Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    Smoked a Cubao tonight around a bonfire. Cigar was good, but not as outstanding as the first one of these I smoked a few months ago.
    the different vitolas of this line are very different from each other. was this one a different size?
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    oliva serie g that i've been sitting on for at least 9 mos...i'd say it was somewhere between ok and pretty good.
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Had a fantastic herf of a weekend. My fiance's father visited so we all spent alot of time out on the porch just relaxing, him and I smoking stogies. Had a non-CCOM house blend presidente, H. Upmann rubusto (haven't found the exact band and size to confirm sub-brand but it wasn't a regular Upmann), Padron 1964 Anniversary Habano torpedo he gifted me, and a Gurkha C-10 micro batch.

It was a hell of a time besides the great cigars, too
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    601 blue toro. Simply amazing. Im about half an inch in and already worried about crying when its nubbed lol.
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    kuzi16:
    TatuajeVI:
    Smoked a Cubao tonight around a bonfire. Cigar was good, but not as outstanding as the first one of these I smoked a few months ago.
    the different vitolas of this line are very different from each other. was this one a different size?

Which sizes did you compare. I like them all but found the small robusto to be the most complex, I think its only like 4.75x50 but man that one blew my mind with complexity.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I had a Vintage '99 yesterday afternoon. I went a bit too fast and it got bitter at the end, but it was still a great smoke. Then after Easter dinner I tried out a GoF don carlos from the DD march madness week. Great, great cigar. Might be one of the best smelling sticks I've ever had. I may have to pick a few more up for holidays.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Just found my new everyday smoke, had a Perdomo La Tradicion Cabinet Series robusto with a cup of coffee. This cigar was fantastic, medium-bodied with lots of rich creamy flavors and left a nice oil on my palate. As smooth as I've ever had, I definitely reccomend this cigar and really wanna find out how to get my hands on a box, if anyone knows PM me!
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Yesterday, I had a going away party for my mancave... The realtor said that everything had to come down before we put our house on the market so I thought I would send it off right! Started off with a 5 Vegas Gold and it was very very tasty! Burnt my fingers on it. Then I had a Nub Maduro courtesy of Sandman and it was as delicious as I remember. I picked up a little burnt marshmallow flavor this time in addition to the chocolate and espresso flavors I picked up last time. Good stuff! Yesterday was a sad day for men everywhere!!
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Alex Williams:
    Yesterday, I had a going away party for my mancave... The realtor said that everything had to come down before we put our house on the market so I thought I would send it off right! Started off with a 5 Vegas Gold and it was very very tasty! Burnt my fingers on it. Then I had a Nub Maduro courtesy of Sandman and it was as delicious as I remember. I picked up a little burnt marshmallow flavor this time in addition to the chocolate and espresso flavors I picked up last time. Good stuff! Yesterday was a sad day for men everywhere!!
    Are you buying a new house Alex? Going to have a NEW man cave?
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Alex Williams:

Wow man, sorry hear that. Along the lines of what Laker's saying though, just look forward to Mancave V2.0!

You have the technology, you can build it bigger, manlier...

(duh nuh nuh nuh nuh)
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    doromath:
    Alex Williams:

Wow man, sorry hear that. Along the lines of what Laker's saying though, just look forward to Mancave V2.0!

You have the technology, you can build it bigger, manlier...

(duh nuh nuh nuh nuh)
    And Smokier!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Alex Williams:
    That is very sad....OTOH at least you got to have some good smokes.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    kuzi16:
    TatuajeVI:
    I honestly don't remember which size the first one was. I'm pretty sure they were both the Toro, but I can't be 100% sure.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Just finished up a 5 Vegas A......going to get in to something else tonight haven't decided what yet....
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Camacho pre-embargo. Very nice.
  • shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    Started off with a graycliff 1666 - okay smoke - not sure of the exact size as it was somewhat of an easter present - Didn't really fit my taste - Depending on who wins the NCAA Championship tonight I might light up another
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Camacho 1962. Tasty stick, although they seem to always ooze lots of tar.
  • MESKCMESKC Posts: 213 ✭✭
    Just finished an Oliva G Maduro torpedo. Good smoke but the stick was spongy. It was that way from the day I got it.I do not know if they are all that way or just this one.
    Went with a 5 Vegas Classic tonight
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Rain finally let up enough so i went outside with a Verdadero Organic, great flavor and burn, kind of a tight draw...must have been and oddball stick, normally the draw is really good.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Currently puffing on a Rocky Patel Royal Vintage while listening to the game. Construction is absolutely perfect and flavor is very consistent. The finish is very short with very little if any pepper. I prefer a little spicier stick, but this is still good. As for the game, if Duke wins, I win money (to get a nice box). If Butler wins, it's a feel good story.
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    Joya de Nicaragua for lunch, Padilla Habano on the ride home.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Nica Libre box press. Really good.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    laker1963:
    Alex Williams:
    Are you buying a new house Alex? Going to have a NEW man cave?
    Well the thing that I will be looking for is basically another tree house! I know it sounds kinda dorky but I LOVED my mile high club! It was an oasis and I have found that it is far less likely someone will bother you if they have to climb a ladder! Who knows fellas... Who knows...
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Antano Dark Corojo Double Fuente - very nice stick. Tasted my first carmal flavor ever. Flavor lasted for only a few minutes but it was there.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Tonight I had a RP Royal Vintage robusto. Very tasty, smooth, great construction and burn, lots of smoke, perfect draw. All in all, I'm diggin this stick and glad I have 18 more to work through this summer.
    Just finished up a 5 Vegas Miami, one of my faves....I dabble in private sale realestate and am very close to closing a deal end of day today, if so it will be an Opus X, Don Carlos Aniv., Cohiba Siglo VI or Trinidad Robusto Extra kind of evening!!! lol
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    today i had the forum blend cigar...the sumatra. its just as i remember it. i still think they need some time.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    kuzi16:
    today i had the forum blend cigar...the sumatra. its just as i remember it. i still think they need some time.

Anyone still have forum blends around?
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet to get the evening started. I'm eyeing an Oliva Master Blends for after dinner.