Home General Discussion

South East Herf!!

Comments

• jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    Bump! I thought we would have a larger crowd? Aybody else interested?
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I figured there would be a few more joining us, but we will have a month to go. I am sooo looking forward to the 28th.

"Long ashes my friends."

• HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    I figured there would be a few more joining us, but we will have a month to go. I am sooo looking forward to the 28th.
    Me too! Got the time off at work and hopefully will have my vacation checks in the bank by then. Maybe we can con Alex Williams into showing up... can't be too far of a drive
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Hayblet:
    Krieg:
    Me too! Got the time off at work and hopefully will have my vacation checks in the bank by then. Maybe we can con Alex Williams into showing up... can't be too far of a drive

It would be a great pleasure to meet the Unabomber himself. Would also give me the chance to repay the generous welcome package he sent me months ago ;)
    where is alex from?? I know he said a while back he's gonna be pretty busy for awhile and probably won't be on here for ???? it would be nice to meet him though.

"Long ashes my friends."

around Birmingham AB
    really looking forward to this: The Humidor is now 1000 Square feet....Come see us! I think I may come back broke and in need of yet another Humi
    Hayblet:
    really looking forward to this: The Humidor is now 1000 Square feet....Come see us! I think I may come back broke and in need of yet another Humi

That's bigger than my first home purchase...
    yeah, it's a freaking huge humidor. biggest once ive ever been in

"Long ashes my friends."

so how are we looking on this?? is everyone good to go still for the 28th at Tobacco World?

"Long ashes my friends."

• Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    there is a SMALL chance i will be able to make it. I will be in Knoxville that weekend and will have to try and persuade my brother to take a day trip with me since it will be our long awaited and planned "Bro's Weekend"
    I'm still in for it!

Hope you can make it without sacrificing time with your Bro Alex. If you're coming through town at a different time let me (us) know. I know I'd be up for an encore mini-herf with the Unabomber :p
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    doromath:
    I'm still in for it!

Hope you can make it without sacrificing time with your Bro Alex. If you're coming through town at a different time let me (us) know. I know I'd be up for an encore mini-herf with the Unabomber :p
    ill definately keep that in mind! he doesnt smoke cigars unless he is around me but ill see if i can get him to tag along
    Alex Williams:
    doromath:
    I'm still in for it!

ill definately keep that in mind! he doesnt smoke cigars unless he is around me but ill see if i can get him to tag along
    hope u can make it Alex, we are going to meet up at Tobacco World, and then head over to Baily's for dinner and more cigars. The two places are right off of I-75, so you would be able to shoot back up to Knoxville in no time.

"Long ashes my friends."

I'm chomping at the bit in wait for this... um kinda wanted to ask are we gonna bring sticks for each other or just our own supply? I'll most likely bring way more than I could ever smoke in a day but if we're gonna kind of gift each other I would like to know a head of time so I can find out preferences n whatnot ya know?
    Hayblet:
    I'm chomping at the bit in wait for this... um kinda wanted to ask are we gonna bring sticks for each other or just our own supply? I'll most likely bring way more than I could ever smoke in a day but if we're gonna kind of gift each other I would like to know a head of time so I can find out preferences n whatnot ya know?
    hmmm...I haven't thought about that. I just planned on bringing my own smokes and maybe getting a couple at Tobacco World when I show up and don't look like an ass to the owner.

"Long ashes my friends."

I was going to swing by the local B&M here and pick up a relatively hard-to-find stick that I think most BORKs from the board would be interrested in trying (or have already tried and liked). I was planning on one per BORK. They're not anything really expensive, just rarer and are near and dear to some board member's hearts.

It's one I've been wanting to try for awhile and the shop is going to JUST be getting them in now ;)
    well um I don't really have a surplus of 1 particular stick ya know? Also I had planned on browsing/buying since it will probably be the hugest walk-in Humi I'll ever be in less I win the lottery I suppose I could bring a ton of random sticks and let people choose ya know? Just curious for etiquette for this sort of thing.
    I'm not expecting anything in return for the stick I'm bringing for y'all, it's a gift in the truest sense of the word ;)

This'll be my first herf as well, so I was planning on buying a few sticks from the B&M to smoke there, with maybe a couple to take home as well. I'll also be bringing some of my own stock for smoking outside of the B&M. I'm planning on bringing a wide enough selection of stogies so that I can trade if I have anything that another BORK was just dying to try.

If anyone is interrested in arranging a big trade it should probably be worked out individually before the herf rather than done on the fly at the herf. Personally I'm not looking for a trade as I see this as being more about the company and camaraderie than about trades or in-person bombings.

So, to answer your question: Feel free just to bring the sticks you plan on smoking, though you may want to buy at least one from the B&M while we're there, just as a courtesy to the store. :)
    so what is the count so far on who's coming??

"Long ashes my friends."

Last count was 6 of us (believe you posted the list). I'm still in!
    yeah, just wondering if we had any new additions

"Long ashes my friends."

Krieg:
    Ok, so the headcount so far for the 1st South East Ccom Members Herf is:

1. JZ
    2. Krieg
    3. Hayblet
    4. JacketsRule
    5. Rossdavey2?
    6. Doromath

here's the current list...anyone need to be removed or added?

"Long ashes my friends."

3 weeks to go wooo!
    After the weekend I just had, I am SO ready for this.

"Long ashes my friends."

so how will we know who is who? am I to approach everyone there and say "Hey are you Krieg?" lol
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Sorry for the late response, but I am DEFINITELY in! Is Tobacco World in ATL?? and did you all decide on a time?

I live in Fayetteville, NC so if anyone wants to meet me here and carpool the rest of the way let me know!
    ejenne87:
    Sorry for the late response, but I am DEFINITELY in! Is Tobacco World in ATL?? and did you all decide on a time?

I live in Fayetteville, NC so if anyone wants to meet me here and carpool the rest of the way let me know!
    yeah, we are still meeting at TB World, which is in Marietta, right off of I-75. I think everyone is gonna meet up between 2pm-3pm and get some smokes and probably head over to Bailey's which is in Kennesaw, (about 15min away from TB World, and also right off of I-75) for more cigars and dinner, drinks. I believe they sell cigars there, but it's nothing to write home about. The date for the herf is Saturday aug. 28, hope you can make it!

"Long ashes my friends."

Hayblet:
    so how will we know who is who? am I to approach everyone there and say "Hey are you Krieg?" lol
    LOL! I was wondering the same damn thing. I am probably gonna be standing near assholeish bald headed dude (JZ), so that's one way....well...on second thought there is a guy that works at TB world that is also bald and looks like an ***...so that might not be the best way....well, I might just bring my braves hat and wear it, that might be easy enough.

"Long ashes my friends."

Krieg:
    Hayblet:
    LOL! I was wondering the same damn thing. I am probably gonna be standing near assholeish bald headed dude (JZ), so that's one way....well...on second thought there is a guy that works at TB world that is also bald and looks like an ***...so that might not be the best way....well, I might just bring my braves hat and wear it, that might be easy enough.
    there is also a pic of myself on the saw thread...smoking that god awful swisher.

"Long ashes my friends."