Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a Gurkha Empire Series 3 on my way to work... It was a wonderful experience that will be repeated.
    Also tried to smoke a Tabaco Baez SF corona... said tried because the dang thing was so under filled it wouldn't burn. I honestly think it's a bum stick.

• brainfrzbrainfrz Posts: 73
    Smoked a 5 Vegas Gold a couple hours ago. Not bad, very mellow, a little sweet. I let it rest for a couple weeks.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I smoked a 5 Vegas Cask Strength. I liked it a lot, but I liked the 5 Vegas AAA I smoked the other day more. I think I am learning to like the 5 Vegas brand and starting to see what everyone has been raving about.
  • bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    Man O' War Figurado and its good!
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Man o War Virtue... and it was goooood...
  • 5 Vegas Relic=mmmm taste like pretzels
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Man O' War Ruination. Blast of pepper initially, mellowed out to a rich spiciness, with lots of rich, oily, slightly sweet tobacco. I smoked the Belicoso, and I wish it had been twice as large. I LOVED THIS CIGAR!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    kuzi16:
    today i had the forum blend cigar...the sumatra. its just as i remember it. i still think they need some time.

Anyone still have forum blends around?
    i have 4 maduro and 3 sumatra.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    Well it worked Alex...all that news from Nicaragua got me to smoke another Diesel. Yep, still awesome!
  • HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Tonight I enjoyed a 777 by Jesus Fuego that Alien sent me a while back. This was a rather tasty maduro with quite a bit of spice underlying that wonderful chocolate maduro wrapper. The pepper wasn't very noticeable at first but it slowly picked up and certainly changed the flavor profile of this cigar. It did maintain that sweetness that I love about maduros while picking up other flavors along the way.

Overall it was a decent smoke....but sadly it did get a bit bitter towards the end :- But it certainly is a cigar that I would like to try again. Plus, that dark maduro wrapper just looks sooooo good when it's siting in my humi!
  • Just finished a 262 box press toroish size cigar, while doing some late night paperwork, not gonna put it in the goats ass thread but I did enjoy working on my night off more than I enjoyed the cigar, got a weird unpleasant lingering aftertaste.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Finally someone shares my less-than-pleasant experience with the 262 BP toro.

Started my day off with a CI Legends White Label from Camacho, this was a nice medium bodied cigar, nothing special about it and it certainly wasn't Camacho-esque, but it was ok. A bit later I lit up a Toraño Exodus 50 Years short churchill, so far my experience with this cigar has been excellent and today's just added to that, medium full with dense, chewy flavors and an ample spice through the nose, I really felt this one as I hadn't eaten much. Later was a disappointing experience with a 262 torpedo, see the thread in "Ratings and Reviews" for more detail. Finally to end my day I headed out around midnight with a Davidoff LE 2009, this is a handsome cigar wrapped in a dark sungrown Ecuadorian wrapper, solid construction, nice appearance and perfect draw...as far as the important info, well suffice it to say I was less than impressed, I liked it, don't get me wrong, but I didn't love it and to spend $25 on a cigar I need to love it...the cigar wasn't necessarily lacking in any one area that I can pinpoint, but when put all together it came up short in my book, perhaps I expected too much.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Tonight I had a Perdomo Habano Maduro and it was very tasty, in a chocolaty way. Great draw and burn, lots of smoke, all round an experience I hope to repeat.
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    good ole Pirates Gold...one of the better cheapo yard gards out there.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Had the always reliable DPG Cuban Classic last night. It did not taste as peppery as the one I remember having when I first start smoking cigars.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Had a CAO Gold right after breakfast, pretty good smoke, wish I didn't have to go to work in a hour or I'd smoke a couple more.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a Gurkha Master Select... I've been on a huge Gurkha kick lately.

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I am going to fire up a MOW Ruination tonight, thnx j0z3r!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm... i think i might smoke my 1964 Maduro, it's been aging for quite awhile now.

"Long ashes my friends."

• jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    Oliva Master Blends for lunch, Gurkha Beast on the ride home.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Had an Olivia 3 after work, will probably smoke my G2 after I get done playing World of Warcrack...
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    Had an Olivia 3 after work, will probably smoke my G2 after I get done playing World of Warcrack...
    Hey Hayblet, no sneaking in the back door without saying hello first. Welcome to the forum. Now introduce yourself... World of Warcrack, that is funny. I tried that for about ten minutes and realized it would take up way too much time.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    5 Vegas Limitada 2006, courtesy of a trade with Vulchor about a month or so ago. Just fired it up. Pretty good so far, just a little loose on the draw.
  • bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    La Herencia Cubana
  • coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    Just got through with a 5 Vegas Classic torpedo. Very nice, was my second one that I have had.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a Gurkha Legend perfecto tonight. I've had this cigar once before in the toro vitola and the perfecto blows it out of the water, flavors are more pronounced, it is more complex, and overall it's just better. I'll add this to the short list of Gurks that I like enough to purchase again.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    j0z3r:
    Had a Gurkha Legend perfecto tonight. I've had this cigar once before in the toro vitola and the perfecto blows it out of the water, flavors are more pronounced, it is more complex, and overall it's just better. I'll add this to the short list of Gurks that I like enough to purchase again.
    Glad to hear that about the perfecto's. I love the robusto and haven't tried the perfecto yet, but have 15 or so in the humi just waiting.

Today I started with a RP 10th lonsdale in the morning. It was a little tight on the draw, but a very tasty and enjoyable smoke anyway. Tonight I decided to do a comparison and had a torpedo version of the same stick. It was perfect in construction, burn and draw were spot on. Flavor wise, I'm finding the larger ring guages to have more complexity and balance, but I've only had one of each size so far, so who knows. I really dig this stick in all 3 of the sizes I've had it in so far, but my fav is leaning toward the toro.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Duder2:
    j0z3r:
    Glad to hear that about the perfecto's. I love the robusto and haven't tried the perfecto yet, but have 15 or so in the humi just waiting.

Today I started with a RP 10th lonsdale in the morning. It was a little tight on the draw, but a very tasty and enjoyable smoke anyway. Tonight I decided to do a comparison and had a torpedo version of the same stick. It was perfect in construction, burn and draw were spot on. Flavor wise, I'm finding the larger ring guages to have more complexity and balance, but I've only had one of each size so far, so who knows. I really dig this stick in all 3 of the sizes I've had it in so far, but my fav is leaning toward the toro.
    i agree that the perfecto is better. the natural complexity of the vitola is very clear in this line.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    It is my bday today, so I think I will be smoking my Fuente God of Fire.

"Long ashes my friends."

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I had a ISOM Fonseca Corona yesterday evening. It was good, waiting to dust off another one. Check out the review in the reviews thread - fourtoreview.