Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    AQUADGIO1200AQUADGIO1200 Posts: 406
    Polished off a Perdomo Habano Maduro...good stick.
  • Options
    surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    so Im having a CAO mx2...not the best but good....but I want to have another tonight...give me a suggestion....a random suggestion
    Get down with a Gurkha, I know you love em :) Now I need a suggestion lol.
  • Options
    Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    My birthday today.....started with the Fuente Rosado, Tatuaje RC 183, and finishing it off with a Monti cristos Petite Edmundo and a bottle of Blue label.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    lol I had a tbd-1! lol..thats funy lol..get a Fuente...or CAO....mix itup
  • Options
    Dont think I have a Fuente, but I have a CAO Black that may need to go the way of Joan of Arc...
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Stryker808:
    My birthday today.....started with the Fuente Rosado, Tatuaje RC 183, and finishing it off with a Monti cristos Petite Edmundo and a bottle of Blue label.
    Happy birthday brother, and sounds like a damn fine day!
  • Options
    Just finished the CAO Black, and I burned the crap out of my fingers trying to get every last bit out of it. Very good smoke.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Stryker808:
    Happy Bday. Which Rosado was the Fuente? I tried the Gran Rosado a few weeks ago and it was really, really good. The RC 183 is a beast, how long did it take for you to smoke it?
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Stryker808:
    Happy Belated, brother. Sounds like the perfect B-Day line up, to me. Blue Label? I'd like to party with YOU some day!!!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Let's see. Last night I had a JDN Antano in the Consul size. It was ok. About halfway through I was starting to get bored with it and so poured myself some Milagro Tequila. It helped a bit. The pairing made it more interesting, but I'm not really getting what's so great about this cigar. So far in addition to the Consul I've had 3 in the Belicoso size. The first one was a trade that was too wet and wouldn't burn, the second one was plugged, and the third was just a bit mild and boring. I'm not sure if this cigar is just over-hyped, or I'm just having bad luck. I've got a few more of the Belicosos that I'm going to try throughout the summer. Hopefully they turn out better.

Today I had an older RP 1990 toro I had laying around. I was looking for a stick to smoke while doing homework and needed something that smelled nice, but wasn't so good it would distract me. Also had to pair well with coffee. The 1990 worked well for that except I had to keep re-lighting it. If I was concentrating on the cigar it wouldn't have been an issue though. I wish this blend hadn't changed. That's kind of what's turned me off of Rocky's stuff.

Tonight I need a stick that's going to wow me. Not sure what it's going to be.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Just smoked an Oliva G Maduro belicoso. Love this stick. Burned fast for the first half inch, but it slowed down a lot after that. Got a lot of dark, slightly bitter gourmet chocolate flavors along with some black coffee and just a slight hint of cream. If I can't get a box of padrons, I'm getting this!
  • Options
    coronaex30coronaex30 Posts: 35
    Joeyjoe how did you like that tpb-1 lonsdale micro batch? I've had some resting a few months now, they seem to be getting better than the first "fresh" OTT! I have to smoke one tonight after the kids are sleeping
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting out light with an RP Signature. Later it will be something stronger to pair with the scotch on the rocks that is calling me.
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    had a la aorora cameroon cetro not a bad stick for two bucks. Tonight its a montecristo white
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Smokin a couple Davidoff Mini Cigarillos...... Good for a flavor fix.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoking a RP Connecticut
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Today I had a MOW R and just finished up a Bolivar Belicosos Finos
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    Just had the purple band house blend. not really my kinda stick but ok. think a patel bros maduro is gonna cap the night off
  • Options
    docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    Old reliable for me, Rocky CT
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Padilla Miami. One of the all time favorites!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a few today. Started with a La Flor de Cano in the only handmade vitola the Selecto which is an almost dalia but not quite, nice cigar for being more of a budget ISOM. Later was a La Riqueza petit robusto, that may be my favorite size for that cigar. Finished off the night with a San Cristobal La Muralla that I traded DiamonDog for, fantastic cigar that went very nice with a mojito...that one clocked in at just under 2.5 hours and was great all the way down.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Started the day off with a DPG Cuban Classic...
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Padilla Miami. One of the all time favorites!
    Yes! Me too!

I just toasted up my first Onyx, so far very nice.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Wednesday night I had a big VSG (I think it was a wizard). It was a bad cigar when I got it. The wrapper had some major cracks and aldo was missing in some spots. This cigar got promptly replaced but I kept it around to see if it would smoke. And it did! It wasn't the best VSG I have smoked but it wasn't bad. I have only had a few sizes including the Robusto and Enchantment. This one did have some burn issues even when the wrapper was ok. After that, I went to a Java Toro. The added flavors were good but the tobacco itself seemed to be harsh. I stopped smoking with like 2 inches left. Burn and draw were good.

At the moment, I can't remember what my first cigar was. It was something maduro but what, I do not know. My second cigar for Thursday was a GH 3 Siglos. I have had this thing aging at least 6 months and it was good. Good draw, burn and flavors. I think I got a box of these resting still.

Last night I smoked a CAO Gold that I got from someone at work. For a mild cigar it is just ok. The burn and draw were good. Actually the burn was the best I have had in a long time!!!! I forget what my second cigar was. My third was a Partagas Aristocrat that I got way over a year ago. This one sucked!!!!! The burn was great, the draw sucked and the flavors sucked!!!! I got rid of it with two inches left.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    San Cristobal "El Morro" from 2001.

• Options
    coronaex30coronaex30 Posts: 35
    I'm thinking about smoking a 5Vegas gold later maybe a Classic. I do have a another Perdomo Champagne i think churchill? Yeah thats it! Thats what i'm smoking later! Everyone enjoy you're saturday. Cheers
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    padilla 1932 robusto... amazing stick.
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Smoked a macanudo hyde park after lunch I like to visit the old staples every once in a while. Tonight its a pidilla miami
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just started on a Diesel.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Pacman84:
    Just started on a Diesel.
    Had my second one last night and it was just as good as the first. I have about 6 resting in the humi that should be ready soon. I also did a box split with my dad and they should come next week. Andy hooked him up with a good deal. As for me, I just finished a 5 Vegas Miami. Not sure what will be in store for tonight?