Home Non Cigar Related

FOOTBALL Season is allmost here!!!!!!!!

Comments

• ASU doesn't have much of a chance but its not gonna make UGA look that much better since ASU was beat by UNLV, an MWAC team, last week. But IF ASU loses to UGA and is able to beat Cal the following week then at least give USC a run for their money, that would help UGA look stronger for overall schedule. Moreno scares me, he is awfully awesome and again as a Gator fan, he makes me worry about that game. USC's offense is potent but they usually don't see defenses like we have in the SEC.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    urbino:
    Moreno is a running back. What did I say that he would disagree with?

my bad, he said he disagrees with Duty that PAC-10 offenses are better than SEC (with the exception of USC, they're always the exception, it seems).
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Luko:
    urbino:
    Moreno is a running back. What did I say that he would disagree with?

my bad, he said he disagrees with Duty that PAC-10 offenses are better than SEC (with the exception of USC, they're always the exception, it seems).
    That's one player... that'd be like me saying that the Big Ten has the most talent in the nation because Ohio State has Terrelle Pryor.
    A little hyperbole never hurt anymore. Knowshon is one player, sure. I didn't say he is the reason SEC O is better than PAC-10, just an example. I just think the offensive firepower of the respective conferences are a lot closer than than you do.
    I never said how close they were.. I just said one was better.

We need a stinking playoff system already. My argument for this is simple: If you are a team playing Division I-A football (I refuse to call it this Bowl Subdivision nonsense), and you play a Division I-A schedule, and you win all your games, you cannot possibly be eliminated from consideration for the national championship of Division I-A football. A "strength-of-schedule" argument isn't really valid, unless you're saying that the mid-major conferences don't really count as Division I-A (this is an easy argument to make).

So, you either need to reduce "Division I-A" to the six major conferences, or you need to create a playoff system that allows the second-tier teams to be objectively reduced, and puts the best teams in a head-to-head competition with each other. A championship determined by voting is fine for American Idol, not college football. If championships were determined by polls, who would have been the NFL champion last year? What about the NBA? NHL? MLB? In the playoffs, the "best" team isn't always the one that gets crowned champion. But a championship isn't about finding the "best" team... it's about finding the team that performs the best when it needs to.

The polls can be used as a mechanism to help determine teams that qualify for a playoff, or for seeding the playoff, in much the same way the other collegiate championships do. This is practical due to the large number of teams. But, first and foremost, until a team has been beaten, it can't be eliminated from the conversation.
    Couldn't. Agree. More. It's laughable that it still hasn't happened, but I think within the next three or four years, it will. This is what McPain and Obamiden should be advocating if they want to win over independents.
  • BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    Ya thats right go PACK!!! im very excited for this season. *** im very excited for every season haha
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    BigDan.:
    Ya thats right go PACK!!! im very excited for this season. *** im very excited for every season haha
    Ugh... This last game was a shamble... we should've had three more touchdowns than we did and it seemed like the Ball was GLUED to Aaron Rodgers hand...

GET RID OF IT DAMMIT!!!
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Yeah, he did seem a bit slow to give up on some plays. I guess you don't develop that clock in your head by sitting on the sidelines for 3 years.
    urbino:
    Yeah, he did seem a bit slow to give up on some plays. I guess you don't develop that clock in your head by sitting on the sidelines for 3 years.
    Unfortunately his clock is measured in Menstrual cycles, not seconds... Great if he's expecting, not so great when seconds seperate the Joe Montana's from the John Kitna's...
    I don't think I'd be bashing him, if I were a Packers fan. Yeah, he held the ball too long sometimes tonight, but overall he's playing pretty doggone well. Look at what happened to the Dolphins after Marino, or the Broncos after Elway. You guys seem to be in really good shape at QB for a team that just lost a legend.
    urbino:
    I don't think I'd be bashing him, if I were a Packers fan. Yeah, he held the ball too long sometimes tonight, but overall he's playing pretty doggone well. Look at what happened to the Dolphins after Marino, or the Broncos after Elway. You guys seem to be in really good shape at QB for a team that just lost a legend.
    Me + Miller Lite = Armchair quarterback

I'll always be a Packers fan... Maybe I can get Rodgers hooked on Painkillers....
  • I'm from Cleveland, so, by default I'm a Browns fan. They suck but I can't help but love them. I think it's something to do with it being engrained in my blood. I'm think they're going to go 4-12 this year if they're lucky. If they want to have a chance then they need to quit **** around and put Quinn in and take Anderson out. Romeo needs to be relieved of his head coaching job and be put into an assisstant position. With that they need to bring Chuzchinski (sp) to head coach. Crennell is a terrible head coach. I'd love to say the brownies are going to the bowl but, it just ain't happening.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    These Filthy Hands:
    I'm from Cleveland, so, by default I'm a Browns fan. They suck but I can't help but love them. I think it's something to do with it being engrained in my blood. I'm think they're going to go 4-12 this year if they're lucky. If they want to have a chance then they need to quit **** around and put Quinn in and take Anderson out. Romeo needs to be relieved of his head coaching job and be put into an assisstant position. With that they need to bring Chuzchinski (sp) to head coach. Crennell is a terrible head coach. I'd love to say the brownies are going to the bowl but, it just ain't happening.
    ...the toilet bowl...

eh, i grew up in cincinnati so who am i making fun of? the Bengals seem to have a way of snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory.

all ohio tems suck this year.... and most years...
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    These Filthy Hands:
    I'm from Cleveland, so, by default I'm a Browns fan. They suck but I can't help but love them. I think it's something to do with it being engrained in my blood. I'm think they're going to go 4-12 this year if they're lucky. If they want to have a chance then they need to quit **** around and put Quinn in and take Anderson out. Romeo needs to be relieved of his head coaching job and be put into an assisstant position. With that they need to bring Chuzchinski (sp) to head coach. Crennell is a terrible head coach. I'd love to say the brownies are going to the bowl but, it just ain't happening.
    ...the toilet bowl...

eh, i grew up in cincinnati so who am i making fun of? the Bengals seem to have a way of snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory.

How many Super Bowls have been won by an Ohio team? One has never even made one ...

Your college program used to be a force now they're the laughing stock of real football ... you know where its played for real ... in the south.

PTFTW!!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    How many Super Bowls have been won by an Ohio team? One has never even made one ...
    not true. Cincinnati made it twice. once in 88 against the 49ers and once in ....
    i cant remember when but it was also against the 49ers. Lost em both.

dont you remember the Ickey shuffle?
    I meant One of the teams(Cleveland) has never made one, I knew Cincy made it a couple times with Boomer.
  • kuzi16:
    These Filthy Hands:
    ...the toilet bowl...

Ha, dooty.
    These Filthy Hands:
    kuzi16:
    These Filthy Hands:
    ...the toilet bowl...

Ha, dooty.
    Yeah, I take the Browns to the Super Bowl every day... sometimes two or three times... if I get some bad food, I might take the Browns to the Super Bowl a dozen or more times in a single day!
  • dutyje:
    These Filthy Hands:
    kuzi16:
    These Filthy Hands:
    ...the toilet bowl...

Ha, dooty.
    Yeah, I take the Browns to the Super Bowl every day... sometimes two or three times... if I get some bad food, I might take the Browns to the Super Bowl a dozen or more times in a single day!
    Seems to be the only way that they'll ever get there.
    dutyje:
    And probably do the icky shuffle, afterwards.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I'm really luck this year, I am and have always been a huge Cowboys fan, and we have a good team again. We need some work on the defensive side of the ball, but overall a great team. People trash the Cowboys all the time here at the Police Dept I work at, but I am a true fan and always will be no matter how good or bad they are.
    urbino:
    dutyje:
    And probably do the icky shuffle, afterwards.
    I honestly just laughed so hard at this I had a snot bubble!
    PuroFreak:
    I'm really luck this year, I am and have always been a huge Cowboys fan, and we have a good team again. We need some work on the defensive side of the ball, but overall a great team. People trash the Cowboys all the time here at the Police Dept I work at, but I am a true fan and always will be no matter how good or bad they are.
    First off Puro, wait until Sunday! My Redskins might just have something for ya! LOL, Second lets wait until the Cowpokes when a playoff game before we annoint them, ;).

Plans changed ... Tulsa not Dallas ...
  • damn bears are pissing me off!!!!! We should be 3-0
    Celtic Rider:
    damn bears are pissing me off!!!!! We should be 3-0
    2-1 at best.. remember, you played my Panthers
    dutyje:
    Celtic Rider:
    Your Cats look good bro .. they are definetly the team to beat in the NFC South!
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    Celtic Rider:
    Your Cats look good bro .. they are definetly the team to beat in the NFC South!

That's just like saying they're the tallest person at a midget convention!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Celtic Rider:
    Hey Celtic, that makes two of us.. At least I am a Cubs fan too, I have a temporary distraction from Bears misery. and pre season Black Hawks hockey too !!
    Celtic Rider:
    You really should.