Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Goldy:
    bip:
    smoked a 601 while freezing my bolls off in the drop to the 90s for the evening. Nice smoke. I was tasting something in it that I couldn't quite figure out. Can anyone tell me what they are tasting while they smoked the 601?
    601 blue or green?
    I've only smoked the 601 Green once but I remember it being quite good. It was a while ago and unfortunately that's all I can remember about it.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Golfing it up after work. I'll be lighting up either a La Pearla Habana Black Pearl, and LHC Oscuro Fuerte, or a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet. Decisions, decisions.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gran Habano 3SLS...one of my favorite go-to smokes when I can't decide what I want.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st up a la perla habana morado toro i found hiding in my humi while putting some from james40 in there
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Davidoff Special Series Entreacto (funny little 3.5x43 tres petite corona)
  • Options
    next up a La Flor Dominicana Premium Grand Maduro # 6 ( torpedo )
  • Options
    La Reloba Habano

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    Husker44Husker44 Posts: 172
    1st one in a couple of weeks. Finally said screw the heat.

Cohiba
  • Options
    buldogs01buldogs01 Posts: 8
    First time with this one. Digging it so far. image
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Torano signature...Thx Alienmisprint
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Thanks to adros I am enjoying a Nub Cameroon
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Carlos Torano Dominico. A spicy firecracker of A smoke. My personal rating for this one is 92. A solid smoke.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Ramon Allones ISOM. I think this one's called the Specially Selected, but I'm not positive. Robusto/Rothschild size. Fantastic smoke. Got this one from DSWarmack, thanks again. This is the first ISOM I've smoked that made me say "wow" out loud. Great flavor, heavenly aroma. Might have to track some more of these down...
  • Options
    willso7willso7 Posts: 156
    5 VEGAS RELIC , didnt burn very well.
  • Options
    AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    Centurian with about 6 months on it. Very balanced flavor

2nd smoke is an AVO Signature robusto. perfect draw, perfect burn, perfect flavor...love these sticks
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had 2/3 of a Johnny-O! Magnum Culebra, 8x47 of shagfoot goodness. Smoked with Leonard who had the odd third. Fantastic fresh rolled cigar.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Just started an Oliveros 80 and so far, its better than I expected
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    willso7:
    5 VEGAS RELIC , didnt burn very well.

I had one maybe because it was humid bit it got rather squishy while smoking....maybe this was the humidiy ir it being mor loosely filled? Burn line wasn't bad though.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    chemforever:
    because it was humid bit it got rather squishy while smoking....maybe this was the humidiy

I had a 5 Vegas Gold Maduro tonight. The humidity killed this thing. The flavor was there, but I had major wrapper and draw problems. Great smoke, but the weather ruined it.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't had a smoke in a while finally got a chance to smoke a cao mx2.
  • Options
    Cuba Libre pyramid... meh
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So its not tonight yet nor is it moring..but I just finished a EL Mejor Espresso, really enjoyed the stick but its hot as 2 balls in a speedo outside!! Damn, cant wait for it to cool off.
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    So its not tonight yet nor is it moring..but I just finished a EL Mejor Espresso, really enjoyed the stick but its hot as 2 balls in a speedo outside!! Damn, cant wait for it to cool off.
    I found a couple of the Espresso's in my humi the other day...I know that they've been in there 6 or more months as its been at least that long since I've smoked one. I liked the espresso then so I guess I need to re-visit it.

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had the PDR Clasico this morning on my ride in... maybe it's just me but a good mild connie is hard to come by.
    On the ride home I had the PDR Sungrown pretty good cigar.

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Ave Maria corona and a Ccom Sungrown corona. Yeah.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    Had the PDR Clasico this morning on my ride in... maybe it's just me but a good mild connie is hard to come by.
    On the ride home I had the PDR Sungrown pretty good cigar.

I like the sun grown too
  • Options
    1st up a cao mx 2 robusto
  • Options
    BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    Gurka Centurion nice smoke first one flavors of coffee, leather, and cream. Very smooth smoke indeed.
  • Options
    CAO Cx2,, average.. suprised it wasnt better
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    j0z3r:
    Had 2/3 of a Johnny-O! Magnum Culebra, 8x47 of shagfoot goodness. Smoked with Leonard who had the odd third. Fantastic fresh rolled cigar.
    Any idea how long ago it was rolled? In my experience (and according to John) his stuff is great fresh, for a few weeks, and then get sick until almost a year after rolling. I recently got a bunch of stuff from him, and loved them fresh, but they have since definitely gotten sick. I have only had one Johnny-O with age on it (almost 2 years old), and I just pray that my small collection of his stuff turns out as great as this one was. Also, his culebras (being shaggy footed, and 8x47) are MONSTERS!