Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    t_evan50:
    Enjoying the warmer weather with a New Castle and an Anejo.!
    Nice combo. I just finished an Anejo No. 46 and a Sweetwater Georgia Brown Ale. The Anejo had 14 months of age and was just a fantastic and elegant smoke.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Just finished up an Upmann No. 2, great stick...
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    T-52 Pig.
  • Options
    Man O' War Special Edition, Figurado, Habano.
    Received in a sampler and sitting in the humi for 5 months. A strong cigar with complex flavors, particularly pepper. Great burn with good ash.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Smoked a Diesel UHC last night. Prefer the unlimited. it wasn't bad. The burn and draw were well pretty much damn perfect but I like the flavor of the Unlimited better. It wasn't bad by no means just not my preferred taste.
  • Options
    Joel_H.Joel_H. Posts: 101
    burnt up a sol cubano cuban cabinet today while workin on some stuff in the shop, a nice smoke i must say nice burn throughout. Glad i have 24 more to test!
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoking a San Lotano habano
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Tonight I started with a Tatuaje Red Tubo which was wonderful, then followed it up with a Guillermo Leon. Fantastic cigars!
  • Options
    Oliva Serie G Maduro torp. incredibly elegant. Probably going to buy a box ASAP.

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    drpepperdude:
    Oliva Serie G Maduro torp. incredibly elegant. Probably going to buy a box ASAP.

Try the O Maduro if you have not. I think it is a fantastic smoke! 100x better than the G, and I really enjoyed the G. The Serie O maduro is one of my favorite "every day" smokes, it's the one cigar I pull out when I need a solid performer with no real issues.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Saturday night, I was over at JZ's and we got a bon fire going while he smoked a brisket in his Weber Smoky Mountain, I fired up a Casa Magna Colorado Robusto that he gave me back in july '09, very tasty smoke, then I had a Diesel UC. Sunday, my palette was still trying to recover so I smoked a RP Vintage 99 and had some coffee with it.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a Diesel Unlimited this morning...
  • Options
    Had a aroma de C churchill with about a year on it. Was pretty amazing. Think I need to get a box of these and set them aside for next summer.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    had my first LHC Barber Pole from the daily deal a few weeks back. Really enjoyed it. Great burn, just the right amount of spice and complemented my JW Black extremely well.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a Gurkha Sherpa Cafe this morning on the ride in.
    My palate has really changed cause I'm loving these things.

• Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Had a Gran Habano GH2 yesterday while chipping ice off the driveway for a couple hours. I bought these when the Vintage 2002 was out of stock on this site for the purpose of a cheap smoke that I wouldn't mind pitching too early if it got too cold. Well, I've nubbed em all.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    undulac:
    Had a Gran Habano GH2 yesterday while chipping ice off the driveway for a couple hours. I bought these when the Vintage 2002 was out of stock on this site for the purpose of a cheap smoke that I wouldn't mind pitching too early if it got too cold. Well, I've nubbed em all.
    Is the GH2 just the #3 seconds? If so I'll have to pick up a few.

• Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    stephen_hannibal:
    undulac:
    Is the GH2 just the #3 seconds? If so I'll have to pick up a few.

PM to you SH.
  • Options
    Had a CAO 615, guess they only sell them in Nashville at Uptown Smokes. Loved it.
  • Options
    I forgot to mention last night that the Tatuaje Red Tubo I smoked was part of my Super Bowl prize package from Gmill last year when my Saints beat his Colts. So have to give a BIG thanks to Gene for that one! One of my favorite smokes for sure!
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    drpepperdude:

Try the O Maduro if you have not. I think it is a fantastic smoke! 100x better than the G, and I really enjoyed the G. The Serie O maduro is one of my favorite "every day" smokes, it's the one cigar I pull out when I need a solid performer with no real issues.

I'll try it, but everything I've heard and read suggests that the G is the end all be all of Oliva. Hmm. Hmm.

• Options
    drpepperdude:
    ejenne87:
    drpepperdude:

I'll try it, but everything I've heard and read suggests that the G is the end all be all of Oliva. Hmm. Hmm.

The G is their budget stick, and a great one. I think it is the worst one of the bunch (even though I really like it). I'd definitely suggest giving the rest of their smokes a try, you might be pleasantly surprised
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    drpepperdude:
    ejenne87:
    drpepperdude:

The G is their budget stick, and a great one. I think it is the worst one of the bunch (even though I really like it). I'd definitely suggest giving the rest of their smokes a try, you might be pleasantly surprised
    Yea, I'd have to agree that the G is the low end of the spectrum for Oliva. The O Maduro is much better, and then of course the V especial and maduro are both amazing smokes.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Just finished a LHC Dos Capas, jury is still out for a verdict, need to revisit in a month or so.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    ejenne87:
    drpepperdude:
    ejenne87:
    drpepperdude:

Yea, I'd have to agree that the G is the low end of the spectrum for Oliva. The O Maduro is much better, and then of course the V especial and maduro are both amazing smokes.
    Don't forget about the Connecticut Reserve. Probably my #2 favorite conny, behind the Cabaiguan. The Camacho Conecticut might sneak in just above it, but I'll have to test that one out again :-)
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    PuroFreak:
    ejenne87:
    drpepperdude:
    ejenne87:
    drpepperdude:

Don't forget about the Connecticut Reserve. Probably my #2 favorite conny, behind the Cabaiguan. The Camacho Conecticut might sneak in just above it, but I'll have to test that one out again :-)
    I've actually never had the Oliva Connie. I'm not a huge fan of most Connecticut wrapper cigars, but the two you mentioned are very good. The Cabaiguan is my top connie for sure!
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    A. Fernandez on my way home...from my new job contract!!! Wahoo!!!
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Tat drac.....not at good as the Boris....seems really mild too
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Montecristo white
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Nick2021:
    Tat drac.....not at good as the Boris....seems really mild too
    The Boris is fantastic, I was only able to get 2 of each Boris and Drac back in Oct. '09 and have on each in the humidor. Wasn't impressed with the Drac, it wasn't mild, but the flavor and burn characteristics were sorely lacking. If only I could have gotten a box or two of the Boris...