Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Had an H.upman res. Maduro churchiill tonight. Very suprised at the quality of this smoke. Smooth, tons of flavor and a really long finish. Earned a regular spot in the rotation for sure.
  • Options
    I'm 10 minutes into a Diesel Unlimited and a Bud American Ale. Very nice combo so far.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Thinking about lighting up a La Aroma de Cuba EE in just a bit. Sounds like a nice afternoon treat.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Having my first ever CAO Italia the torp size. Pretty good. Im amazed to have a CAO with a perfect draw. Most every CAO Ive had it way too tight. especially the Brazilia. This cigar is also pairing nicely with this bomber of Stone Sublimely Self righteous.
  • Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    Since I have basically worked a 36 hour shift, I am having a Cuba Libre One Churchill which came in the mail yesterday, but so far has worked out to an hour and a half smoke with about four inches to go. Its definitely not a bad cigar. The other 14 are going to rest for a bit.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature. Nice stick. Very smooth and flavorful.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had an Oliva V this morning, getting so good as the months go by...
  • Options
    Alec Bradley Prensado after 2 months of age. roasty spice (reminds me of crushed pepper I put on a pizza), and some sweetness then nutty chocolate.

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Padilla Dominus ... love the pepper/spicey flavor of these .
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Padilla Dominus ... love the pepper/spicey flavor of these .
    I've got one of these resting in the humi. Can't wait to light it up but wanna give it plenty of time.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Lit up a Hemingway WOAM earlier this afternoon. Recent release. Was very good, but they will be better in a year or two for sure.
  • Options
    I'm just now getting around to that La Aroma EE, but I'm loving every minute of it. Haven't had one in a while so I forgot how good it is. Paired with a glass of Ardbeg 10 Year. Great night relaxing at the lake!
  • Options
    Just finished up a Camacho Corojo Ltd...
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    hemingway sig. folowed by a ashton vsg
  • Options
    Had my first 5 Vegas Gold...solid stick for a connecticuit.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had an RP Edge Lite, what a shity cigar... started off ok then went to a metallic bitterness, then turned flavorless.

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    Had an RP Edge Lite, what a shity cigar... started off ok then went to a metallic bitterness, then turned flavorless.

I tried one of these a long time ago. Didn't have much flavor at all, then turned bitter before the halfway point. Worst RP smoke I've ever had.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    stephen_hannibal:

I tried one of these a long time ago. Didn't have much flavor at all, then turned bitter before the halfway point. Worst RP smoke I've ever had.
    Thank you, that proves it's not just me I was in the first third and the thing tasted like a bag of copper.
    I am most certainly done with RP cigars.

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    PuroFreak:
    stephen_hannibal:

Thank you, that proves it's not just me I was in the first third and the thing tasted like a bag of copper.

+1 only one I liked was the sun grown and not even that much.
  • Options
    Had a Padilla Miami this morning...
  • Options
    rossdavey2:
    stephen_hannibal:
    PuroFreak:
    stephen_hannibal:

I like many RP cigars, but the Edge Lite is not on my list. The Edge Maduro is a great smoke and I'm a huge fan of the Old World in both wrappers. The original Decade was fantastic and I still love the Reiniscance.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    rossdavey2:
    stephen_hannibal:
    PuroFreak:
    stephen_hannibal:

I like many RP cigars, but the Edge Lite is not on my list. The Edge Maduro is a great smoke and I'm a huge fan of the Old World in both wrappers. The original Decade was fantastic and I still love the Reiniscance.
    They shouldn't have called it the Edge lite since it doesn't have much in common with the Edge. It makes more sense to me if I think of it as an RP Connecticut Fuerte. I've enjoyed them, but only after some rest/age. Like a year or two. They settle down a bit after that and a lot of the imbalance goes away, and it's a nutty, fuller connie, but even then it's not great. Certainly not good enough to waste precious humidor space on, but then I don't keep any RP cigars in my humidors anymore.
  • Options
    Just finished up a Diesel Unlimited...
  • Options
    Russ55:
    PuroFreak:
    rossdavey2:
    stephen_hannibal:
    PuroFreak:
    stephen_hannibal:

They shouldn't have called it the Edge lite since it doesn't have much in common with the Edge. It makes more sense to me if I think of it as an RP Connecticut Fuerte. I've enjoyed them, but only after some rest/age. Like a year or two. They settle down a bit after that and a lot of the imbalance goes away, and it's a nutty, fuller connie, but even then it's not great. Certainly not good enough to waste precious humidor space on, but then I don't keep any RP cigars in my humidors anymore.
    Smart man... RP is a waste of humi space. And funny thing I've had that one since 09 and it was still goats ass prolapse nasty.

• Options
    Had an old favorite the Gurkha Grand Envoy Toro... man these thing have become amazing with age.

• Options
    Particulares Toro.
  • Options
    LHC Dos Capas. Really liked this one. Maybe my favorite of the LHCs.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    San Lotano maduro
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Hupmann 1844 - Sun Grown
  • Options
    Gran Habano Gh2 on the ride in... not a bad budget smoke, paired well with my coffee.