Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    dbeckom:
    The Kid:
    any difference in the bands/wrappers, what size are the ones with the footbands?
    This was one of the ones with the single band that has "Ruination" on it...the same as every other one I've smoked. I'm gonna let the ones with the foot band rest a while
    The Ruinations with the footband are quite nice, it has been a while since they made any of those and the time has done them nothing but favors.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    dbeckom:
    The Kid:
    any difference in the bands/wrappers, what size are the ones with the footbands?
    This was one of the ones with the single band that has "Ruination" on it...the same as every other one I've smoked. I'm gonna let the ones with the foot band rest a while
    Ohhhh, gotcha,, I'll go away now..lol
    LOL...no problem. I am looking forward to trying one of the ones with the foot band...maybe I'll try one this weekend. I'll let you know how it is.

that 6x60 was definitely a great cigar, just not what I was expecting. I was expecting it to have a kick...but it was medium bodied from start to the nub.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Started tonight with a Lito Gomez Diaz which was ok, it had some construction issues. Then I moved on to a RP Edge Sumatra. Def. The best thing I've had from RP in a while.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    JDN Dark Corojo, I swear these need a month in the drybox. wrapper is sooo thick. kind of frustrating to smoke.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Just finished a Graycliff Platinum Edicion Limitada what a great smoke, it was a 2.75 hour smoke, I smoked it to the nub.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Smoked a Camacho 8/22 that was gifted to me a couple of months ago. It was definately strong! Not sure how much I loved it but didn't hate it. I think with more rest these could be really good. Then I smoked a Diesel Unlimited 7 x 58 (I think it was that size). I really like the unlimited. This one has about a 10 and a 1/2 months on it. The last one I smoked was last year on my deck
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Macanudo maduro. Falling in love with these. I have one 1997 vintage and I really would like to find more. Marker.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    gaberox:
    JDN Dark Corojo, I swear these need a month in the drybox. wrapper is sooo thick. kind of frustrating to smoke.
    i dont know yet but i think these will be amazing at 5 years or so.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Smoked a La Aroma De Cuba Edicio Especial last night. . . . WOW. This one had over a year on it, and it was fantastic.

My sumatra kick continues tonight with my first Avo Domaine and a 5 Vegas Classic if that domaine dissappears before I'm ready to go inside.
  • Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Had an Olivia Serie O earlier
  • Options
    Enjoying a Por Larra
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Last night I had a Romeo y Julietta maduro. Quite a nice smoke. No burn issues and very decent flavor.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a Titan from my first order here at C.Com. This stick was resting since 4/08. It was pretty amazing. I know the age made this one shine, I have another that is almost as old. Let's see what another couple years can do.
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    I am heading out with the wife but later tonight I have a Tatuaje Miami in mind.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Morro Castle first... i really love that stick... then I'll probably fire up a Sopranos or Diesel Shorty
  • Options
    Just toasted my first Est 1844...if the rest of the cigar is as good as the first 3 puffs, I'll love it!

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    bout to light up a 5 Vegas Miami. last few times with th is stick i was not impressed. but its been a while. My palate has changed quite a bit since then. givin it another go. thank you Badge for giving me the opportunity.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    starting off with a padilla artisian
  • Options
    dbeckom:
    Just toasted my first Est 1844...if the rest of the cigar is as good as the first 3 puffs, I'll love it!
    should last you about an hour give your review
  • Options
    BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    PDR Oscuro Liga Cubana No 2. I purchased these a year ago and they were ok. Now like some Phoneix rising this cigar is amazing. All it need was time to shine.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    gaberox:
    i dont know yet but i think these will be amazing at 5 years or so.

How close to that 5 year mark are you?

I feel like they coulda used a bit more combustible tobacco in the filler. Although maybe that would lead to more tunneling.

75% ligero and the thick wrappers flavor is awesome but what do you have to do to get a decent burn? Every review I read had some complaint about the burn.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Enjoying a Por Larra
  • Options
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    Enjoying a Por Larrañaga Encantos this afternoon. The dalia vitola is perhaps my favorite, and despite its relative youth, this is a phenomenal blend.

I see that your penchant for making up cigars has spread to this thread...

Ha ha I had a Por larranga petit corona just the other day. Very nice cigar. Oh wait did I just make that up? It was kinda vanilla honey sweet with some spice. I was very luky to come accorss that one.

=)
  • Options
    gaberox:
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    Enjoying a Por Larra
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    gaberox:
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    Enjoying a Por Larrañaga Encantos this afternoon. The dalia vitola is perhaps my favorite, and despite its relative youth, this is a phenomenal blend.

I see that your penchant for making up cigars has spread to this thread...

=)
    Ha ha I had a Por larranga petit corona just the other day. Very nice cigar. Oh wait did I just make that up? It was kinda vanilla honey sweet with some spice. I was very luky to come accorss that one.

Fixed that for ya. :) I have a cab of the PLPC in storage right now with a Mar 11 box date. Hoping to put some time on them before I break into it, at least 2-3 years. The Encantos has a very nice, smooth profile, a honey/caramel sweetness in the core with some bitter coffee in the finish. It's going to be an exquisite cigar given a few years.

Yeah the PLPC was smooth as butter beside a touch of spice. Only regret was I smoked an Ashton VSG before hand. I think the PLPC would be a great morning cigar.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Cameroon Label corona. I'll definitely try this one again. Good smoke.
  • Options
    ave maria beli. up next
  • Options
    601 blue... I kept hearing about them so I decided to spark one up. I'm basically making my choices based on what I hear about on here. Makes it easier to chose lol
  • Options
    xIcedGuardianx:
    601 blue... I kept hearing about them so I decided to spark one up. I'm basically making my choices based on what I hear about on here. Makes it easier to chose lol

One of my favorites. what do you think?
  • Options
    jj20030:
    dbeckom:
    should last you about an hour give your review
    My review is up in Ratings and Reviews