Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Actually it was last night under Snipers suggestion I tried a Gurkha Park Ave. Conn and I have to say he was dead on about it. Smooth with a touch of cinnamon along with a creaminess on the lips. So far he has hit 2 home runs with his suggestions. BTW it paired up nice with a cup of black coffee
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Illusione Epernay Le ferme. I could smoke these things all day.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    Agreed, great cigar. I don't expect my half of that box to last very long.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    First Cigar of the year (Calender and Fiscal)... Rocky Patel Vintage '92... Let's see how this goes!
    And this season's cigar smoking is underway and delicious!
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    Yeah, me neither. I'm already contemplating another box.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Had a Davidoff Maduro.
  • BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    LFD Airbender Chisel, yummy!!!
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:

Hey you guys slow down on those or I will corner the market...Jk glad to see both of you enjoy them as much as I do.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a Patel Brothers Next Generation. I think I like the Original better because of the Penn. Broadleaf Maduro wrapper. The Next was a bigger kick, and a bit more pepper/spice.
    BlueRings:
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:

Hey you guys slow down on those or I will corner the market...Jk glad to see both of you enjoy them as much as I do.

I do have one question and it was based on my opinion of countries outside of Cuba delivering a better product that the real thing. Do you feel this cigar equals or betters the Cuban counterparts. The Epernay Le Ferme was that cigar for me and Im Cuban so it is hard to admit

• Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first ccom red label...so far so good.
  • jfacianejfaciane Posts: 242
    Smoked a Carlos Torano Reserva Selecta Robusto while grilling some ribs. Good time. Smoked like a charm and even burn. Never went out once. Kinda too mild for me tho and I'll be getting some full bodied ones next time.
  • Diesel Unlimited and a Shock Top Belgian White. Nice way to end the day.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Man O War robusto with almost 2 years age on it. Tastes great. These do age well.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Man O War robusto with almost 2 years age on it. Tastes great. These do age well.
    i always imagined that this would be the case with these. i have never been able to keep them long enough.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain Nub Maduro....sweet!!
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    My first Angelenos Gran Toro....so far so good
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    kuzi16:
    docbp87:
    i always imagined that this would be the case with these. i have never been able to keep them long enough.
    Totally do. It has gotten sweeter, and the spice is more refined, and smooth. Burning great too. For my money, the MOW stuff is the best thing AJ has done. Haven't smoked my San Lotano's yet though...
    BlueRings:
    BlueRings:
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:

I do have one question and it was based on my opinion of countries outside of Cuba delivering a better product that the real thing. Do you feel this cigar equals or betters the Cuban counterparts. The Epernay Le Ferme was that cigar for me and Im Cuban so it is hard to admit

To be honest, I haven't smoked enough Cuban cigars to answer objectively. I've probably smoke a dozen or so of them, and none of them have really done it for me. I've got a few more that Joe gave me, and I hope/expect those might change my mind.

So for what it's worth (not much) my answer would be that Epernay is much better than any Cuban I've had, but take that with a grain of salt. I just haven't explored Cubans enough to make any kind of real comparison.
    kuzi16:
    docbp87:
    The Ruination is also fantastic with 2+ years on it. I was gifted a robusto #2 from the first production run, before they had footbands for them, and it was hands down the best Ruination I've had to date.
    Russ55:
    BlueRings:
    BlueRings:
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:

To be honest, I haven't smoked enough Cuban cigars to answer objectively. I've probably smoke a dozen or so of them, and none of them have really done it for me. I've got a few more that Joe gave me, and I hope/expect those might change my mind.

So for what it's worth (not much) my answer would be that Epernay is much better than any Cuban I've had, but take that with a grain of salt. I just haven't explored Cubans enough to make any kind of real comparison.
    I would have no problem putting the Epernay on equal footing with the best cigars coming out of Cuba. I've had some stellar Cuban cigars, but I honestly wouldn't say any were better than the Epernay.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Just finished up a 5 Vegas Classic while watching the sunset. Nice a smooth and perfect burn.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Pinar del Rio habano sungrown 07, very good.
  • Gurkha Symphony that was a good after a long rest, now smoking a Casa Magna colorado.

Had several today. First up was a Camacho Havana H2, nice petit robusto. Later was an Illusione Epernay Le Ferme. Later still was a La Flor Dominicana Airbender robusto. Finally finished off the day with a Man o'War Armada. Pretty good day if I do say so myself.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Had several today. First up was a Camacho Havana H2, nice petit robusto. Later was an Illusione Epernay Le Ferme. Later still was a La Flor Dominicana Airbender robusto. Finally finished off the day with a Man o'War Armada. Pretty good day if I do say so myself.

Wow, 4.....
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I smoked a VSG Spellbound last night. it was good but not as good as the Robusto. It was a little too large for that smoke and I wasn't feeling that well.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Hmm...I think I'm gonna see how a Diesel Unlimited pairs with some JD Single Barrel.

"Long ashes my friends."

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Perdomo Patriarch
  • had a MOW Puro last night. great stick. no idea what I'll have tonight...