Home General Discussion
Options

South East Herf!!

Comments

• Options
    That's the great thing about Wise Ash, no ear chewers allowed! The owner was in the Navy before being a cop. He has a great BS detector. A lot of new cigars just came out at the show too.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    rossdavey2:
    doromath:
    Yeah most likely some quarter cask Laphroaig and/or beer. Laphroaig is an Islay scotch so it's really peaty and is my go-to single malt. For me it pairs with damn near everything :p
    If I make it I got a bottle of Talisker 10year. Great island malt without the Laphroaig price tag. Bottle runs about $35-40. You might like it, if not more for me.
    I'm willing to try anything once, maybe I'll bring ya some moonshine Ross! ;) Your wife would kill me though if u ended up blind, LOL.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Krieg:
    rossdavey2:
    doromath:
    Yeah most likely some quarter cask Laphroaig and/or beer. Laphroaig is an Islay scotch so it's really peaty and is my go-to single malt. For me it pairs with damn near everything :p
    If I make it I got a bottle of Talisker 10year. Great island malt without the Laphroaig price tag. Bottle runs about $35-40. You might like it, if not more for me.
    I'm willing to try anything once, maybe I'll bring ya some moonshine Ross! ;) Your wife would kill me though if u ended up blind, LOL.
    I will try anythign once as well. Well not anything...I'm not "that" type of guy ;-)
    Bring the moonshine I might bring a flask and take it home to drink just incase I go blind.
  • Options
    Looks like the 18th is a go for most. U guys wanna meet around the same time? 2ish?

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Two-ish works for me! I will likely poke around the humi first and foremost for something to stary the afternoon off with.

Ross - Definitely looking forward to trying the Tallisker if you can make it up.

Chris - I have yet to really have really good rum. Maybe if you bring some I can pick up a new poison for the list :p
  • Options
    Looks like I won't be able to make the 18th. We had a family visit planned for the weekend of the 10th that needed to get moved back a week to get everyone there. As fun as the herf is going to be, family takes priority. September sure booked up fast! Hope you gents have a good time, and I'll hope to at least catch some of you at the TW Anni party later in the year.
  • Options
    no problem Dan, TW is coming up quick! I can't wait.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Looks like we picked a good day to go to Wish Ash for our Herf. They are hosting a "Low Country Boil and Herf" from 4 till 10pm. Tickets are $10, might be crowded as hell too...so we might wanna also think about moving it to another weekend. What do you guys think? Here are the details

Come join us for some eatin', drinkin' and smokin' as the C4 Cigar Club hosts a Low Country Boil at Wise Ash Cigars!

The C4 Club and Wise Ash will host our first Low Country Boil on Sept. 17th at Wise Ash. Where a traditional Low Country Boil contains sausage, shrimp, corn and potatoes we might have some crabs or crawfish appear in ours if we can find some good ones available. Either way you can guarantee that we'll have some good eats and cold drinks for everyone to enjoy.

Unlike our other events we're selling tickets to this one. Why? Cause we are poor and putting on a big seafood boil takes some funding. We won't make money off this and if we do happen to take in more than we spend the additional funds will go back to support other club events... you know how we do it up around here. But, for $10.00 you won't find a better meal or good bunch of people to enjoy it with.

The short and sweet:
    • C4 and Wise Ash are hosting a Low Country / Seafood Boil at Wise Ash on 09/17 at 4:00 PM. (We'll be there early setting up and watching football so come on out.)

• It'll cost you $10.00.

• For $10.00 you get all-you-can-eat Low Country Boil and some cold beers (we'll have some beers but PLEASE feel free to bring 6-12 to toss in the cooler and share!)

• You'll also get at least ONE FREE CIGAR.

Please come out and join us for this event. In addition to the items above we may have some surprises for you and we'll have college football in full swing in The Sanctuary.

TICKETS WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR FOR $12.00.

Please try to buy your tickets online before the event as it will help us to have a headcount and know how many people we'll need to serve. If not we will have a limited number of tickets available at the door the day of the event. Since we'll use ticket sales to gauge buying the food there are no refunds... even if you can't make it to stay you better come on by and get you a plate of food. ;-)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    I am still out for that weekend whether it is the 17th or the 18th. September booked up fast, so about my only available weekend is the 10th. I think the boil sounds pretty awesome though.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I would love to go! Wise Ash in Atl. on the 17th... what time?
  • Options
    My vote would be for the 10th so doro can make it too. I'm not really into a crowded event.
  • Options
    rossdavey2:
    My vote would be for the 10th so doro can make it too. I'm not really into a crowded event.
    what's the matter Ross, you afraid you'll get ear raped again?? LOL...btw...I think the whole month of Sept. is out for Dan, from what I understood anyways.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    BigT06:
    Big...we haven't decided on a time as of yet. Looks like we are still trying to narrow down the date atm.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    BigT06:
    Big...we haven't decided on a time as of yet. Looks like we are still trying to narrow down the date atm.
    right on. I will def keep track as new info is posted. The Wise Ash event sounds like a LOT of fun to me. Looking forward to meeting you guys in person!
  • Options
    doromath:
    September booked up fast, so about my only available weekend is the 10th.
    Im just saying :-)
  • Options
    rossdavey2:
    doromath:
    touche! 10th is next weekend...I'd have to check with my wife and see what she has planned if we decide to move it to the 10th.....

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    rossdavey2:
    doromath:
    touche! 10th is next weekend...I'd have to check with my wife and see what she has planned if we decide to move it to the 10th.....
    10th would def be harder for me as well... but I will try to make whatever is decided on. The 17th, I know I can go.
  • Options
    I am still free on the 10th, but it sounds like the original date of the 18th works better for most. Not that I wouldn't love to make it, I would just hate to see folks not gett a chance to herf on account of my schedule change. If the 10th ends up working better for everyone else then I will be there :p
  • Options
    I got to say the 10th would work better for me. I understand if people can't make it with short notice. I will make it to the next one for sure.
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Im gonna keep checking this thread, if im in town im gonna crash it!
  • Options
    Well I talked to my wife and she seems cool with moving the date up. Anyone else out there mind moving the herf to the 10th?

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    I will see what I can do to get my schedule moved around when I get to work tonight. When/where would it be?
  • Options
    I think around 2 is the norm. I might be wrong and it will be at wise ash. Not sure where that is but I'm sure a google search will find it.
  • Options
    I haven't been to Wise Ash before, but according to Tim it's in Marietta, not quite sure the exact location. Maybe if he sees this post he can chime in.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    2:00 on Saturday works well for me.

I have yet to go to Wise Ash either, but here is the address and their website:

2417 Cobb Parkway SE
    Smyrna, Ga. 30080

www.wiseashcigars.com
  • Options
    so 2pm at the Wise Ash on the 10th it is, correct?
  • Options
    yup

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Sounds like I will be seeing you guys in 4 days.
  • Options
    Excellent! I am pleased it worked out that I could make it. Looking forward to seeing you gents and meeting BigT and maybe DS if he crashes the party.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    yeah, I have 0 money so sadly yet again I will be missing this event, hope to maybe make it to the TW anny or somethin