Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Last night I had a Casa Magna Grand Toro Colorado for the first time. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Tonight I think I'll have Rocky Patel Nording Torpedo. I've had a few of these before and they are a good smoke and the price is ok too. Although, I may have to have something else as well as it is a 4 x 54.
  • I smoked an Origen Original while at the B&M this afternoon.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diesel UC right now while drinking some beers and BBQ.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Camacho PE, mmmmmm
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Trinidad Reyes (CC)
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    DPG Vegas Cubanas Torp... it was pretty good.

• ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Had a Cabaiguan Maduro today, my first, and I must have had a bum stick. It wasn't AT ALL like the Cabaiguans I've had in the past. This one was just gross! After I set that down I grabbed the always amazing JdN Antano Dark Corojo and it was, well, amazing!
    ejenne87:
    Had a Cabaiguan Maduro today, my first, and I must have had a bum stick. It wasn't AT ALL like the Cabaiguans I've had in the past. This one was just gross! After I set that down I grabbed the always amazing JdN Antano Dark Corojo and it was, well, amazing!
    The Maduro is the Guapos blend, not exactly the same blend as the regular Cabaiguan line. Not a huge fan of the Guapos either, though the Ecuador SG wrapped Guapos is better than the Maduro IMO. The original Cabaiguan blend, with the Connecticut shade wrapper is the best.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Enjoying a Morro Castle right now.
  • Just finished a CAO CX2 Cuban Press. Pure pleasure. Great burn, lotsa rich smoke.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Just finished up an Illusione 888 maduro. Great smoke at my local B&M with a couple good friends! Great way to start off Super Bowl weekend!
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    tonight I smoked a Morro Castle, and a Oro Rojo Royal Jamaica (been in humi since 2006)
  • docbp87:
    ejenne87:
    The Maduro is the Guapos blend, not exactly the same blend as the regular Cabaiguan line. Not a huge fan of the Guapos either, though the Ecuador SG wrapped Guapos is better than the Maduro IMO. The original Cabaiguan blend, with the Connecticut shade wrapper is the best.
    Oh thank goodness you cleared that up, because I have heard nothing but GOOD things about the Cabaiguan by Tutuaje and it's on my "must smoke!" list.

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Last night was a Cain F Nub and a Casa Magna Colorado Petite Corona.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    IT was a gooooood day

AF Don Carlos
    262 Paradigm
    AF Don Carlos - Addition Anniversario

Yup it was that kind of day.

• ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    docbp87:
    ejenne87:
    Thanks for the heads up brother. I was really surprised at how different they were, and was certain I had a bum smoke. I always give a cigar at least two chances, so I will revisit again. But if it goes anything like it did this time I wont touch them again. The Cabaiguan with the conny wrapper is WAY up on my list of favorite smokes though, I just wish they were a little less steep on the price.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,171 ✭✭
    Had a Diesel Unlimited this morning...
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Nub Habano. I'm throwing in the towel. Nice flavor but the size just isn't to my liking. If anyone is interested in a few of these I'm putting up a thread in the trade section.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pinar del rio oscuro while studying
  • I just lit up an Alec Bradley Tempus. I really enjoy this cigar.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just had an oliva connecticut reserve...wasnt bad but wasnt great either..not sure if I will be a fan of this one.
  • My first armada from the cotmc. just started it, so don't really know what I think yet. 1st thoughts its a good looking stick apart from the label, like the size, and it has a nice roasted almonds taste though the nose. Just don't know if $20 is to much yet.
    Just finished up a 5 Vegas Triple A...
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Fourtotheflush:
    IT was a gooooood day

AF Don Carlos
    262 Paradigm
    AF Don Carlos - Addition Anniversario

Yup it was that kind of day.

That is definately a good day indeed!
    Diamondog:
    Had a Diesel Unlimited this morning...
    I've said this before but you really are my hero! And the more you keep mentioning the Unlimited the harder I am finding it to not purchase more even though I have no room for any more and I'm saving for something else! DAmn you!! DAMN YOU!!!! ;-)
    Last night I had a My Father Le Bijou and it was ok. It kept going out so that kinda pissed me off but near the last 2 - 3 inches I was getting some amonia so I put it down. Next I went for a Ruination which probably had about a hear on it. That SoB is still strong!
    rwheelwright:
    Last night I had a My Father Le Bijou and it was ok. It kept going out so that kinda pissed me off but near the last 2 - 3 inches I was getting some amonia so I put it down. Next I went for a Ruination which probably had about a hear on it. That SoB is still strong!
    Damn good stick, wish I would have stocked up on more at the Bedlam pricing, she's out of stock now...
    Nat Sherman VIP Carnegie
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Yesterday I had a Brickhouse corona and a LHC classic robusto
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Finally had a Cain F Nub last night...... well worth the wait.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..