Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    601 blue lable with about a year on it. Not bad at all.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Burned a Nicrao on the ride to work this morning and had a Gran Habano 2002 on the ride home.
    Both excellent cigars.

• danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Had a fire last night so I smoked a few, started with a Gurkha Ancient Warrior which is quickly becoming one of my favorites, followed that up with a CAO Brazilia then finally a La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte all in all very good night and three fantastic cigars.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st up a ladc robusto
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working on a Carlos Torano Signtuare which is buring great and taste great too!
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Ashton VSG that I got for a dollar at the bnm cause the wrapper on the 1st inch is all cracked and coming apart. The clerk said it was unsmokable.

Well with lots of tender loving care I now have 2in of solid ash and a perfect 4+in of cigar left to go. Im very proud of saving this one as it was in real bad shape. My 1st VSG as well. Got another one free thats worse not sure I can save that one.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Nub Connecticut,, Gifted by Adros/Beatnic. 1st Nub I've smoked.. I mean Ive smoked em down to the nub but havent ever started with a nub..Pretty good..
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimalkin Robusto compliments of amz1301. Normally I would let it rest for at least two weeks before smoking, but my curiosity got the best of me on this one.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
    Oh man this VSG is really good. Its been way too long since Ive had a smooth rich Dominican cigar. Im always smokin those zingy Nicaraguans.
    ladc to the nub, next up a la traviata toro
    dbeckom:
    Grimalkin Robusto compliments of amz1301. Normally I would let it rest for at least two weeks before smoking, but my curiosity got the best of me on this one.

Give us a review or send me a pm..enjoy..
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    amz1301:
    The Kid:
    No orange, raisin, honey.?????? just curious
    I definitely picked up the pepper and spices at the beginning then like an aged barrel kind of woody flavor with the hints of cinnamon. I was trying to pick up the citrus / orange flavor like most of the reviews have said but honestly couldn't pick it out. It was probably me as I'm still trying to work on developing my palate, plus I was drinking Miller Chill Beer which has a citrus flavor (dont crucify me, I was hot and it looked refreshing) and had two shots of 1800 Anejo tequila. It was a very nice smoke. Next time I get up there I'll probably pick up a box. If your interested I can send you a couple.
    Kid, don't know if you saw this but this is what I got along with the perfect construction and burn it never got hot on me even though I smoked it all the way to the nub. Not much of a review but I'm still pretty new at this.
    Good night tonite, Following up the VSG with my 3rd ever cc, a Por Larranga petit corona. Maybe shoulda had the VSG 2nd as the PL seems to have milder more nuanced flavors. Really good so far. Also seems to be getting richer going in to the 2nd inch.
    The Kid:
    dbeckom:

It started off fairly spicy with a blast of black pepper and a touch of cinnamon. The initial aroma was like nothing I've experienced in a cigar...very pleasant, but I couldn't figure out exactly what it was. About half way through the first third the pepper gave way to a smooth cedar with hints of coffee. The slightest touch of cinnamon was still there as well as a little sweetness.

The halfway point brought in new fruit-like flavors...like unsweetened prunes (this may be the raisin that others experienced). The "prune" flavor, along with the cedar, coffee and touch of cinnamon continued as the dominant flavors to the nub. The burn and draw were perfect from start to finish! I never picked up any of the citrus flavors or aromas that others have written about. I will give the other two sticks a while longer to rest before I revisit them. The Grimalkin is definitely worth trying. I'd love to see what some of the BOTL's with more seasoned palates have to say about this one.

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
    dbeckom:
    The Kid:
    dbeckom:

It started off fairly spicy with a blast of black pepper and a touch of cinnamon. The initial aroma was like nothing I've experienced in a cigar...very pleasant, but I couldn't figure out exactly what it was. About half way through the first third the pepper gave way to a smooth cedar with hints of coffee. The slightest touch of cinnamon was still there as well as a little sweetness.

The halfway point brought in new fruit-like flavors...like unsweetened prunes (this may be the raisin that others experienced). The "prune" flavor, along with the cedar, coffee and touch of cinnamon continued as the dominant flavors to the nub. The burn and draw were perfect from start to finish! I never picked up any of the citrus flavors or aromas that others have written about. I will give the other two sticks a while longer to rest before I revisit them. The Grimalkin is definitely worth trying. I'd love to see what some of the BOTL's with more seasoned palates have to say about this one.
    I started a thread on the Grimalkin in Ratings and Reviews.

• Husker44Husker44 Posts: 172
    Romeo y Julieta 1875

Nice cigar for a warm evening
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just fired up a San Lotano maduro.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    gaberox:
    Ashton VSG that I got for a dollar at the bnm cause the wrapper on the 1st inch is all cracked and coming apart. The clerk said it was unsmokable. Well with lots of tender loving care I now have 2in of solid ash and a perfect 4+in of cigar left to go. Im very proud of saving this one as it was in real bad shape. My 1st VSG as well. Got another one free thats worse not sure I can save that one.
    If it's still cylindrical... Lookup pectin, Doesn't affect taste but glues the cigar back together
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Good buddy of mine stopped in this evening, fired up some D7's while chilling in the back yard. Enjoyed a great cigar and talking about old times.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Airbender Ponderoso.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Hoyo Excalibur and a Camacho Habano
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    My Father Le Bjiou.
    LHC Dos Capas

Padilla 1932 torp
  • MonteWhiteMonteWhite Posts: 200
    Cusano 59 Rare Cameroon, and it is awesome. This is definitely going to be a regular in my humidor
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had 5 vegas miami on the ride in... great as always
    On the ride home I tried to smoke the PDR Seleccion... I did not enjoy that cigar.

1st one of these for me and im liking it, hammer and sickle robusto
  • Enjoying the he11 out of a CAO Brazilia
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    Husker44:
    Romeo y Julieta 1875

Nice cigar for a warm evening

I am a fan of these. I have a bunch of the bullys
    Just fired up a Kinky Friedman Kinky Cristo