Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Smoking an E.P. Carillo Short Run Populares. Fantastic cigar, I love this blend.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Just smoked a Cohiba Red Dot and a Perdomo Habano Maduro (thanks Brett)
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Oliva Serie V Belicoso. Great size, but it was plagued by burn and tar issues. I've been having a fair amount of tar problems lately, and it's really got me worried...
  • Options
    I've been smoking the 5 Vegas Gold nuggets a lot a work lately. Nice size for smoking on a break at work and really nice smokes.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had an Oliva V this morning...
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Diamondog:
    Had an Oliva V this morning...
    What happened to the Diesel Unlimited? I'm shocked! ;-)

Had my first My Father from the 6 X 52 sampler. It was ok. Waiting to try the Le Bijou. After that I have a 5 Vegas 2008. It was ok. There weren't any holes or cracks but the draw wasn't providing a lot of smoke. It was gettin pretty bitter near the last 2 inches. Had to constantly purge. Also, the burn was ehh. The filler was burning better than the wrapper which doesn't make sense to me since I have had this sitting in my smoking humidor for about 3 months or maybe even more which the rH has been around 66 - 67.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Rocky Patel Conn. on the drive up.

Hike Mt. Washington, ski down.

Diesel Unholy Cocktail on the drive home. Good day!
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    Rocky Patel Conn. on the drive up.

Hike Mt. Washington, ski down.

Diesel Unholy Cocktail on the drive home. Good day!
    ..... jealous.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Just polished off a LCH, glass of wine and a nice relaxing soak in the hot tub.To bad my week is just starting.
  • Options
    Started my day with a Partagas Serie D #4 with almost 18 months, very nice. Later was a Partagas Black robusto. Finishing up my day with a La Flor Dominicana something...can't remember, it's one of the box pressed variety that comes in a 120 ct box with 12 cigars to each mold. Anyway, awesome cigar...I don't know how Litto Gomez does it, but for me he's one of the top three blenders out there.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ok.... gotta catch up:

Alec Bradly Tempus, Casa Magna, EloGio, Avo Domaine, La Gloria Mateo, Oliva V, Berger & Argenti, LP T52, Art Deco, NHC, OpusX

the wife had: Avo Maduro, Camacho Connecticut, Padron 1964, Grillete, and JdN Cabinetta.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    ok.... gotta catch up:

Alec Bradly Tempus, Casa Magna, EloGio, Avo Domaine, La Gloria Mateo, Oliva V, Berger & Argenti, LP T52, Art Deco, NHC, OpusX

the wife had: Avo Maduro, Camacho Connecticut, Padron 1964, Grillete, and JdN Cabinetta.
    How'd you like that Berger& Argeti? I really enjoyed what I've had from them. Met Argenti at an event and he's an awesome guy. Might skew my opinion a bit lol
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    kuzi16:
    ok.... gotta catch up:

Kuz, does your wife normally smoke, or was the trip the special exception to the rule?

Smoked an AVO Domaine Purito (tiny little guy) while driving down into the city tonight. Fantastic, barnyardy, pungent little stick.
  • Options
    xIcedGuardianx:
    kuzi16:
    ok.... gotta catch up:

How'd you like that Berger& Argeti? I really enjoyed what I've had from them. Met Argenti at an event and he's an awesome guy. Might skew my opinion a bit lol
    it wasnt a bad cigar. i still have a few. i also had one that had that ligero core. i didnt like it as much as the milder blend.
  • Options
    docbp87:
    kuzi16:
    ok.... gotta catch up:

Kuz, does your wife normally smoke, or was the trip the special exception to the rule?

Smoked an AVO Domaine Purito (tiny little guy) while driving down into the city tonight. Fantastic, barnyardy, pungent little stick.
    this was a bit of an exception. she is not against cigars, but she isnt excited about them.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I had the R&J Reserva Real Toro that came with the cotm a few months ago. It was ok. Good cigar if you like mild connecticuts, but nothing special.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diesel unlimited
  • Options
    The ColonelThe Colonel Posts: 206
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet Robusto... Hmmmm Sell my clothes I died and went to Heaven....
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    The Colonel:
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet Robusto... Hmmmm Sell my clothes I died and went to Heaven....
    I had the same experience with the Ave Maria Crusader damn what a good smoke
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Last night I was over at JZ's and we had a bon fire going and hanging out smoking some cigars...he had a MoW Armada and I started the evening with a Alec Bradley Family Blend. My first one and I liked it alot. I finished my cigar well before he finished his armada, and so said to go and pick out another cigar from his humidor...this man has a row of Opus X and Mac Vintages there in clear view through his glasstop...very impressive...anyways...I couldn't bring myself to grab one of those (of course) so I picked a RP Fusion Double Maduro. Also my first, for those who know me well...I'm sure that fact might amaze them....lol...but it was a good smoke too. All in all, it was a great evening.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I'm a half inch into a cain maduro, and I'm already bored with it.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Had a Gran Habano Vintage 2002
  • Options
    crzydimnd68crzydimnd68 Posts: 139 ✭✭
    Fuente Anejo and New Belgium 1554.Yum.
  • Options
    Smoking a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet culebra...well, 1/3 of one anyhow. I'm loathe to use the word "cubanesque" to describe a cigar, but this one really has a classic taste to it that I can only describe as such. The culebra really stands apart from the other sizes in the line save for the #1 and #4.
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    RP Sungrown...lovin it as usual:)
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Landed in DR last night, enjoyed a La Aurora 100 anos, today I had a AF WOAR maddy and just finished up an Opus...
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Had my first San Miguel, thought it was good and had my first MOW Armada I thought it was great.
    I have to admit though, I expected a bit more from the Armada.
    These sticks have been in the humi since the first week of November 2010.
  • Options
    I went camping with some friends this weekend. While there, I enjoyed a 601 Red and a LFD Chisel.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Having a la triviata. Very nice so far.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Padron 4000 or 7000 (can't remember). For the price, it's a pretty good stick; a few weeks in the humi definitely did them some good