Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    San Cristobal at the moment, very good as usual.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Had my first Gurkha Park Ave maduro. Pretty good, started out with some nice coacoa/coffee sweetness with maybe a hint of cinnamon, mellowed out afterwards to a toatsy tobacco flavor with the typical sweet maduro finish. Perhaps a little boring after the first third, but still a nice stick for the dough$$.
  • The ColonelThe Colonel Posts: 206
    This sucks... I have a really nice Bolivar all ready to go.. but I can't shake the cold.. can't taste anything and think I am going to cough up a lung... so whatever you light up I will be envious...
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,171 ✭✭
    Today I've had a Diesel UHC and Bolivar Belicoso Finos so far...
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Man, I'm feeling good today. Got the word that we are off tomorrow. Had a Padilla 68 and my first San Lotano Habano.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I went mild again today, this time it was a Rocky Patel Connecticut. Great mild bodied cigar. I want to try them again with coffee as I believe they would go together nicely.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Just lit up a Cusano 59 Rare Cameroon. It tastes very similar to an unbanded cigar gifted to me by my uncle at the beach because every puff I take, I see waves crashing. It's amazing how tastes/smells and memories work hand in hand.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    AF Double Chateau Natural
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    DPG Cuban Classic
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    5 Vegas Limitada 09.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Had a Montecristo Classic tonight. Have to say - while trying this in two other vitolas and not liking it - I have to say I enjoyed it. Had the privilege of meeting some great new friends at the lounge, and they've invited me along on an interesting new (cigar-related) venture. We'll see what the future holds!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • 2nd night Mexico - 5 Vegas Classic 6x60 3rd night Mexico - Gurka Empire Series V 4th night Mexico - RP Decade
    Just finished up a 5 Vegas Triple A...
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    601 Green Label while enjoying a gorgeous afternoon staring at the Rocky Mountains.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nikostewart:
    DPG Cuban Classic
    Niko, did this have any age on it? I think these are really good at the 1 year mark.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Gurkha Regent box-pressed Torpedo - never, Never, NEVER gonna order these POS's again. I got 10 of them - whether it's ROTT or after 2 weeks in my humi, these damn things REFUSE to stay lit. I literally have to take a draw every 30 seconds or more often, or else they go out. And even when if I draw every 30 seconds or less, the smoke output is extremely thin - there's literally more smoke pouring off the lit foot than what I draw in. After smoking 4 of these over the course of 2 weeks, I'm sick of trying - never gonna get these damn things ever again
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Not a fan of Gurkha in general, but the stuff they license their name onto for web only releases tends to be even worse... Regent is actually a real Gurkha cigar though.

Smoking a Padron 1926 No. 9 Natural to break in my new balcony.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    bandyt09:
    nikostewart:
    DPG Cuban Classic
    Niko, did this have any age on it? I think these are really good at the 1 year mark.
    Just a few weeks rest in my humi....I was really enjoying the first third (nice pepper and sweet finish) then the second third has a little bitter...the last third brought back some of that sweetness that I enjoyed but overall it was still a nice cigar.
    nikostewart:
    bandyt09:
    nikostewart:
    DPG Cuban Classic
    Just a few weeks rest in my humi....I was really enjoying the first third (nice pepper and sweet finish) then the second third has a little bitter...the last third brought back some of that sweetness that I enjoyed but overall it was still a nice cigar.
    If you make it down next week, remind me to give you an aged one, or you can pick it out of my humi yourself, so you can see the aging potential these have. I think most of the ones that I have are at a minimum of 18 months.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Padron 64 maduro imperial. Good Flavor. Perfect construction. A nice complex aroma, But I don't know if it's 14 dollars good. I should try the natural.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Diesel Unlimited
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Carlos Torano Signature Robusto. I found this one in a ziplock bag in my truck with a water pillow. It must have spent the winter there. Stuck in Traffic and nothing else to burn, I gave it a try. It burned hot and quickly, But I still enjoyed it very much even under poor conditions.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ccom Brazilian label.
  • smoked an Oliva conn reserve, than lit up my very first Gurkha Regent, so far it's good. I think I'll try one of my Padilla Signature 1932's I've been resting since Christmas after dinner tonight.

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    bandyt09:
    nikostewart:
    bandyt09:
    nikostewart:
    DPG Cuban Classic
    If you make it down next week, remind me to give you an aged one, or you can pick it out of my humi yourself, so you can see the aging potential these have. I think most of the ones that I have are at a minimum of 18 months.
    That is hands down my number one go to cigar. It has great flavor and is one of the most reliable cigars on the market. It's one I try to always keep stocked in the humidor!
  • BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    Camacho Corojo 8/22
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Just had a 262 Paradigm, courtesy of a bomb from bandyt09.

Is it a good cigar? Yeah, not to shabby; I enjoyed it
    Is it worth the price? No way.

It's a good cigar, but no way worth the asking price of $8; there are much better cigars out there for the price. I wouldn't turn another down, but I'm not gonna seek them out either - worth trying once, but not worth the price to try more

• HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    5Vegas Miami
    PuroFreak:
    bandyt09:
    nikostewart:
    bandyt09:
    nikostewart:
    DPG Cuban Classic
    That is hands down my number one go to cigar. It has great flavor and is one of the most reliable cigars on the market. It's one I try to always keep stocked in the humidor!
    I don't TRY to keep these stocked in the humi, I DO KEEP THEM STOCKED and aged, LOL..........
    Just finished up a RP Decade anny...