Home General Discussion
Options

South East Herf!!

Comments

• Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Like I said I have no idea when the baby will come. He has dropped and she is on meds to delay it untill next monday. He might come out soon after the meds stop, or be a little *** and wait for 6 more weeks. If I can make it I will.
  • Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    August 12-13 huge Chattanooga tweet up with special guest Jon Huber formerly of CAO. I will be going up on Saturday. We can join or plan around? It will be at Burns in Chattanooga. Tiki Bar online newsletter has the details.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Sorry I haven't checked in on this thread in awhile...but in case you haven't followed my thread in non-cigar, I've had a family emergency over last weekend. I am hoping My Bro in law will be out of the hospital by sometime in August, but just in case things get bad (which they're not), I won't be able to make it I'm sure. But things are looking good so far. So Later in the month or Sept would work better for me.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    I am fairly sure I could do Sept.
  • Options
    Anybody interested in the Chattanooga tweet up? Details at tikibaronline.com.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    rossdavey2:
    I am fairly sure I could do Sept.
    September would give me more time to figure out how the heck to get time off from work, lord knows I need a herf again...
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    I probably wouldn"t make the Chattanooga event but am kind of on the fence. I can definitely do Sept except for the weekend of the 24th.
  • Options
    Matt Booth from Room 101 now confirmed for Chattanooga!
  • Options
    I dont think I'll make it down to Atlanta but Chattanooga for the tweet up looks like a good possibility. I'll stick it on my calendar for tentative right now though. Vacationing in FL (Disney) last week of July so I may be broke!
  • Options
    MrGreenMachine:
    I dont think I'll make it down to Atlanta but Chattanooga for the tweet up looks like a good possibility. I'll stick it on my calendar for tentative right now though. Vacationing in FL (Disney) last week of July so I may be broke!
    Disney?? My wife wants to take the family down there...I've never been...she has. I don't know how much longer I can hold her off! LOL Hope you enjoy your vacation buddy and if we don't see you this time around, there is always the Tobacco World Anniv Herf!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    The Chattanooga tweet up keeps growing. Several more companies have signed up. Anybody else going?
  • Options
    Life has been busy for me lately, sorry I haven't been keeping up with this. Have we determined that Sept would be easier for everyone?

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Huge Chattanooga Tweet up herf Saturday! tikibaronline.com
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Atlanta here, too.
  • Options
    djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    September works for me, but I think I will be on vacation at the end of September.
  • Options
    will Sept. 24th work for everyone? I think it would be more convienent if we met up at a place that has food/drinks and let us smoke our cigars...so I say we vote, I'm tossing out couple of suggestions, feel free to add to the list and then we can all vote:
    My two suggestions are:

1. Baileys (this is the place we went to for dinner at the first SE Herf)

2. Harp (place we went to last SE herf)

There is also the buckhead lounge...but that's pricey.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Baileys was nice, I'm really going to have to be a "last minute" kind of notice, fixing to get a place with my GF soon so might have to miss out again, just hope I don't.
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    Baileys was nice, I'm really going to have to be a "last minute" kind of notice, fixing to get a place with my GF soon so might have to miss out again, just hope I don't.
    uh huh...excuses, excuses! jk

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    I'd go for Bailys if I can make it. Or Wiseash and we just bring our own beer and order a pizza.
  • Options
    rossdavey2:
    I'd go for Bailys if I can make it. Or Wiseash and we just bring our own beer and order a pizza.
    that's a great idea too! I forgot we could bring our own beer.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    The 24th isn't doable for me unfortunately, though almost every other weekend is currently. If it ends up where I can make it I will cast a vote for where it happens :p
  • Options
    doromath:
    The 24th isn't doable for me unfortunately, though almost every other weekend is currently. If it ends up where I can make it I will cast a vote for where it happens :p
    I'm open for any date really, I just picked 24th out of the air. 18th?

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    I could do the 18th
  • Options
    I am pretty sure the 18th works here but will double check the calendar with my wife tomorrow to make sure.
  • Options
    I'll make any September Saturday. I would prefer Wise Ash. We can bring beer or liquor. Plenty of good food nearby.
  • Options
    Sounds good, another vote for 18th.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Wise Ash sounds good too as long as Tim guarantees to take care of any possible ear chewers that come our way :p

I think its a plus that we don't have to deal with servers, etc and can bring whatever we want for drinks (meaning I can drink scoth without paying an arm and a leg).

And yes that means I will be bringing scotch ;)
  • Options
    If he doesnt guarantee then we could always offer him up as a sacraficial lamb to the ear chewer! Lol. So you're gonna bring scotch? I'm thinking I might bring JD or some jamacan rum.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Yeah most likely some quarter cask Laphroaig and/or beer. Laphroaig is an Islay scotch so it's really peaty and is my go-to single malt. For me it pairs with damn near everything :p
  • Options
    doromath:
    Yeah most likely some quarter cask Laphroaig and/or beer. Laphroaig is an Islay scotch so it's really peaty and is my go-to single malt. For me it pairs with damn near everything :p
    If I make it I got a bottle of Talisker 10year. Great island malt without the Laphroaig price tag. Bottle runs about $35-40. You might like it, if not more for me.