Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a damn thing! It's been cold and raining (sleeting) all day here. It's supposed to be in the 70's over the weekend, I'll have to make up for my missed smokes then.
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Something good I hope.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    On a recent visit to my local shop, the owner threw in a Gurkha Ancient Warrior El Duke, and said tell me how you like it. Well, I smoked it on the way home today and had to stop and buy five more. He said, I knew you would be back. Yes it was good.
  • Options
    Had a 30th anniversary Don Carlos last night and a Nica Libre today. Have a couple of Joya Nicaragua Antano's that JacketsRule gave me today planned for tomorrow.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Plenty today. LHC, SCCC, IT SF Maduro Toro, 5 Vegas A, IT SF Maduro Belicoso, Tobacos Baez SF,
  • Options
    bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    A Partagas Benju BMP-7A my brother gave to me. Its delicious.
  • Options
    txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    fonseca habana seleccion and a full sail sessions lager (cool lookn bottle) and so far this stick is pretty damn good....check that...really good.
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    bama3715:
    Started the day with a Nub Connie then had a Patel Summer Collection 09. And as Im typing, Im enjoying a Camacho Pre Embargo!!!
    How are the PE's?? Im thinking of picking up a 5er
    They are great. The best of the pre embargo smokes i have had. I have one each of the Liberty series, but have yet to smoke one. I have also had the Pinar 2000 which i was not impressed with.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    La Cuna Bin No. 85 for me. Love these and haven't had one in a while. They're leathery, but other than that taste like nothing else I've ever smoked.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Smoked a NUB Cameroon. Loved it! Great flavors, and I still have a little taste in my mouth that for some reason reminds me of cumin, about 30 minutes after the smoke. Got a good hour and ten minutes out of it too. Also, did the Nub stand thing:

http://twitpic.com/1c3cch

Terrible blurry photo, but you get the idea.
  • Options
    coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    I had a House Blend Corojo label Torpedo. It was pretty good. Was weird, I do not have much experience especially with torpedos but I did not see a cap for where to cut. The wrapper was spiral all the way to the end. So I cut a little anyway. It came unrolled a bit while smoking but not too much of an issue. Was very smooth and burned nice and even though.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    had the pleasure of smoking my first rocky patel's tonight. had a vintage 1990 and I gotta say it was great, rich, smooth, and oily, only downside was a bit of a tight draw and not as much smoke output as I'd like.. but still a very tasty stick! I think it'd go nicely with a dark rum
  • Options
    Smoked a Regalo Toro tonight. mmmmmm good. Its a local house blend, Ive sent a couple of these out, wondering what others think?
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    5V Miami, always very good...
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I too had a 5V Miami tonight. It needed a little more rest, but was good anyway.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Duder2:
    I too had a 5V Miami tonight. It needed a little more rest, but was good anyway.
    Duder2. 4:53am? Are you just getting up or going to bed? Either way, that's crazy!!
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    jacketsrule:
    Macanudo 1968
    What did you think of this one! I had one fresh and it seemed way too strong, just off blance. I have two with about 1.5 years on them and was going to dust one off this summer to see how it was progressing. What say yee?
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    undulac:
    Duder2:
    Duder2. 4:53am? Are you just getting up or going to bed? Either way, that's crazy!!
    Hes in Seattle so only 1:53 out there.
  • Options
    coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    I just got through having a House Blend Cameroon label. I did not like it at all. Had major burn issues as well.
  • Options
    brainfrzbrainfrz Posts: 73
    coachjamie:
    I just got through having a House Blend Cameroon label. I did not like it at all. Had major burn issues as well.
    Strange, I had a Ccom Cameroon robusto and it smoked great, no issues at all. Tasted great too!
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Just finished a 5 Vegas Classic....it was classic!
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Diamondog:
    Just finished a 5 Vegas Classic....it was classic!
    Just finished one myself.
  • Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    Joya de Nicaragua Antano Torpedo for lunch, CT Exodus 1959 on the ride home.
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Romeo Y Julieta Habana Reserve Rothchilde. So So. Very light! Not much flavor. Oh well.
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Even thought it's freezing on my visit to Reno, I got on the balcony of my father-in-laws apartment to smoke my first Gran Habano #1 Connecticut I got from the local Tinder Box, not my favorite cigar by any means, just ok.
  • Options
    La Gloria Cubana
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Tabacos Baez SF X2, 5 Vegas Classic, IT SF Maduro
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Something creamy. Don't know what, yet.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Padilla Obsidian, a great 20 min. smoke. This one had a full year on it and still had amazing burn issues, which is unfortunate because when they have a decent burn they're tasty, but man they are so much friggin' work. I had to give up. How can someone who makes such good cigars make such crappy ones too? Thank God this was my last one, good riddance!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    CAO Black, i had forgotten how much i really like these, mellow with a nice cedary-sweet taste with a touch of leather. Wonder what else is on the bottom of my humi i have forgotten about...