Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Tried out the Cain Daytona finally. Got it in the cotm a few months ago, so it's had plenty of rest. I was unimpressed. The draw was too tight. The flavor and aromas I got out of it would have made it a nice stick if it was made better, but this one I actually laid down about halfway through. I know it's just a bum stick, but I'm not a big enough fan of Oliva to try it again.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mx 2 was great to the nub, 2end up a graycliff crystal edicion limitada 2010 toro
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Russ55:
    Tried out the Cain Daytona finally. Got it in the cotm a few months ago, so it's had plenty of rest. I was unimpressed. The draw was too tight. The flavor and aromas I got out of it would have made it a nice stick if it was made better, but this one I actually laid down about halfway through. I know it's just a bum stick, but I'm not a big enough fan of Oliva to try it again.
    Dude, try the petite corona. They cost like 4.50 or something, and I have never had a construction issue with any of the handful I have smoked. Also, they have a really unique nutty flavor that was definitely worth experiencing.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    j0z3r:
    Had 2/3 of a Johnny-O! Magnum Culebra, 8x47 of shagfoot goodness. Smoked with Leonard who had the odd third. Fantastic fresh rolled cigar.
    Any idea how long ago it was rolled? In my experience (and according to John) his stuff is great fresh, for a few weeks, and then get sick until almost a year after rolling. I recently got a bunch of stuff from him, and loved them fresh, but they have since definitely gotten sick. I have only had one Johnny-O with age on it (almost 2 years old), and I just pray that my small collection of his stuff turns out as great as this one was. Also, his culebras (being shaggy footed, and 8x47) are MONSTERS!
    What are these Johnny-O cigars I've been reading about and how can I get my hands on a couple?

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    dwayne, i had a line on some but the guy is mia at the moment, but im sure others here know, maybe someone will pm you and me with info. since what i had is mia too,lol
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    PM to you.
  • Options
    Rocky Patel Decade Torpedo

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    docbp87:
    PM to you.
    Replied

• Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Perdomo 10'th Maduro Robusto. A solid smoke. I personally score this one A well deserved 94.
  • Options
    docbp87:
    PM to you.
    replied
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Alec Bradley Sun Grown from 3/2010 courtesy of alienmisprint (Tony).
  • Options
    amz1301:
    That's a good cigar. I had one earlier today.

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    docbp87:
    j0z3r:
    Had 2/3 of a Johnny-O! Magnum Culebra, 8x47 of shagfoot goodness. Smoked with Leonard who had the odd third. Fantastic fresh rolled cigar.
    Any idea how long ago it was rolled? In my experience (and according to John) his stuff is great fresh, for a few weeks, and then get sick until almost a year after rolling. I recently got a bunch of stuff from him, and loved them fresh, but they have since definitely gotten sick. I have only had one Johnny-O with age on it (almost 2 years old), and I just pray that my small collection of his stuff turns out as great as this one was. Also, his culebras (being shaggy footed, and 8x47) are MONSTERS!
    I can estimate within the last 2-3 weeks based on when they came online.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    dbeckom:
    amz1301:
    That's a good cigar. I had one earlier today.
    Definitely, first one I've had and I'm liking it.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    601 red churchill with the original band. Age has mellowed this one too much for me. Its much smoother now though.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Liga Pravada #9 that I got from BIP. Damn nice smoke even ROTT.......... Thanks brother!
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    up late tonight just lit a 601 green.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    601 Red robusto. It was okay; nothing special. It seemed to have a very short finish.
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Having a friend over to help me smoke the rest of my Frank's Way cigars. They're not horrible, but I need to free up some space in the cooler, and they're the low man on the totem pole.
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Just had a illusion 68. great little smoke. Forgot how much I liked Dons stuff.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    Liga Pravada #9 that I got from BIP. Damn nice smoke even ROTT.......... Thanks brother!
    this is how i like them. when they age i feel that they show more of the coffee side that im not as into.
  • Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    It's 108 degrees here, so I'm staying inside with the a.c. and an ice cold sam adams, no cigar for me unless the temp drops A LOT when the sun goes down.
  • Options
    skweekz:
    601 Red robusto. It was okay; nothing special. It seemed to have a very short finish.
    At first, I was not a fan of the 601 Red. When I first got them I put em with my 601 Blues and Greens at 65% RH...somehow a couple got mixed in with some of my Connies at 70% and upon smoking one I noticed a remarkable change in the flavor profile. Since then I have experimented with a couple more of my natural wrappers...some improve in the 70% and some don't.

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Oliveros Ltd
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    MoW Ruination Corona
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Did a little test last night, I had a Padron 3000 Natural that I bought from the B&M about 13 days ago. The walk in humi is kept at 70%Rh and I bought three of them. I plan to smoke one at 2 weeks, one at a month and one at three months.

This one was bad... Good flavor but burned too hot, burned uneven and put it down a little early (not too early, but not as much as I usually smoke)

It did leave some burnt flavors in my mouth so I lit up a Perdomo Champagne 10th anniversary that was nice and rich and smooth... That one had a year and 4 months on it
  • Options
    SpazzSpazz Posts: 22
    Photobucket
    Just found this guy here
  • Options
    la perla habana morado robusto i got from james40 , yumm
  • Options
    morado went to the nub, next up a oliva v 2010 maduro torp.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Rocky Patel Vintage 1992. In humidor for eight months. Mellowed somewhat, A fine smoke.