Home Non Cigar Related

Are you voting?

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    Voting for the lesser of two evils only guarantees evil. 
    Um, yeah. But the operative word here is 'lesser'....
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voting, I cannot vote for Hillary or Trump though and I do like a lot of what Gary Johnson represents. I know he cannot win, but if we can get enough votes it could send a message.

But the real message is to accept a portion of the blame for these choices. I did not vote in the primary as 72% of the rest of us didn't 86% for both parties each (only 14% of Republican and Democrats voted in their primaries). Our choices are this bad because we did not make one when it mattered and that is on a lot of us. 
    I did not vote in the primary because of party rules, you must be registered with a party to vote in the primary election in Arizona. While I generally lean towards one party I refuse to be hog-tied to a party
    A little dirt never hurt
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not received a ballot. No one in my house or down the street has received any ballots.
    I kind of thought they would get here by now.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    Got mine Tony, you are in a left leaning state, maybe they filled yours out for you
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    I have not received a ballot. No one in my house or down the street has received any ballots.
    I kind of thought they would get here by now.
    Got ours last Thursday.
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    Got mine Tony, you are in a left leaning state, maybe they filled yours out for you
    Well sure!  Y'know, some things just can't be left to the average person, it's too important to, well, you know, the powers that be. >:)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've already voted (either through early voting or absentee) GOOD FOR YOU!!!

IF NOT, BE SURE TO FIND YOUR POLLING LOCATION AND MARK YOUR CALENDAR TO GET OUT AND VOTE NEXT TUESDAY !!!! 

Not only is this a Presidential election, but.....

All 435 Representatives to Congress are up for election....

Along with 34 (out of 100) Senate seats.....

And don't forget about all of your local government officials, and other ballot issues too.

You can preview a sample ballot, and learn more about your local candidates & issues, by entering your address here: http://www.vote411.org/ballot

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    No. I am 59 and voted every presidential election since i was 18. But **** this one. A couple of irresponsible douch bags that should be flushed down the toilet. We The F'd up people endorsed them so have phucking phun with that. 
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voted today. Had to vote for a new boss today with our sheriff retiring. Change is coming all around for me after this election.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

At least you get to vote for your boss ;)

A little dirt never hurt
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I parked at the library,walked to the courthouse and cast my ballot yesterday. I'll be glad when this crazy makin' stuff is over.
    You have a place to vote?
    We don't. We have to mail in our ballots.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    You have a place to vote?
    We don't. We have to mail in our ballots.
    One of the benefits of living outside a small rural county seat.  
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I am 59 and voted every presidential election since i was 18. But **** this one. A couple of irresponsible douch bags that should be flushed down the toilet. We The F'd up people endorsed them so have phucking phun with that. 
    Demand better parties. Johnson, Weld, Castle, Stein... it doesn't matter which, cause none of them are gonna win... just pick one so you can say: "I demand more sensible choices."

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    More than any presidential candidate, senator, or representative, I want to vote for this guy. I don't care what party he's with. I want to vote for him, based solely on his political campaign ad. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzjRwNUQDRU
    If they find that she hid emails and invoked the law that prohibits her from holding office because of it, then what?
    Hold the elections all over again?
    Trump win by default?
    Do they put Sanders in against Trump?

Id that were to happen, it would be interesting.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    raisindot said:
    More than any presidential candidate, senator, or representative, I want to vote for this guy. I don't care what party he's with. I want to vote for him, based solely on his political campaign ad. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzjRwNUQDRU
    That is outstanding
    A little dirt never hurt
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went out this morning :)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Mine did too, since my wife trust my judgement on such things it is almost like I voted twice
    A little dirt never hurt
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

I still think there should be a "None of the above" box.  Start over if > 50% voting pick none of the above.
    Monty Brewster!!!

https://youtu.be/hCFzYcLVNk0
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes....

11aa.jpg 435.2K
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    :)
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did today. Looked at the ballot for 5 minutes, I really struggled on what to do for president. My other elections were easy.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure did. I got 1 Vote for President and I didn't even spend a penny campaigning. 

I will take contributions for my 2020 campaign though  ;)
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?