Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I decided to try an Avo 787 robusto. Just lit it up.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    unfortunately its uber windy outside, I had a CAO Gold all ready to go and walked outside to my patio... disappointing
    Sorry to hear it, golf. We had that over the weekend. Tonight is just absolutely dead perfect.
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Gran Habano 2002. It was fantastic like I expected
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well over the weekend I had some great smokes! Had a great b-day weekend that included golf, great 21 year old scotch, damn fine bourbon, and some fantastic cigars! Some of the highlights were:
    Cabaiguan Corona Extra
    RyJ ISOM from Jozer
    5 Vegas Limitada 07
    Room 101
    And an ITC 10th robusto.
    All were great smokes and had a wondeful time! I'm glad I got to hit the golf course as well because I just got invited to play with the Chief here at the PD in a tournament Friday. Hopefully my game will be tuned up a little!
    Sounds like a great weekend, Puro.

I have an announcement to make: the Avo 787 is a terrific cigar. Y'all need to try these. You can thank me later.
    urbino:

I have an announcement to make: the Avo 787 is a terrific cigar. Y'all need to try these. You can thank me later.
    Yea, it was a nice weekend! And thanks for the info on the Avo 787! The Avo line is one I've never tried but really need to! I've seen them at the B&M... Just need to snag one.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    urbino:

Yea, it was a nice weekend! And thanks for the info on the Avo 787! The Avo line is one I've never tried but really need to! I've seen them at the B&M... Just need to snag one.
    Haven't tried the 787 myself, but the new Avo LE10 is phenomenal. Hope you enjoyed that RyJ tubo Jason, need to try another now that they've rested for a good while.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    CAO La Traviata toro (radiante 6x52). One of the best I've had in a while. I'll post a review after I wrap it up.
    j0z3r:
    PuroFreak:
    urbino:

Haven't tried the 787 myself, but the new Avo LE10 is phenomenal. Hope you enjoyed that RyJ tubo Jason, need to try another now that they've rested for a good while.
    Thanks for that one Joe! Great smoke and complimented the scotch very well! My buddy that I was golfing with had a Cohiba ISOM and the RyJ blew it away!
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I burned a Don Carlos GoF tonight since I got two more recently and figured I needed to celebrate my new apartment. I wish these cigars didn't taste so good, because it just means I'm going to need to buy more of them.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    It was windy as hell today, finally was able to go outside around 10:30 for my only smoke of the day...and a good one it was, an Avo LE10. I've been quite taken with the LE10 since trying my first one last Friday. Great cigar and much stronger than it lets on with its ultra smooth smoke, really the only hint at the strength is the pepper through the nose.
  • smith001smith001 Posts: 8
    Hi,

This is Sandy here from Canada. As I have seen your comments & I must say that you had shared a lot of good information regarding the topic.

Thanks
    Sandy

funny t-shirts

• Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Had another Oliveros LTD tonight. Man, this stick is a sleeper. It doesn't let on that it might be strong and then I sit down and wammo! Great smoke IMO...
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Another Gran Habano #1 with the cup o joe.... I think this might be my new morning smoke.

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had two last night. Started with the new Man O' War Virtue. It was mild but tasty with a flavor I don't think I have had before. But it was definately good. Got one more of them. The draw was good and the burn was good too. The only time I had to relight was when I put it down to eat. My second one was a La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte. This was my first one and I have to say that it was darn tasty. I have one that I have been aging from the cotm club so I can't wait to try it. The draw was great. The burn although not requiring any touch-ups was not that even. Still a good smoke.
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    illinoisgolf99:
    unfortunately its uber windy outside, I had a CAO Gold all ready to go and walked outside to my patio... disappointing

Man I hate the wind. Just moved to New Mexico, wow do I miss Tampa. Been cold and windy for months now. Thank God for the man shed. Also refered to as the bear cave by my neice.

Having a Padron 3000 amongst 30mph gusts right now.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I am going to fire up a 5 Vegas Limitada 2008 shortly
    I'm currently sitting on campus waiting for my 2 o'clock class to start.. that lasts til 3:15 then it's back to the apartment for a relaxing smoke.. now its just a matter of what stick it'll be... hmmm. Suggestions welcome

gaberox:
    illinoisgolf99:
    Man I hate the wind. Just moved to New Mexico, wow do I miss Tampa. Been cold and windy for months now. Thank God for the man shed. Also refered to as the bear cave by my neice. Having a Padron 3000 amongst 30mph gusts right now.

that sucks man, wind does suck.. it's pretty gusty here in S. Illinois today but hopefully it'll die down by the time I get home.. By the way congrats on 100 posts! they sure add up quick!

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a Padilla Signature 1932 Lancero, This was a great stick that I have never had before today. I was just going to " burn one up", little did I know what I was holding. Looks are deceiving on this bumpy, veiny rough looking stick. I must have gotten this one in a trade, because I don't remember buying it. And strangely I still have one more. It will hold on to this one for as long as I can... It was really good. I believe it is one of the best cigar I have smoked in a long time.
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    I had a CAO MX2 o the ride home.
  • bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    Gran Habano Vintage 2002. Little bit of a tight draw, but still good.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Had a Tat Cojonu 2006. Wasn't too impressed. Part of the wrapper tore off when I was removing the band.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Indian Tabac Maduro Fuerte and a NUB Maduro. Both fantastic. I was a little drunk, and think I smoked the NUB a little too quickly, as it got hot with a full half of the stick left.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Yesterday had a Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles, I think Phil and I share a deep love for this stick and last night's just reminded me why I want to keep atleast a box of these around.

Then later last night had another favorite that had been resting for sometime, an Illusione CG4. This one was pretty spectacular IMO. It carried the nuances I expect to find with the regular Illusione line but had somewhat of a floral note to it too. I was expecting a good experience with it, but got a great one, I was pleased.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the CG4 grew on me. i like the F9 personally. I never seem to get what it is everyone loves about these cigars. they are good. ill smoke one and be happy. i just have a difficult time pushing them into the "great" category.

i have been super busy over the last few days. i did manage to get a cain maduro in.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had a Graycliff Double Expresso last night. This cigar produced a lot of smoke. The burn was just ok but the draw was good. What was weird about this cigar is that it felt so soft and mushy. But it smoked ok. It seems like this cigar is just not well filled.
    Had a Graycliff 1666 yesterday afternoon and a Fonseca 5-50 last night.. the Graycliff had a wonky burn the whole way but had nice flavors and the Fonseca swelled and cracked for about 2 inches after 10 minutes.. not a great construction day for cigars
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i am going to head out side to my front porch for the first time this year. its sunny and 75. i have a good book, a cocacola classic, and a punch gran puro sierra.