Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    RP 1990...relaxing night for me :)
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,171 ✭✭
    Just finished up a Padilla Mi A Mi...
  • Going with a Gurkha Centurian, with some Captian Morgan.
  • just lit up a Man O' War Virtue. This is my second attempt to smoke one, as the first attempt a couple of weeks ago had that chemical, ammonia taste that many bad connecticut's get. We'll see how it goes...

• ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    just finished up a Gurkha Beast and a 5 Vegas Miami
    Had a diesel unlimited on the drive in this morning...
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    My last Padilla '68. 2 years on it and it was smoooooth! It lost a lot of its dampness and was a drier tasting smoke but it was delicious all the same. I think this is about max for aging these, any more and I'd fear the flavors would begin to wash away.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    a Flying Pig and a FF Opus X el Escorpion...(God help me...)
    Hawk55:
    a Flying Pig and a FF Opus X el Escorpion...(God help me...)
    The Scorpion is a really nice stick, enjoy!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I had an ISOM Cohiba last night with almost two years of age on it. It was ok. Burn was great and the draw was great but I wasn't really impressed with the flavor. I've neber been impressed with Cohiba Dominican or otherwise. But this one was much better than the Cohibas I used to smoke 10+ years ago. After that I had a Padron 1926 Maduro Torpedo. Another stick that I am not impressed with. The burn and draw was good with this stick too but I am not into the flavors. I haven't even been into the flavor but I figured I would buy a few, age them a few years or more and see how they go. I have a few more left so I'll wait another year to see how the next one turns out.
  • LP #9
  • Had the trinidad from the COTMC last night. I enjoyed it.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Smoking a Nica Libre at the moment. For some reason, the flavors are inconsistent. First two good ones were very earthy and chocolatey. This one is earthy, spicy, and woody with a hint of coffee.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Last night (brothers birthday) was a Casa Fuente corona gorda, El Truinfador lancero, finished with a FFOX bbmf 2005. This morning is a Fonseca ISOM with coffee.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Tried for a Pepin Cuban Classic. Burn problems from the start and tar build-up almost immediately. First time in quite a while I've had tar issues. Maybe because it's about a million below outside???
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    i'm going to finally do it.  after hearing so much about it.  it is time for a Man cigar.  MoW Virtue.  conn wrappers has failed me thus far but i have high hopes for this one.  
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    i'm going to finally do it.  after hearing so much about it.  it is time for a Man cigar.  MoW Virtue.  conn wrappers has failed me thus far but i have high hopes for this one.  
    Make sure you've let it rest for 2 weeks to a month first. The Man O' War Virtue can be quite young and grassy right off the truck.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I'm supposed to get in some Particulares Toros today. Might try one off the truck. I dunno. Haven't decided yet.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    cool.  thanks for the suggestion.  mine's been in the humidor for about 1 month.  i'm looking at it right now in my humi (it wants me)
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    jliu:
    cool.  thanks for the suggestion.  mine's been in the humidor for about 1 month.  i'm looking at it right now in my humi (it wants me)
    LOL. Jiunn, whats up man? dude I know the feeling. I had a San Lotano Maduro Gordo that stared my a$$ down everytime I went in there. Only lasted about week. haha. Let us know what you think of the Virtue man. I still haven't tried that one. Suneet and I we're the same, about Connie wrapped stuff and we've each found a few that we like recently. Still not my favorite wrapper, but there are really good connies out there for every palate.
  • shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    wwhwang:
    Smoking a Nica Libre at the moment. For some reason, the flavors are inconsistent. First two good ones were very earthy and chocolatey. This one is earthy, spicy, and woody with a hint of coffee.

I agree 100% with you - I've smoked about 5-6 nica libres and I feel that I get a different flavor each time. However, I still really like them, especially for the price
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a San Miguel on the ride home... what a great stick.
    I wish I could have had it with a nice Port but it's whatev.

• shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    Going outside right now to light up a house labal brazilian corona ... yum!
    Just finished up a Partagas Serie P No. 2...great stick...
  • Just burned a acid deep dish...pretty good
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    My Particulares didn't show up, so I think I'm going to go out and have a Limitada 09 after the wife and kid go to bed.
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    finished a graycliff platinum limitada 2010. goes damn good with a glass of Louis XIII
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    today i smoked a Grillete.

turned out well for me.
  • absolutjerabsolutjer Posts: 120
    Just lit a Gurkha regent
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Padilla Miami churchill to start. Diesel Unlimited d.x later. Padilla Signature 1932 churchill to end. Good day.