Home General Discussion
Options

South East Herf!!

Comments

• Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Same here. It's the right thing to do but I would be lying if I didn't acknowledge that I'm excited to see this giant humi for the first time. I can't resist buying from my small B&Ms, no way will I walk out with just one stick from TW...
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    doromath:
    Same here. It's the right thing to do but I would be lying if I didn't acknowledge that I'm excited to see this giant humi for the first time. I can't resist buying from my small B&Ms, no way will I walk out with just one stick from TW...
    I still can't believe you never been there since u live in Marietta! lol It's a great humi, I have been to their Anniversary herf for the last 2 years, and man...its awesome. Every cigar rep I can think of is usually there too. Best selection of stuff I've ever seen.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    doromath:
    I still can't believe you never been there since u live in Marietta! lol It's a great humi, I have been to their Anniversary herf for the last 2 years, and man...its awesome. Every cigar rep I can think of is usually there too. Best selection of stuff I've ever seen.

Yeeaaaaaah I'm a bit of a hermit. I don't know anyone close that smokes cigars either, so when I hit a B&M it's usually Truly Cigars, since they're right down the road from me.

I still need to get out to Wish Ash to herf with Jackets sometime as well. Only been smoking at B&Ms since the weather got miserable :p
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    8 days! well 7.something to be accurate...
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Bad news fellas... I wont be able to make it :-( The boss man just informed me that I will be working Saturday afternoon... I'm pretty upset because there are TONS of other people that can do this, but I am the one with plans so of course I get stuck with it... Sorry guys. I'll be sure to catch the next one though!
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    Bad news fellas... I wont be able to make it :-( The boss man just informed me that I will be working Saturday afternoon... I'm pretty upset because there are TONS of other people that can do this, but I am the one with plans so of course I get stuck with it... Sorry guys. I'll be sure to catch the next one though!
    "Um...yeah.....I'm gonna need you to come in Tomorroooowwww.....and if you can go ahead and come in on Sunday too....that would be greaaatttt....mmmmmmmmmm k....."

no problem man, I figured at least a few people would be dropping out. I'm still going though, even if I show up by myself, lol.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    ejenne87:
    Call in sick that one Saturday *wink wink nudge nudge*
  • Options
    bump bump! We are going to Bailey's for dinner right? or just a sorta chillin place?
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    bump bump! We are going to Bailey's for dinner right? or just a sorta chillin place?
    that's the plan...food...drinks...and more cigars!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    Hayblet:

That sounds fantastic. The way things have been going lately it's likely the herf will be the first cigar I've had in two weeks! Even if not I'll be looking for some serious cigar overindulgence.
  • Options
    doromath:
    Krieg:
    Hayblet:

That sounds fantastic. The way things have been going lately it's likely the herf will be the first cigar I've had in two weeks! Even if not I'll be looking for some serious cigar overindulgence.
    Wow, 2 weeks in the summer time between smokes?? that's terrible, I hate it for you. When I go that long it's usually in the winter time and I just don't feel like freezing my ass off and can't make it to Old Havana Cigar Bar.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Yup, I'm not the biggest fan but the weather is terrible and I haven't had time to hit the B&M. Life gets busy and the first things to go are usually your stress coping mechanisms.

The winter is actually easier for me. I bought a radiant heater that works like a charm, even if it's freezing with wind. No cure for the swamp weather though...
  • Options
    doromath:
    Yup, I'm not the biggest fan but the weather is terrible and I haven't had time to hit the B&M. Life gets busy and the first things to go are usually your stress coping mechanisms.

The winter is actually easier for me. I bought a radiant heater that works like a charm, even if it's freezing with wind. No cure for the swamp weather though...
    I'd rather smoke more during the winter since I can layer clothing and slap on my leather jacket and be very content smoking outside for several hours. Also 2 more shifts for me then the mini-vacation!
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    doromath:

I'd rather smoke more during the winter since I can layer clothing and slap on my leather jacket and be very content smoking outside for several hours. Also 2 more shifts for me then the mini-vacation!
    really? You'd rather smoke in the winter time?? not me, I can't stand cold weather, lol.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Man, when I woke up for work this morning, I felt like CRAP, and I was so pissed thinking I was coming down with something...always seems to happen when I have weekend plans! I took a PTO day off from work, and slept ALL day pretty much, and I think it did the trick. I feel 100% better than I did this morning. I think my body was tired and just trying to fight off something, my wife has a sinus infection atm, and I have learned that 90% of the time I get sick is when I'm tired as hell. So sleeping most of today I think really did do the trick. Rest assured guys, I will be there! TB World, here I come! :)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    looking forward to it! I worked 70 hours last week for invetory, and had 27 hours in when I left today. Tomorrow, I get the pleasure of entertaining a senior vp, and my regional vp. I am ready to relax with lots of smoke.
  • Options
    jacketsrule:
    looking forward to it! I worked 70 hours last week for invetory, and had 27 hours in when I left today. Tomorrow, I get the pleasure of entertaining a senior vp, and my regional vp. I am ready to relax with lots of smoke.
    whatever you do, don't fall asleep while you're entertaining! lol

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    hardest part: trying to figure out what to fill my travel Humi with and what to bring whats left of my Sun Grown box in...
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    hardest part: trying to figure out what to fill my travel Humi with and what to bring whats left of my Sun Grown box in...
    I've been trying to figure out what I want to bring and smoke, I keep changing my mind, lol

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    I have 4 for sure that I'm bringing to smoke: both of my Tat Tubos, Ghengis Kahn, and my Gurkha Grand Reserve... other than that I'm like ????? also kinda depends on if I can score some schweet DE schwag/gars at the event I'm hitting on Friday.
  • Options
    I haven't put a whole lot of thought into what I'm bringing just yet either. I'll be packing a Tat black, LFD DL Maduro Chisel and some Cains for sure. The rest is likely to be a smash and grab operation on some of the sticks I've had sitting for awhile waiting to try. Maybe finally smoke one of the Monte Whites my FIL gave me.

I've also toyed with the idea of doing my MoW badge during the Herf since I have all three resting ;)
  • Options
    Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo close!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    So I guess the plan is:

meet at Tobacco World between 2pm-3pm, hang out for a bit, and then head over to Baileys for dinner, drinks...after that, who knows.

Does anyone need directions to Tobacco World? It's easy to google for them and get their address and download directions. If anyone wants me cell number in case they get lost, just shoot me a PM.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Looking forward to it gents. Between numerous googlings and the GPS I should be able to navigate the short distance from my house to TW :P

Here's the updated attendee list that I have, which I'm mostly posting to make sure I bring enough "surprises" for everyone:

1. Krieg
    2. Hayblet
    3. JacketsRule
    4. Rossdavey2
    5. Doromath
    6. MrGreenMachine (tentative)
    7. Alex "The Unabomber" Williams (Maybe? Kinda? Eh?)
  • Options
    JZ will be coming back in town that afternoon, so he might also stop by and join us for a smoke...he's gonna txt me when he gets in.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Really wish I could come guys but it doesn't look like ill be able to this go round. I am gonna make it a point to get over to hotlanta so I can have a mini herf with you good Georgians!!
  • Options
    Alex Williams:
    Really wish I could come guys but it doesn't look like ill be able to this go round. I am gonna make it a point to get over to hotlanta so I can have a mini herf with you good Georgians!!

That'd be awesome! Be sure to post something or drop me a PM when you can make it over this way.

• Options
    I woke up yesterday with a terrible sinus infection. Now I'm off all weekend to enjoy it! I will be there anyway, but I might tear up a little. Nothing like a good herf to do that. I stopped in Tobacco World last night on my way home, and picked up an EPC short run, and San Cristobal SDS. That humidor gets me every time.
  • Options
    I got a little bit of one too, seem to be on the tail in though.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Definitely going around. I'm fighting something but generally my immune system does a pretty decent job. Still hitting NyQuil and DayQuil just as a preventative ;)