Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    Rail Jockey:
    AVJim:
    Rail Jockey:
    going to Casa De Monticriesto to watch the Hawks kill the Wild tonight.....going straight Liga tonight....has the potential to be a great night. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    We'll see.... I think the Hawk's luck is runing out!
    Want to put a fiver on it?

Glad I didn't see this until this morning!!!! Well..... it's the best out of seven........ eternal optimist.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    From last night...
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    601 Green Oscuro tronco
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    musicman3:
    Those GOF are real tasty with a bit of a kick!! Enjoy
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    musicman3:
    Those GOF are real tasty with a bit of a kick!! Enjoy

+1. the strength snuck up on me at the end.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Regius Robusto. Full review in my Cigar Journal. photo CC2009-2_zps7ea56df6.jpg
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was last weekend with Pops and Grandpa, but dug into one of the boxes of BBF's I ordered (September 2012 dated) and shared with them so we could all smoke some. First CC Grandpa had ever smoked and with him getting up there in years and recently diagnosed with Ahlzeimers I wanted him to join us and have something memorable, didn't let him down and was a magic time for all three of us :) Here's a pic of the three generations...

After that I finished off the evening with a Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Robusto that I snagged from Pops humi (only brought the three BBF's with me lol) and paired it with a Kahlua and Cream. Was pleasantly surprised just how brilliantly those two complimented ands irked with each other. image

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Great pic Brett, how were they fresh?
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Thanks Dustin! They were sublime, rnearly as good as I remember them aged, just a little but stronger and not quite as perfectly in married as they are with 1+ year on them.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    Thanks Dustin! They were sublime, rnearly as good as I remember them aged, just a little but stronger and not quite as perfectly in married as they are with 1+ year on them.
    Those are my fav right now.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    yeah I just grabbed a few more this week off a buddy, oct12. I've been very impressed with these as of late.
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    Truth br told it is my all time No. 1 cigar, been measuring every cigar I've ever had since I smoked this for the first time over a year and a half ago. Great cigar, the mark of what a Fantatsic cigar experience is IMHO.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    danielzreyes:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    yeah I just grabbed a few more this week off a buddy, oct12. I've been very impressed with these as of late.
    Yeah, the other box of these that I bought (dress box not SLB like the other) was dated July 2012. I'm leaving those sealed up and resting whole for a few years and just let em age :)
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Look yummy guys. Wished I had acess to a few of em.
    But I don't think they will ever taste as good as they looked in those picts with his pops !
    Something to be relished and remembered. Lost my pop last year to the same thing.
    Brought up a lot of fine memories!
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    curtpick:
    But I don't think they will ever taste as good as they looked in those picts with his pops !
    Something to be relished and remembered. Lost my pop last year to the same thing.
    Im really sorry for your loss brother,but I'm glad it was able to return a few cherished memories for you as well my friend :)
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    curtpick:
    Im really sorry for your loss brother,but I'm glad it was able to return a few cherished memories for you as well my friend :)
    It's all good bro ! Thanks !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a Gurkha Seduction. It's a good smoke very smooth and to me a mild smoke. Good smoke output, easy draw. Kinda funky burn but not to crazy. No real flavors popping out on me. I like it but not for the 8.50$ I paid for it.image
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    danielzreyes:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    Yeah, the other box of these that I bought (dress box not SLB like the other) was dated July 2012. I'm leaving those sealed up and resting whole for a few years and just let em age :)
    ill buy an aging box soon, they are too good. I have a couple boxes of their coronas as well. Basically, if I can score 5-10 here and there of a cigar I put off the box buy and buy something else. I'm building my aging stash this year and will be done soon. The BBF and PC are some of the best ROTT production period.
  • Options
    I started the day with an 05 Upmann, then moved on to a mar11 Vegas Robaina that was still a bit young, and am finishing up with a 15 month Johny O dark factory toro. This all came after judging a Rib smoking contest today. 13 types of ribs, and the guy that won was a rookie who used an Emeril smoker in only an hour! Two bites per rib, then the tally, then I gorged this....and can still taste the ribs image
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    I started the day with an 05 Upmann, then moved on to a mar11 Vegas Robaina that was still a bit young, and am finishing up with a 15 month Johny O dark factory toro. This all came after judging a Rib smoking contest today. 13 types of ribs, and the guy that won was a rookie who used an Emeril smoker in only an hour! Two bites per rib, then the tally, then I gorged this....and can still taste the ribs image
    yum!
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Smoking a Ramon Bueso the project, part of the original release from last year, age has definitely mellowed the harshness from last year
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    danielzreyes:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    I picked up a box with just about a year on them and they're amazing. Between smoking and bombing I think I only have about 6 left. Need to pick up more and put them down for a while. Brett, you gotta try the upmann I sent. Quite the epiphany man. EDIT: btw- so good to see you on here Brett!
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    So last night was a good time, got to herf with Steve aka Stepas and Rob aka robertgreen at twins in NH ...... Really nice place with a really nice staff and selection. Steve introduced us to one of his smoking buds Jake who was cool. Anyway I started the evening out with San Cristobal Elegancia and finished the night with a Tres Reynes torpedo. Really a good night.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    One of my all time favorites. Seems we have similar taste.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Yep, I love em too!