Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yummy!!! One of the best! image
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Yummy!!! One of the best! image
    Was wondering when you were going to get around to smoking one of those.. This is the cigar that made me start looking at PDR and it turns out i love some of there stuff
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Undercrown from last night, this thing was fantastic.

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    RyJ reserve maduro
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    This completely made up for the crummy Montecristo I had Sunday.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    My Father Special dated 11/11 mmmmmmm.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xikar HC Habano. Very good so far. Nice sweet tobacco, with a mild spiciness and a little leather. image
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Xikar HC Habano. Very good so far. Nice sweet tobacco, with a mild spiciness and a little leather.
    what are your thoughts vs. the maduro?
    I will have to revisit the maddy... the last one I had wasnt as good as I had before (only had 2). Overall, I have enjoyed all of the HC's. The connie was pretty good, habano is solid, and I really enjoyed the criollo. The maduro is at a lower price point, and honestly you can tell a little, just not quite as flavorful and complex as the others, but certainly not bad.

I'd put the Hc maduro in the same league as 5V A's. Solid maduro, but not a super-wowing cigar like a camacho trip mad.

for the price of the connie, Id prefer a room 101, but would certainly buy and smoke more of the HC's.

they are all worth a try and if you dont have the ash can, the xikar sampler is a great deal.
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    Just got done smoking a Quesada Heisenberg, love this stick.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    san miguel beli. , nice
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    jj20030:
    san miguel beli. , nice

Yep, good smoke, got a few of those left from a box dated 7/2010.

One of my favorites tonight from Justin (JHewey) Viaje Late Harvest

• big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    amz1301:
    jj20030:
    san miguel beli. , nice

Is that the Robusto, what are your thoughts compared to the Toro I've had the toro wasn't that impressed, got two robustos I need to light up soon
    Smoking a San Lotano Oval Robusto tonight finally cooling down after a hot day
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    San Lotano Oval with a Founders breakfast stout....awesome combo I must say!! image
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    big chunks:
    amz1301:
    jj20030:
    san miguel beli. , nice

Is that the Robusto, what are your thoughts compared to the Toro I've had the toro wasn't that impressed, got two robustos I need to light up soon
    LH 648 which is the Toro I believe. For me one of his best sticks I think. Lots of smoke, great construction and draw on the ones I've had. Not sure if it's the 2011 or 2012. If it's a 2012 tastes about the same as the 2011 from what I can remember. Haven't had the LH 550, the robusto. I think I have one of the 2011 LH 550's resting.
    amz1301:
    big chunks:
    amz1301:
    jj20030:
    san miguel beli. , nice

LH 648 which is the Toro I believe. For me one of his best sticks I think. Lots of smoke, great construction and draw on the ones I've had. Not sure if it's the 2011 or 2012. If it's a 2012 tastes about the same as the 2011 from what I can remember. Haven't had the LH 550, the robusto. I think I have one of the 2011 LH 550's resting.
    The toro I had was a 2011, I think I got 2 of each from 2012 I need to revisit maybe with a fresh palate from what I remember it was mild to medium bodied but that was a few months ago, enjoy brother
    Gray4lines:
    I will have to revisit the maddy... the last one I had wasnt as good as I had before (only had 2). Overall, I have enjoyed all of the HC's. The connie was pretty good, habano is solid, and I really enjoyed the criollo. The maduro is at a lower price point, and honestly you can tell a little, just not quite as flavorful and complex as the others, but certainly not bad.

I'd put the Hc maduro in the same league as 5V A's. Solid maduro, but not a super-wowing cigar like a camacho trip mad.

for the price of the connie, Id prefer a room 101, but would certainly buy and smoke more of the HC's.

they are all worth a try and if you dont have the ash can, the xikar sampler is a great deal.
    Guess I better try the rest. I thought the maduro was a solid stick and I'm not a huge maduro fan.
    The Ruky Oscurro
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romeo Y Julietta Habana Reserve. Yummy!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    The Ruky Oscurro
    That looks good, how was it?
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Tuesday Night I started out with a Torano Noventa and followed with a Brickhouse maduro and finished with a JDNDC great night of smokes. image
    This last night courtsey of a Michigan brother Tyland64
    Double post
    Gray4lines:
    ddubridge:
    Gray4lines:

Guess I better try the rest. I thought the maduro was a solid stick and I'm not a huge maduro fan.
    I found it pretty mild for a maduro, which I like. It has everything I like in a cigar though! Really like the sweetness found in costa rican tobacco
    Rhamlin:
    perkinke:
    The Ruky Oscurro
    That looks good, how was it?

The first inch or so was heavy spice (burned through the nose), but after it hit the mid point of of the bulb was sooooo smooth and tasty. It felt like it burned a little quick though, but the strength kinda snuck up on me in the last third. It's gonna be hard to let the other couple I have sit for a while though, a really pleasant smoke.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been burning through an assortment of AJ Overruns this week, all with about 1 year humi time.

It's always a gamble when ordering these; but it seems that a year in the humi has done wonders for all of them.
    And for under $2/stick --- they're a no brainer.

Need to get more of these asap.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    Been burning through an assortment of AJ Overruns this week, all with about 1 year humi time.

It's always a gamble when ordering these; but it seems that a year in the humi has done wonders for all of them.

I actually just smoked a little box-press one that you sent me last summer. It was great!! Can those be any AJblend? Or are there a few common ones that show up?
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    jgibv:

I actually just smoked a little box-press one that you sent me last summer. It was great!! Can those be any AJblend? Or are there a few common ones that show up?
    Yes, from what I understand they can be "any" blend, that's why it's such a gamble when you order...
    But the shapes/sizes will be about the same. Aka you won't get an AJ Overrun that is an "Oval shaped" Diesel ... ya know?

And I'm pretty sure the box-press ones are Nica Libre ....

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    Gray4lines:
    jgibv:

Yes, from what I understand they can be "any" blend, that's why it's such a gamble when you order...
    But the shapes/sizes will be about the same. Aka you won't get an AJ Overrun that is an "Oval shaped" Diesel ... ya know?

And I'm pretty sure the box-press ones are Nica Libre ....
    Really?? I didnt recognize it, and Ive had a few nica's. Of course, never that small or pressed, so could be!