Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Smoking a Opus X - the lost city. Not very impressed. I have a box of 10 with 72% Bodeva humi pack over two months. I am just annoyed with the harshness. My personal opinion is not worth of the price. Now I am going to smoke a Ashton ESG 23 salut. I know I will enjoy this. It's hard to be disappointed with Ashton VSG, ESG or Cabinet.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    bandyt09:
    PuroFreak:
    bandyt09:
    nikostewart:
    bandyt09:
    nikostewart:
    DPG Cuban Classic
    Niko, did this have any age on it? I think these are really good at the 1 year mark.
    Just a few weeks rest in my humi....I was really enjoying the first third (nice pepper and sweet finish) then the second third has a little bitter...the last third brought back some of that sweetness that I enjoyed but overall it was still a nice cigar.
    If you make it down next week, remind me to give you an aged one, or you can pick it out of my humi yourself, so you can see the aging potential these have. I think most of the ones that I have are at a minimum of 18 months.
    That is hands down my number one go to cigar. It has great flavor and is one of the most reliable cigars on the market. It's one I try to always keep stocked in the humidor!
    I don't TRY to keep these stocked in the humi, I DO KEEP THEM STOCKED and aged, LOL..........
    Smart man! LoL Great smokes without a doubt!
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Cain Datona
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    Smoking a Opus X - the lost city. Not very impressed. I have a box of 10 with 72% Bodeva humi pack over two months. I am just annoyed with the harshness. My personal opinion is not worth of the price. Now I am going to smoke a Ashton ESG 23 salut. I know I will enjoy this. It's hard to be disappointed with Ashton VSG, ESG or Cabinet.
    I usually age mine at least 9 months. If you want, I will age them for you Stick out tongue [:P]
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    beatnic:
    Cain Datona
    Ditto... Half the strength and just as bland as the other CAIN lines.

• Options
    Thanks Dude. How do you wait so long? BTW, drop the Ashton ESG plan and smoking a Cuban Cuaba soloman. Ahhh taste of heaven...
  • Options
    Got a sample with my monthly membership. Cain Datona is definitely medium to full bodied. The amazing part is the smoothness. I smoke it yesterday and considering ordering it couple more. I need 2-3 more smokes. This definitely a good smoke. Try Oliva Master Blend III. If you like Cain Datona, you will also like this blend. I have a box and smoke at least once a week.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I smoked a AF Don Carlito 2006 God of Fire for my bday last night. Great stick

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    Got a sample with my monthly membership. Cain Datona is definitely medium to full bodied. The amazing part is the smoothness. I smoke it yesterday and considering ordering it couple more. I need 2-3 more smokes. This definitely a good smoke. Try Oliva Master Blend III. If you like Cain Datona, you will also like this blend. I have a box and smoke at least once a week.
    I love the Oliva MB IIIs

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    dennisking:
    rzaman:
    I usually age mine at least 9 months. If you want, I will age them for you Stick out tongue [:P]
    Shouldn't need to age the Lost City sticks. They are from a crop grown in 2004... They are good to go now IMO.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    It's been awhile since I've been able to relax and smoke a fine cigar, but the other day was perfect weather so I sat outside and enjoyed a Don Pepin Garcia Series JJ Belicoso with 18 months or so on it. It was smooth, oh so smooth, and had a nice snap to it that my pallete thoroughly enjoyed. I'm hoping for some more beautiful weather so I can enjoy another tonight!
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    that sounds like a great way to celebrate! Happy belated bud!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Had a Tatuaje Reserva J21 along with a double Johnny Walker Black and Coke at the B&M earlier, that's the life.
  • Options
    CAO Italia
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Having a nub habano while sitting on the deck listening to the cubs pre game. Not that impressed. Guess I'll break out the Gurkha Ninja after dinner.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Had a Tatuaje Reserva J21 along with a double Johnny Walker Black and Coke at the B&M earlier, that's the life.
    Nice! Sounds much better than working! LoL
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    +1, which is exactly what I'm doing on a day with blue skies and 70* temps :S
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Hays:
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    Most definitely was. I'm probably going to follow it up with a La Aurora 107 later this evening.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Felt it was time, got some good news today. Had a Camacho PE. I will get a box of these, I dont know when. But I will.....
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Hays:
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    Most definitely was. I'm probably going to follow it up with a La Aurora 107 later this evening.
    Damn that's another good smoke man! You're doing it right today!
  • Options
    RCY Cigars:
    Felt it was time, got some good news today. Had a Camacho PE. I will get a box of these, I dont know when. But I will.....
    Glad you got some good news Rick! And the PE is a great smoke. I had one on my birthday weekend and loved it!
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Hays:
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    you gotta let me know how you like the 107. I know you've been trying to light one of those up for awhile now. I enjoyed the one I had.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Spent the day working in the yard from 10-6 and smoked a Felipe Gregorio Tres Capas, Gurkha European Selection Maduro, Augusto Reyes Maduro and a Oliva Serie "G"
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    This afternoon I had a AB Harvest 97 robusto.

Right now, I just lit up a Padilla Miami that must have quite a few years on it because it has the black and red label on it. I'm not sure when they switched the design of the label, but I know it been quite a few years. It delicious by the way.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Camacho corojo, damn those are good. I think I've had enough of them now to safely add them to my favorites list.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Just lit an 07/08 PDR habano Sungrown lancero. Killer smoke. And cheap as dirt from the Beard!
  • Options
    MarmicoMarmico Posts: 93
    Just had an outstanding Partagas Black. Usually I'm skeptical of them because of their construction issues, but this was perfect! And, it was the 5x54 and held on to the ash for exactly half of the cigar. Half! That's 2 1/2 inches!!! Great cigar for a great night!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Marmico:
    Just had an outstanding Partagas Black. Usually I'm skeptical of them because of their construction issues, but this was perfect! And, it was the 5x54 and held on to the ash for exactly half of the cigar. Half! That's 2 1/2 inches!!! Great cigar for a great night!
    to me the Black is the only regular line partagas worth smoking. i personally have never had construction issues with them. sucks to hear that you have.
  • Options
    xIcedGuardianx:
    alienmisprint:
    Hays:
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    you gotta let me know how you like the 107. I know you've been trying to light one of those up for awhile now. I enjoyed the one I had.
    I did end up burning a La Aurora 107 last night, the robusto. I loved it, my favorite La Aurora now. I really wish they had these in a lonsdale, but the lancero will probably be really good too, lol.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Just finished up a JDN Antano...