Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    601 red label habano torp right now. One of my top favs. Paid way to much for it at local bnm.

I really needed to break out of the cigar slump Ive been in this week though. Have had a series of plugged and off tasting sticks since mon. Nothing good left in the humi(waiting for an order). So I decided to pick up a couple favorites 601red torp and blue toro.

I almost freaked when I cut the tip off the red and it was plugged as all get out. A little messaging though and its perfect. Still cant believe I paid 22 bucks for 2 sticks.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Just smoked an Alec Bradley Tempus Quadrum. Fantastic stick, though it sort of kicked my ass at the end. Delicious, rich smoke. Great oily mouth feel. Started out with heavy pepper, which settled down about half way. Still crept around in the back of the throat though.
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    I had a Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Silver for lunch yesterday, followed by a Rocky Patel Sungrown on my ride home. I had an El Primer Mundo Rosado Oscuro for lunch today. I enjoyed a Patel Brothers on the ride home, and a NUB Maduro under the stars tonite. A beautiful Georgia night.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Had a Sol CCC Churchill tonight and it was perfect as always. Gave my neighbor a 5 Vegas Gold and he said that he will order a box this week. Finally, I have a smoking buddy.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Just finished that Cohiba Siglo IV had 8 months on it, what a great smoke....I went far too long in between....
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    perdomo lot 23 in the peaceful nite of sugar land texas...
  • bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    Had a Padron 1964 around noon, and currently im smoking a Room 101. Has a nice draw and even burn and puts out a lot of smoke, but not much flavor.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    enjoying a MOW Virtue right now. flavorful and woody. started out like a corojo but smooth like a "medium connecticut" if there is such a thing. halfway thru right now.
  • minibeezyminibeezy Posts: 257
    Enjoyed a RP Signature tonight.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had several today, gotta love herf day. First up was an Arganese Uno Puro, it was an ok smoke, a bit monotonous for my tastes, I like some development, though I will say the cognac flavor developed from being unnoticeable at first to slightly noticeable at the midway point and more pronounced in the final third, all in all not a bad cigar just not really my cup of tea, thanks to TGO for that one though. Next up was a fish burrito followed by a Winston Churchill Blenheim, excellent cigar made all the better by the fact that it was free. A bit later I lit up an Avo 787 toro which started with some of the typical Avo flavors, a kind of musty, grassy taste, but in a good way, it developed into some notes of cedar and leather while maintaining that background mustiness, it also developed from medium bodied to medium full leaving me feeling it towards the end. On the ride home I lit up a Juan Lopez robusto that was gifted me by brotheradam, aka Jeff, a nice cigar that was plagued with burn issues, I'll be looking into that cigar more in the future though, thanks Jeff. Finally I ended my day with a CAO Sopranos big ass torpedo that TGO gifted me, while it offered up some good flavors, it also offered up what I usually don't care for with CAO cigars, I can't put a description to it, but essentially it's that nothing grabs my attention and I end up feeling a bit bored with the experience, that said, I'd smoke one if one was given to me but would not seek it out, thanks Tim I appreciate you giving it to me so I could finally see what all the talk was about.

And with that, I'm spent. Tomorrow might well be a 0-1 cigar day.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    3 stick day for me. Noonish I had a Padilla Habano, good as always. Afternoon was a Gurkha Centurian. That one wasn't as good as my previous experiences with the Centurian due to some high humidity issues I've been suspecting in the humi it was in. It was tight and didn't burn or taste quite right. Last was a Gurkha Titan robusto, it was great as usual. All in all a good day.
  • coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    I had a private label cigar from a local Cigar bar Aroma's here in Jacksonville last night. I do not remember seeing a brand name on it anywhere. The guy running the walk in humidor recommended it. It was the most I have paid for a cigar to this point $9.00. It was a large cigar about a 60 ring that was at least 7" long that lasted about 1 1/2 hours. It had a maduro wrapper and was very very smooth. I was very pleased with it. The guy said they were hand made down in Miami.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    I had a Camacho 1962 compliments of Fourtotheflush. Not sure how long he had it, but it's been in my humidor for three months or so? I really need to keep better track of my sticks. Haven't gotten around to labeling them with dates yet.

Anyway, it was very loose on the draw (maybe due to my low humidity over the winter), but had excellent construction and burn nonetheless. Bit of a monotonous stick for me. I got a creamy, sweet, almost nutty flavor straight from the get-go, and nothing much different ever developed. It was a decent smoke, and one I'd smoke again, but not one I would spend the money on.
  • Saturday's Hat Trick.....start the morning with a Trinidad Original Circa 1997 Robusto & coffee, then early afternoon had Churchill Cuban Legacy, followed up later that night with some Beringer Moscato and a MOW sitting by the fire....oh! what a day..... Today ....grillin steaks with my sons and smokin Edge lites for the boys and Edge for dad.....doesn't get much better than this.....
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I finished up last night with a Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real toro, and enjoyed the heck out of it. Today, I've had a La Aurora Preferido Green, which was also terrific. It'd be close race between it and the Gold, in my book, but I think the Green might win.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Had a LHCOF and Cu-avana Intenso today
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Gurkha Master's Select Gran reserve Conn. I'll be giving away the one I have left.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    urbino:
    Today, I've had a La Aurora Preferido Green, which was also terrific. It'd be close race between it and the Gold, in my book, but I think the Green might win.
    Is that the one with an Ecuador Sumatra wrapper? I think it is, and if so that was the one I really liked. Haven't tried the gold yet, but I may need to pull one out and try it. Have you had the Connecticut? That one, I thought, was excellent.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Gurkha Empire V

I went into this, my first Gurkha stick, expecting it to be horrible, given the large amount of hate Gurkha generally gets. Well, it was decent. Pretty good even. I didn't really find anything I disliked about it... but I didn't really find anything that I loved either. It was a little mild, and the flavors aren't very robust. I didn't have any burn or draw issues, which was nice. Smoke lasted for about 50 minutes, which was perfect. Watched the sunset, and enjoyed a nice mild cigar. We'll see how my future Gurkha encounters go, and see if I end up in the Love camp, or the Hate camp.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    urbino:
    I finished up last night with a Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real toro, and enjoyed the heck out of it. Today, I've had a La Aurora Preferido Green, which was also terrific. It'd be close race between it and the Gold, in my book, but I think the Green might win.
    You know, I've spent a lot of money on cigars and I still haven't tried any of those Preferido tubes. I need to get on that!!!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Last night I had a Puros Indios Torpedo that I got a while back. It had thay familiar sumatra taste but very mild. The flavors were all really goot but not enough of them. May because when I got them they were supposedly aged like 11 years or something like that before they were sold.

Tonight, I am sitting on my deck for the first time (at least at night since I bought this house) and am enjoying a verdadero that I have had for way over a year. Got that raisin taste pre-light and now it is pretty mild. This is the first one that I am actually semi enjoying and I think it is my last one tha I have unfortunately. I'll have to dig and see if I have any more.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Enjoyed a RP Decade with about 9 months on it as I sat on my back deck and listened to the sounds of nature in my neighborhood with a michelob light or three. Lasted about an hour and a half ... I really enjoyed it and it aged very well if you can call 9 months aging.
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    I started the day with a Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic while starting the grill. I fiinished the day with a Gurkha Cuban Legacy. Another beautiful Georgia Spring day.
  • bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    started the day with my usual Baccarat, then had a Man O' War, and right now im smoking an ITC 10th lonsdale.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Busted my ass all day putting in a new bathtub, new cabinet and vanity and plumbing in the new countertop in the bathroom....thinking about a cigar ALL day....now im finally done and its effin rainin....B Effin S....
  • rmayes3rmayes3 Posts: 5
    Verdadero torpedo. Very good organic cigar. Just dropped the first ash at 2 inches. Good even burn and toasty. Not a huge fan of torpedos but this one is growing on me.
  • rmayes3rmayes3 Posts: 5
    I feel your pain. Thought my shipment wouldn't come till tomorrow but low and behold the wife didn't check the mail yesterday. They sat in the mailbox all night. I was pleased to see them anyway. Hope you get your smoke.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stated with a Gurkha Empire111. It was ok, didn"t really evolve very much and was quite mild. Next was a La Aurora 1495. Much better smoke, mildish in body. I've got 1 more, and I'm going to let it rest for a little while.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    just smoked a cigar.com blue label torpedo, this was a pretty good smoke. started out really fast burning but turned into a nice slow burner.. medium bodied with tastes of cedar, earth and a bit of a spice on the finish. good everyday smoke
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Smoked a Cubao tonight around a bonfire. Cigar was good, but not as outstanding as the first one of these I smoked a few months ago.