Home General Discussion
Options

South East Herf!!

Comments

• Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    I don't have my ticket yet but I'm definitely IN. Waiting on a non-forum buddy to get my armbands so I can grab him one if he's going.

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    doromath:
    I don't have my ticket yet but I'm definitely IN. Waiting on a non-forum buddy to get my armbands so I can grab him one if he's going.

Mine and JZ's armbands have been sitting in my car for about a month now, lol.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Ok, so next saturday is the TW anniv party, I'm looking forward to it. I think I'm gonna get a box of RP Brothers. 25% off! You get your ticket yet Dan??

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Nope, the forces of life and laziness conspired against me this weekend (also: the force of overdue yardwork helped). Today is the day though, going to go by there after work and pick it up.

Hope you gents don't mind but I've been talking the event up to all my cigar buddies and alot of them are going to show up. Most don't know about CCOM or the forums but they're good guys one and all.

Is the whole shop discounted 25%? I've managed not to spend my discretionay income for this month (despite Kelly's relentless deal e-mails) so I'm looking to pad the humidors (new one is seasoning now!).
  • Options
    Yeah, i think the entire store is 25% off, unless they changed it under the new ownership.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Hey man. If you remember get as many reps cards.
  • Options
    rossdavey2:
    Hey man. If you remember get as many reps cards.
    will do

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Ticket purchased, all systems go for Saturday!

I'm hoping to get there at noon. Not sure how the raffles/freebies go but I figure getting there early can't hurt.

Plus, that's lunch time ;)
  • Options
    I'll probably be getting there sometime between 1-2, my son is getting baptised on saturday and then we are all going to lunch after. So after that, I'm gonna head over, I will be literally 10min up the street from there so it won't take me long. As for the raffles go, they are constantly calling out numbers...and I mean constantly, all DAY long.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Hey Chris you check and see if they have the RP 15th Anni's there, igf they're decently priced I would like 2 or 3 and we can figure out how to swap monies or stoagies ^ ^ or maybe the 92 Tubos only had one 92' that I got from one of the guys at the herf I traded a Centurian for and it was damn tasty... either way hit me up with a pm here or Facebook :P
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    Hey Chris you check and see if they have the RP 15th Anni's there, igf they're decently priced I would like 2 or 3 and we can figure out how to swap monies or stoagies ^ ^ or maybe the 92 Tubos only had one 92' that I got from one of the guys at the herf I traded a Centurian for and it was damn tasty... either way hit me up with a pm here or Facebook :P

As was that Centurian good sir ;)
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    Spence...I already know they have the 15ths, they have a HUGE RP section, tubos included. The section takes up one entire wall, and then an end cap off another isle. I will check on the 90 tubos, I am almost certain they have them, when I was their last time, they had Decade, 90, 99, and 92.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    PM sent

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Hayblet:
    as for the prices on the 15th annies, I think the Toro's were around 180 or 190. Then it goes down from their...you are looking about 10.50 - 10.75 per cigar, but then you get 25% off. I thought about getting a box, but I think I'm gonna get a box of Patel Bros instead.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    See you gents tomorrow! I'll be there around noon with some local cigar buddies chowing down so hit me up when you guys get there :p
  • Options
    Well, another few short months and it will finally be spring...and with spring and warm weather comes the 2nd SE Herf! Does anyone have any interest in having another?? When would you guys wanna get together?

Here's to good friends, good drinks and of course, Great cigars.

Hopefully this time we won't get ear raped! lol Poor Ross...

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Yes this sounds great. Not the ear rape, but the herf sounds great.
  • Options
    rossdavey2:
    Yes this sounds great. Not the ear rape, but the herf sounds great.
    Sweet, be good to see ya again Ross. How is your B&M coming along? If it's up and running by the time herf comes around maybe we could all meet up at your shop? Just tossing out ideas right now...

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Any chance we could do this a little farther north than ATL? That would be an 8 hour drive for me! If I have the time I would love to make it down there. But if we do it a bit closer to home, maybe SC, I would be better able to attend. i called a few places in Myrtle Beach a while ago and they said they would love to host something of this nature. Just thoughts...
  • Options
    I'm definitely up for another herf in the near future! Despite being generally lazy I would be up for a drive, assuming I could carpool with someone (we're a 1 car family since a tree killed my car in December). Would prefer a day trip but could probably drum up funds for an overnighter with a little notice.
  • Options
    would love to go to Mrytle Beach, but would have to get the wife's OK......and with a little one and a 3 year old...she might be hesitant...if this idea is what everyone wants to do, then I will see what I can get her to agree with... Im sure you guys know how it is ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    I'm currently commuting between southwest VA and Atlanta for work. If everything works out, I'd like meet up with you guys and share a cigar or two.
  • Options
    kingofallbacks:
    I'm currently commuting between southwest VA and Atlanta for work. If everything works out, I'd like meet up with you guys and share a cigar or two.
    that's one hell of a commute, lol!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    kingofallbacks:
    Haha. I should have been more specific. I drive back home to Atlanta every other weekend. It's not too bad of a drive (just over 5 hours).
  • Options
    kingofallbacks:
    Krieg:
    kingofallbacks:
    Haha. I should have been more specific. I drive back home to Atlanta every other weekend. It's not too bad of a drive (just over 5 hours).
    not too bad, lots of time to enjoy some cigars on the way at least

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg the shop is coming along. Finial got the down commision to work out how to classify me. Because I want to serve mirco brews, single malts and fine wines the south just sh1ts bricks. Going through the money stuff a couple more times with trusted advisors. Then its rounding the investors back in. Got a game plan for that. Seems like 3 or 4 guys down here are the ring leaders for the well off. If I get a few of them on board the others follow like sheep.
    looking at two buildings. One has 2 main levels and a basement that could be used in the future. Basical ground floor would have food and drinks. Up stairs and the roof would be smoking areas with drinks and food.
    the other would be all smoking with lunches and drinks. Just need to see which would work best. The 1st I would need to hire more help. The 2nd would be mainly just me.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I should be down like a clown as long as it's after Cigarfest
  • Options
    rossdavey2:
    Krieg the shop is coming along. Finial got the down commision to work out how to classify me. Because I want to serve mirco brews, single malts and fine wines the south just sh1ts bricks. Going through the money stuff a couple more times with trusted advisors. Then its rounding the investors back in. Got a game plan for that. Seems like 3 or 4 guys down here are the ring leaders for the well off. If I get a few of them on board the others follow like sheep.
    looking at two buildings. One has 2 main levels and a basement that could be used in the future. Basical ground floor would have food and drinks. Up stairs and the roof would be smoking areas with drinks and food.
    the other would be all smoking with lunches and drinks. Just need to see which would work best. The 1st I would need to hire more help. The 2nd would be mainly just me.
    Sounds like its coming along Ross! I can't wait to come visit once u get up and running.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Hayblet:
    Wouldn't dream of competing with Cigar Fest, Spence! Any ideas on this herf??

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    Hayblet:
    Wouldn't dream of competing with Cigar Fest, Spence! Any ideas on this herf??
    I would like to go some place else. Nothing against TW, but would be fun to go some place new.