Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Just had a LGC R...
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I'm trying to get through a lot of these sticks I have that I haven't tried and keep staring at me every time I open up the cooler. Today was Perdomo Patriarch Corona Extra Maduro and a Monecristo White Toro both from the CotM. Nothing special.
  • Options
    Smoking a Davidoff Millennium Blend. This is a great cigar.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Gran Habano Vintage 2002 from the DD a few weeks ago; some time in my humi at 65% RH definitely did a world of good.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Smoked a few inches of a DPG Black, but it was a mess, wrapper exploded, draw was a wind tunnel. Chucked it.

Had to smoke something good to make up for it, so I grabbed a Don Carlos Edicion de Anniversario, courtesy of BandyT09's contest from when he moved. Great smoke.
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Today was Oliva Serie V Torpedo....I had high hopes and it was fantastic as expected.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    First two cigar day in quite some time . First was a San Miguel torpedo . Not sure what I think of this stick, it was ok but seemed to lack a little something . Second as I was grilling some steaks and enjoying some Gentleman Jack was a Partagas Serie D No.4 ISOM. As always a wonderful wonderful cigar loaded with flavor . A nice sunny day here in the mid 60's. Can't wait for summer and more grillin and cigars !!!
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Had my first GoF Carlito tonight. Pretty good but not my cup o tea.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had my first San Lotano maduro really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Made the most of some spring-like weather this weekend and got to enjoy a CAO maduro, 5 Vegas Miami and a Diesel UC.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Had a Gurkha Assasin tonight, that one of the great members on here sent me. It was OK had some flavors I don't expect from a Gurkha. It exploded out of the gate with tons of flavor and pepper then continually mellowed into a rather boring smoking.

I've had a lot of good sticks lately but two pop out in my head and I thought I'd share that BOTH of them were AVO's ... the Campanero LE09 and the AVO Heritage both blew me away. Powerful peppery and complex what else can I ask for?
  • Options
    SgtRickSgtRick Posts: 75
    AF Hemingway WOAM. The remainder of the box will rest for a while before I have another one.
  • Options
    smoked a CAO Gold Maduro Robusto tonight. Didn't seem to have much depth, but there was a constant semi-sweet flavor. I'll smoke one again soon after I've given the connecticut a try.

• Options
    Last night I had a Cohiba Siglo VI with 5 years on it...
  • Options
    We had real nice weather this weekend. So Saturday was a Tat red tubo and one of my last two T52's.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    rossdavey2:
    We had real nice weather this weekend. So Saturday was a Tat red tubo and one of my last two T52's.
    It was GREAT weekend, 70 degrees, bright and sunny...washed/polished/waxed my cars...when done I enjoyed a RP Valedor.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Just finished up a Tat Black....first one that didn't have wrapper issues out of the ones I got...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Diamondog:
    Just finished up a Tat Black....first one that didn't have wrapper issues out of the ones I got...
    I've had about 6 of them, and I think only one burned fine with no touch-ups. I'm to the point where I've just resigned myself to the fact that few are going to burn perfect, and I guess I don't mind since it is a tasty cigar.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Diamondog:
    I've had about 6 of them, and I think only one burned fine with no touch-ups. I'm to the point where I've just resigned myself to the fact that few are going to burn perfect, and I guess I don't mind since it is a tasty cigar.
    Oohh I don't mind touching them up but the issues I had were outright wrapper crack issues...NOW, that being said, they were smoked in cold weather and fresh....they've had a few months now and the one I just had was in the heat, was a great smoke...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Diamondog:
    j0z3r:
    Diamondog:
    Oohh I don't mind touching them up but the issues I had were outright wrapper crack issues...NOW, that being said, they were smoked in cold weather and fresh....they've had a few months now and the one I just had was in the heat, was a great smoke...
    Touch-ups have been the least of it for me, I never mind those much. The worst of it that has happened on 3 cigars so far has been the wrapper refusing to burn and needing a complete relight every 1.5 inches or so...that makes a cigar hard to enjoy regardless of how tasty it is. Enjoying the DR?
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Diamondog:
    j0z3r:
    Diamondog:
    Touch-ups have been the least of it for me, I never mind those much. The worst of it that has happened on 3 cigars so far has been the wrapper refusing to burn and needing a complete relight every 1.5 inches or so...that makes a cigar hard to enjoy regardless of how tasty it is. Enjoying the DR?
    Yes weather has been phenominal this trip...cigars too!
  • Options
    I just lit up a LHC Oscuro Fuerte. I'm looking forward to this cigar as everyone seems to enjoy it.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoking another diesel unlimited
  • Options
    currently smoking a Don Tomas Cameroon Perfecto #1.

I've heard cameroon wrappers are love'em or hate'em cigars.. but so far I'm just "meh" about it. :p

• Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    had a Gurkha Evil xo toro. was in my humi for about six months. burn was good. draw was good. lasted an hour an a half.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    drpepperdude:
    currently smoking a Don Tomas Cameroon Perfecto #1.

I've heard cameroon wrappers are love'em or hate'em cigars.. but so far I'm just "meh" about it. :p

I think you need a good, strong, complex blend behind a cameroon or it will just taste the same as all the other weak blended cameroons. The good ones are amazing.
  • Options
    Tonight I had a stick I picked up in West Bloomfield Michigan at the local B&M. It was a stick supposedley "specifically" rolled for Churchills Cigar Bar. After a little research, I found out that the stick is rolled in the Camacho factory, and is called El Legend Ario (6x60). Stick was great, can't wait to get back up to Michigan to pick up a few more... Anyone else ever had one?
  • Options
    TGOTGO Posts: 340 ✭✭
    Been a good night... started with a well aged cuavana intenso churchill... then an old school Blue Steel toro... and now a TTT Trinidad madoro with a lot of time on it... no complaints here :)
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I had an Intenso churchill tonight and it was a great smoke as always. I've found the churchill to be much better than the toro. These haven't let me down yet!
  • Options
    Last night I had an Oliva V and an Anejo Shark...