Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Nick2021:
    Tat drac.....not at good as the Boris....seems really mild too
    The Boris is fantastic, I was only able to get 2 of each Boris and Drac back in Oct. '09 and have on each in the humidor. Wasn't impressed with the Drac, it wasn't mild, but the flavor and burn characteristics were sorely lacking. If only I could have gotten a box or two of the Boris...
    I still have a Boris and a Drac resting! I hope the time in the aging humi will do the Drac well, and I'll have to give the Boris another 6+ months at least just because I know I won't get ahold of another one.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Just had a Nub Cameroon box pressed at work, good but strong (to me), felt it in the gut. Sitting in my office high as a kite trying not to puke.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a 5 Vegas Triple A this morning...
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    MoW Armada Corona
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    kuzi16:
    MoW Armada Corona
    Keep bragging, why don't ya! :-) How do I get on Alex's good side? ;-)
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Cuba Libre One Robusto. I like this one. Nice and spicy.
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Nick2021:
    The Boris is fantastic, I was only able to get 2 of each Boris and Drac back in Oct. '09 and have on each in the humidor. Wasn't impressed with the Drac, it wasn't mild, but the flavor and burn characteristics were sorely lacking. If only I could have gotten a box or two of the Boris...
    my wife said the same thing you did...flavor and burn were bad...surprised she even tried it. Wish I had looked for more Boris...have a Frank I want to try but those are even harder to come by lol Gotta save it for a special moment.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    j0z3r:
    Nick2021:
    I still have a Boris and a Drac resting! I hope the time in the aging humi will do the Drac well, and I'll have to give the Boris another 6+ months at least just because I know I won't get ahold of another one.
    Think you will like the boris a lot...dunno about the Drac...have only seen one person admit he liked them more than the Boris. Then again, everybody has different tastes...think that is the one tat I didn't like out of all the blends I've tried
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Just had my first Puros Indios Maduro. Very solid stick. Not a perfect build or burn. Nor did it have a ton of flavor but still an excellent value smoke.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a Pinar del Rio oscuro
  • Options
    Just finished up a GOF Carlito 2006...
  • Options
    Had to nub the Pinar del Rio due to major burn issues and went with a diesel unlimited torp
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Had to test out a Diesel Unlimited D7...damn good! Was hanging out at a buddies house, chilling in the backyard just enjoying the nice 65 degree weather.
  • Options
    Diamondog:
    Have you tried the GOF don Carlos? If so, how does it compare to carlito? Haven't tried the don Carlos but love the carlito
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Nick2021:
    Diamondog:
    Have you tried the GOF don Carlos? If so, how does it compare to carlito? Haven't tried the don Carlos but love the carlito
    I'm not the biggest Fuente fan around here by a long stretch, but the GoF is one I actually like. That said, I prefer the Don Carlos to the Carlito...the Carlito had everything I don't care for in a lot of Fuente cigars while the Don Carlos was just a very smooth and tasty blend.

Smoked a Diesel Unlimited d.7 today, enjoyed it for 2+ hours right down to the nub. Damn tasty.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Nick2021:
    Diamondog:
    I'm not the biggest Fuente fan around here by a long stretch, but the GoF is one I actually like. That said, I prefer the Don Carlos to the Carlito...the Carlito had everything I don't care for in a lot of Fuente cigars while the Don Carlos was just a very smooth and tasty blend.

Smoked a Diesel Unlimited d.7 today, enjoyed it for 2+ hours right down to the nub. Damn tasty.
    Will have to give it a try...going to pick one up this week in light of this comment :)
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Smoked a Ccom Forum Blend Sumatra tonight! The time in the humi has done wonders for these, but I still think the Maduro is better. Haven't had one of the Maduros in a while so I might have to smoke of them pretty soon!
  • Options
    mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    I had a Black Pearl Rojo last night complimented by a frosty beverage and some spicy salsa.
  • Options
    Had an AB Tempus this morning...
  • Options
    Nick2021:
    Diamondog:
    I haven't had one yet, would love to try one of these days...
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I wanted to join the ranks of the hardcore smokers today so I had a 5 Vegas AAA this morning on the way back from driving my parents to the Airport. And I lit up in their SUV too!!!!!!!
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    I wanted to join the ranks of the hardcore smokers today so I had a 5 Vegas AAA this morning on the way back from driving my parents to the Airport. And I lit up in their SUV too!!!!!!!
    I love keeping the windows up and hot boxing the vehicle and hell for fun sometimes I'll light a Diesel Unlimited for my other hand...
  • Options
    mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    I had a 5 Vegas Cask Strength tonight and I have to say I've not been real impressed with the 5 Vegas' I've had so far but this one might make into the stable.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    5 Vegas Classic torpedo, with a Blue Point IPA.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Had a CAO Anny. Maduro. Draw is entirely to tight but the flavor is nice and complex. Pretty smooth too.
  • Options
    Just had my 3rd MoW Virtue...these things get better every time i revisit them...The flavors were so good, I didnt even want to drink my beer while smoking
  • Options
    I'm smoking a LPH Morado Robusto right now and it's not going well; wrapper came off below the cap after punching, and there's a split in the wrapper at the halfway point that I haven't reached yet.

Smoke is pretty good though, sits in the low end of medium and pretty toasty.

On a related note, I just acquired a new DSLR camera and have been taking macro shots and will post pics once the stick is done.

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Yesterday... Gurkha Regent on the ride home.
    Today... 5 Vegas Classic Torp on the ride in... 5 Vegas Miami on the ride home.

• Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    There was a break in the rain just long enough to enjoy a Hemingway between the lines, and a few sips of Blue Label
  • Options
    Diesel unlimited...love this cigar