Home Non Cigar Related

FOOTBALL Season is allmost here!!!!!!!!

Comments

• LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    dutyje:
    Luko:
    The "Into Thin Air" survivors/families/etc. took issue with his account? I didn't realize that. Loved the book and thought the movie was pretty good.

Did you see the documentary about the two climbers (one British and one Austrailian??) in South America that just came out a few years ago. I'm drawing a blank on the name, but I thought that was excellent.
    I don't know the nationalities, and can't recall the names of the 2 involved, but you're probably referring to Vertical Limit. That's an amazing story, although I blame the celebrity of that tale for some rather egregious errors being made by noobie rock climbers/mountaineers in their lack of training/experience.

There is virtually no circumstance in mountaineering where cutting a rope bearing the weight of another climber is a rational decision. Armchair mountaineers can dissect the circumstances in this particular scenario, but I won't go into that except to say it provides a remarkable account of an epic adventure by two very experienced and knowledgable climbers. Thinking rationally under those circumstances is nearly impossible, and second-guessing as an activity other than mental exercise is unhealthy and disrespectful.
    That was it. Riveting movie. Having never climbed anything higher than a fat girl in college, I can't speak to mountaineering aspects.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Yeah.. I know maddy has been talking about putting something together... You're not too far away in Pittsburgh if we meet up somewhere central.

With a couple small children, and a lot of other weekend commitments (climbing, backpacking, etc), it's hard for me to find time. One thing I can say is a good opportunity, is that I'll be driving up to Ohio for a weekend in early December, and leaving the kids behind. I could make a stop somewhere on my way (or a little out of it, even) to meet up with some folks here. Just a thought that popped into my head.
    Where in Ohio? We're practially neighbors here in PA. I think Kuzi is in Ohio. Maybe we could do a mini-herf somewhere in PA or Ohio, depending on what route you're taking to the great Northeast. FYI...I'm prohibited by court injunction from travelling to Cleveland. Let's just say I turned the Dawg Pound into the Puppy Pound.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Luko:
    Where in Ohio? We're practially neighbors here in PA. I think Kuzi is in Ohio. Maybe we could do a mini-herf somewhere in PA or Ohio, depending on what route you're taking to the great Northeast. FYI...I'm prohibited by court injunction from travelling to Cleveland. Let's just say I turned the Dawg Pound into the Puppy Pound.
    Chummed a lot of holes, did you?
    dawgie style...
    I'll be on I-77 from Charlotte to Cleveland. I may actually stop in Alliance, OH for a night or two, depending on whether or not I get to see my aunt the previous weekend. That's right in kuzi's backyard. I'll be taking the turnpike from Cleveland to Toledo for a family reunion.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I'd be willing to carry my fat ass up to Ohio for a herf with you guys.
    Wait 'til Kuzi gets back from Vegas and realizes he's hosting a herf :) I'll bring the Schlitz!
    So we all gonna stay at kuzi's house too?

And I'll bring some real beer for everyone else to drink ;).
    madurofan:

I call quest room...do you think he'll mind if I bring my two dogs? Nah, probably not. I'll bring em. So should we bring sticks or do you think he'll just supply?
    Luko:
    madurofan:

I call quest room...do you think he'll mind if I bring my two dogs? Nah, probably not. I'll bring em. So should we bring sticks or do you think he'll just supply?
    Help yourself to the quest room. I'll take the guest room. Kuzi's a cook, right? That's awesome! I wonder what he's going to cook for us! I hope he's got a nice TV.
    LMAO, never climbed anythign higher than a fat girl in college .... ROFLMAO. AHHAHAHAHAHA

Anyways, kuzi is married to a redhead you guys can risk your own life staying at his house. I'll get a hotel, I should have enough Hilton points by now. I wonder if Hilton even deemed it necessary to build a hotel in Ohio.
    I forgot about the redheaded wife... I wonder if she'll get suspicious when Kuzi takes us all up to his attic to show us around :)
    dutyje:
    I forgot about the redheaded wife... I wonder if she'll get suspicious when Kuzi takes us all up to his attic to show us around :)
    LMAO I forgot about that! That is hilarious that he sneaks up there
    dutyje:
    Luko:
    madurofan:

Help yourself to the quest room. I'll take the guest room. Kuzi's a cook, right? That's awesome! I wonder what he's going to cook for us! I hope he's got a nice TV.
    Guess you haven't heard about his "quest" room. It's supposed to be awesome. And come December, it's where I'll fulfill my quest. So ha.
    What the hell is your quest? You know it isn't polite to try to screw the mans wife in his own quest room ...
    Oh, I thought it was the guest quest room.
    So he has a guest quest and his own quest room? I envy this man.
    The room you want is that upstairs bedroom that's in Cuba.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Does it have a stream yet? Cuz if there's no stream, the whole space worm hole to Cuba thing is just boring.
    Clearly, you are insufficiently aware of Cuban women. Or gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Wait.... now we're talking women? I'm lost here, think I ought to head back to bed. brain no well does think cold with.
    May the Force be with you, Yoda.
  • Philadelphia Eagles!? (we will see this year, maybe maybe not) 2nd team the Steel Curtain! Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store - not a government agency!
    Kuzi have you seen this here thread? Are you aware you are hosting a herf in your backyard? Or possibly your attic.
    I brought him up to speed in another thread... perhaps we need to post up a brand new thread to work on the logistics for Kuzipalooza

EDIT: Also, I believe we agreed this would take place in his attic ;)
    The attic seems like a good spot. What was the kuz-meisters reaction to his hosting a herf?
    I believe he thinks it's a joke or something.
    A joke? Well fine we'll herf at the B&M near his house and not invite him.
    Football season is here...thank god!!!!! Stillers will destroy the Texas tomorrow afternoon at Heinz Field.