Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I haven't smoked since Monday. I am sick again but that really isn't the reason. We are not doing our weekly JRs run this week so no real opportunity to smoke. I almost lit up in the body shop last night. I was doing a PC install, data backup etc... and wanted to so bad but didn't.
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    ISOM Fonseca (used my new wolf V cutter, I think I'm gonna love that blade!)
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    GOF Carlito Double Robusto from 2006. I wanted to like it, but I wasn't impressed. It didn't have the feel of quality that cigars in this price range should have. For my money, I liked the Hemingway Signature much more for a lighter Cameroon.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Russ55:
    GOF Carlito Double Robusto from 2006. I wanted to like it, but I wasn't impressed. It didn't have the feel of quality that cigars in this price range should have. For my money, I liked the Hemingway Signature much more for a lighter Cameroon.
    +1.... on a side note I have a few GoF 2006 Carlito Pyramids that I would trade away if anyone wants em.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a Gurkha Centurian with almost 2 years on it.... OMG!
    There is a reason this is my favorite cigar.

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    So far today I've had a 5 Vegas Triple A and a Diesel UHC...
  • Options
    absolutjerabsolutjer Posts: 120
    padron 1964
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    CAO LaTraviata
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Had a Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Silver. First one I've had - nice stick for sure but doesn't really compare to the 1959 Gold IMO.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Smoking my first DPG Cuban Classic. So far, so good.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Had a deisel unlimited toro today. Was pretty ok. My favorite part was the middle flavor from the San Andreas tobacco. A very nice sweetness. Other than that I didnt love it. Nice spice and richness at times but not all the way through. Wouldnt go out of my way for more but enjoyed it.

If only it was warm at night already. Im ready to lite up somthing but too cold out. Wish I still lived in Florida.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a Diesel Unlimited this morning...
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    yesterday was a Verdadero Organic first and a bit later was an Oliva O maduro
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Tierra 5el Sol. Not sure where this came from. Flavor is not too bad, very mild/bland though. I planned to give it away last night and didn't so I am smoking it now.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Man O War Puro Authentico. I didn't pick it apart for a review or anything, but it's a nice cigar. Spicy with a little sweetness. Some coffee in there too. Lot's of smoke, and a sharp burn. Was a little sharp through the nose, but I smoked it literally right off the truck. I don't even like coronas, but I really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Just received my full tap sampler. Going straight for the Diesel.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    San Lotano habano
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Tatuaje Petite Reserva. I have a cold, but this think is still tasty!
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Warlock. I liked it but a little less than my first one. It was pretty boring towards the end.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just finished up another Particulares...i am really feeling these sticks..had some black label with it..kept me warm out there!
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    bigharpoon:
    Warlock. I liked it but a little less than my first one. It was pretty boring towards the end.
    Just a General/Altadis attempt to latch onto the same thing that resulted in the Rocky Patel VUDU... Tatuaje/Illusione imagery and what not. Doesn't change the fact that they are crappy General and Rocky cigars with fancy bands.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a MoW Puro Authentico tis afternoon, damn good cigar, love the size and the construction was top notch allowing me to nub it down to about 1/2 inch without it getting overly hot in the last bit. Finished up with a Cohiba XV 645, not a fan of Dominican Cohibas in general, but I really like this one, good flavor and enough punch to keep it interesting.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Punch Uppercut. So far I'm impressed. Ometepe has some good soil for tobacco.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had another MoW Puro this afternoon with some of Stone Brewery's Old Guardian barley wine, great cigar and a very nice brew to go with it. Later was a Nica Libre Potencia double robusto, I suppose it lives up to its name, more potent than the Nica Libre but still an average smoke, didn't hate it, didn't love it...it would be good as an inexpensive cigar, I just don't see much value in it.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Had a kristoff on the way to my cousins. Got to my cousins and had an opusx fuente fuente.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Smoked my first MOW Puro Authentico, I think I have a new favorite blend.
    I usually smoke 54 ring and up so 42 was tiny, but damn this took me an hour and a half to nub.
    Fantastic, Alex thanks for talking AJ into putting these into production for us to try; these are excellent.
  • Options
    I had a random night. I had two firsts; smoked an LHC Original, and am now finishing up a Diesel Unlimited. The latter while watching Inception. Cool movie! LHC was uninspired, the D.U. has a dry sweetness to it that I think I would enjoy in lesser bodied fare.

• Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had my first Padron 1964 today and enjoyed it very much.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Despite the terribly long work day... I got three in.

First up was a San Miguel with my coffee on the ride in.
    Then while the DJ was playing some terribleness coworkers and I stepped out and had a micro herf. I burned a 262 Paradigm Robusto... very unique smoke.
    And for the ride home I burned a Nicarao robusto.

• Options
    I just tried my first Gurkha (Symphony) this evening. Since I am still developing my sense of flavor I couldn’t single out all the individual flavors, but had a great time trying. Overall it had a very rich and smooth taste with hints of cedar to it. I have a few more in my humidor and I think I will save them for the special occasions when I'm not in the mood for a kick to the teeth, lol. When I want to relax and not have to worry if its going to be too powerful.