amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Grimalkin Robusto
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    amz1301:
    Grimalkin Robusto
    How was it?

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    dbeckom:
    amz1301:
    Grimalkin Robusto
    How was it?
    I'm halfway through, ash just fell off. Perfect construction, razor sharp burn and lots of smoke. Definitely got the pepper at the beginning and the flavor has changed now. I'm not that experienced yet to pick out flavors very well but it's nice.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    No orange, raisin, honey.?????? just curious
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoying the rain smoking a San Lotano habano perfect night.
  • Options
    MonteWhiteMonteWhite Posts: 200
    Oliva Serie V paired with Pliny the Elder by Russian River Brewing Co.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Started a Partagas Culebra after I got home from work. I loved the first third so much, I lit up a second right after. I loved that one so much that I took a dinner break and smoked the last third with some Montecristo 12 year rum. The cigar was great, all three parts, and the rum was quite nice too. My thanks to bandyt09 for the rum.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    skweekz:
    601 Red robusto. It was okay; nothing special. It seemed to have a very short finish.

Thats weird Ive always found those to be pretty complex with a lingering sweetness on the finish. Actually was my go to for a long time till I got tired of em finally.

Deisel UHC tonight.To me these are so much better with time on them. This has had a good long rest and flavor is very nice. only problem is the draw is so loose seems like the roller forgot half the filler leaves.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    MonteWhite:

mmm Pliny, had it once in Denver, despite the hype it didnt disapoint. If you ever see it try Odells Myrcenary x2 IPA. Not quite on Plinys level but darn close imo.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    room 101
    carlos torano noventa
  • Options
    MonteWhiteMonteWhite Posts: 200
    gaberox:
    MonteWhite:
    mmm Pliny, had it once in Denver, despite the hype it didnt disapoint. If you ever see it try Odells Myrcenary x2 IPA. Not quite on Plinys level but darn close imo.
    Thanks! I'll have to keep an eye out for that
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Padilla Dominus Toro
    Only rested 40 days (I got impatient) - been waiting to try one
    Wonderful smoke, rivals the Black Bear, lasted forever, nice flavor profile, a new favorite
    Solid B+ (88 points)
    Gonna let my others rest a while
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    My first box purchase.... or shall I say "Bundle" purchase... Did not come in a box, just 20 cigars in plastic

But I've just smoked a Nestor Reserve Maduro with 3 years on it.

The original bundle I got was plugged and not smoking well.... after the initial light this guy is smooth as a baby's butt...
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Mow armada with some Lagavulin 12yr Lasanta by the fire. Wifes pissed but whatever
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    smoked a Nica Libre Potencia and finished with a Tatuje Havana IV
  • Options
    Husker44Husker44 Posts: 172
    smoked a CAO America that I had been wanting to smoke on the 4th. Forgot it at home as we went on vacation. Then it's been too damn hot outside.

Nice smoke.
  • Options
    mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Gurkha Empire II
  • Options
    The Kid:
    No orange, raisin, honey.?????? just curious
    I definitely picked up the pepper and spices at the beginning then like an aged barrel kind of woody flavor with the hints of cinnamon. I was trying to pick up the citrus / orange flavor like most of the reviews have said but honestly couldn't pick it out. It was probably me as I'm still trying to work on developing my palate, plus I was drinking Miller Chill Beer which has a citrus flavor (dont crucify me, I was hot and it looked refreshing) and had two shots of 1800 Anejo tequila. It was a very nice smoke. Next time I get up there I'll probably pick up a box. If your interested I can send you a couple.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Nub Cameroon 358
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Johnny O! Corona Extra
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st up a oliva g toro
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a 601 Blue Box Pressed Maduro. Very nice cigar. At first I thought the draw was a bit tight, but then realized the full bodied nature of this stick made it work out well. Great flavors and quality construction made this one I will certainly smoke again.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oliva g to the nub now firing up a liga privada #9 toro
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Man O' War Puro Authentico, A fine smoke. One of my new favorites.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    First was a perfectt 14oz sirloin followed by an Illusione Epernay. Now on to a Tat. Black. Perfect night.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    This afternoon was a Partagas Serie D #4. Currently smoking a Partagas Lusitania. Yesterday and today have been Partagas days and I'm about as happy as can be with that.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Trying to decide what to smoke after i get off work in the morning. Finishing up day 6 and then I get one off before 7 straight so it'll probably be a 2 or 3 cigar day more than likely
  • Options
    LHC Oscuro Fuerte
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Hoyo de Monterey Ltd 2007 with my brother this afternoon and tonight the wife (married just 2 weeks ago) had a Mr. B Magnun and I enjoyed a Cohiba Siglo IV. Nice day!
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ave Maria Crusader

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb