Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Just finished up a Tatuaje Black petit lancero...holy sh*t, that cigar firmly blows the torpedo out of the water. I only hope the blend remains the same now that they're making it a regular release, it would sadden me to see this blend given the El Triunfador treatment.
  • Options
    dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    Enjoying a God of Fire by Don Carlos.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LHCOF...I love em!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    j0z3r:
    Just finished up a Tatuaje Black petit lancero...holy sh*t, that cigar firmly blows the torpedo out of the water. I only hope the blend remains the same now that they're making it a regular release, it would sadden me to see this blend given the El Triunfador treatment.
    Regular release is supposed to be the same as the Tobacco Grove release, and everyone I know that has had both seems to agree that it is. Production actually never stopped from the original release, they just started cutting the feet, and stopped putting pigtails on them. I agree that the PL is far superior to the torpedo, and is much closer to the earlier Tat Blacks I've smoked (never a Corona Gorda, but I've smoked a pair of the original robustos... *drool*)
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    next up a warlock torp.,great smoke!
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Smoked a isla del sol toro, I don't really like flavored cigars but this one wasn't that bad, won't buy it but if offered I won't turn it down
  • Options
    docbp87:
    j0z3r:
    Regular release is supposed to be the same as the Tobacco Grove release, and everyone I know that has had both seems to agree that it is. Production actually never stopped from the original release, they just started cutting the feet, and stopped putting pigtails on them. I agree that the PL is far superior to the torpedo, and is much closer to the earlier Tat Blacks I've smoked (never a Corona Gorda, but I've smoked a pair of the original robustos... *drool*)
    I realize they still make the original blend, I'm referring to the expanded line that is most assuredly not the same blend as the OR Triunfador.
  • Options
    big chunks:
    Smoked a isla del sol toro, I don't really like flavored cigars but this one wasn't that bad, won't buy it but if offered I won't turn it down
    I've had a couple of those that were given to me and I agree...not that bad. I won't go out of my way to find one, and I certainly won't buy them but they can be enjoyable.

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    j0z3r:
    docbp87:
    j0z3r:
    I realize they still make the original blend, I'm referring to the expanded line that is most assuredly not the same blend as the OR Triunfador.
    Oh no, I mean regular release black PLs, and the OR black PLs. Wasn't talking about El T at all.
  • Options
    docbp87:
    j0z3r:
    docbp87:
    j0z3r:
    Oh no, I mean regular release black PLs, and the OR black PLs. Wasn't talking about El T at all.
    ok, misunderstood you then. I made a comment about ET, and I thought you were responding to that. My bad.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LGC series n. So far so good but still too early in the smoke to tell if I enjoy them or not.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Rocky Patel Sung Grown Torpedo that's been in my humi since OCT 2009... Hopefully this is a good cigar!
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Nestor Miranda 1989. This thing was horrible. It tasted like an ash tray. I couldn't even bring myself to finishing it.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I just tried out the Avo Maduro No 9. It was ok. Good construction, great smoke output, but the flavor was a bit flat, and uninteresting. It smelled nice at times. If I were to line up the entire Avo line, of the ones I've had, from top to bottom in terms of my favorites this would probably be at the bottom.

This also completes my quest to try the entire Avo line. With the exception of the Avo Lounge, and some of the older Limited Editions though. Really solid label. One of my top 3.
  • Options
    My first Cain Daytona. I just toasted it so the jury is still out...

• Options
    dbeckom:
    My first Cain Daytona. I just toasted it so the jury is still out...
    The jury came back...the Daytona made my first entry in the "Sticks that Taste Like Goat's Ass" thread! I stuck with it for 20 minutes hoping it would get better...it didn't. To be fair, I will revisit the Daytona in a few months.

Having survived that 20 minutes of torture, I decided to offer my palate a treat so I dug down deep in my humidor and found a Camacho Triple Maduro 4.5 x 50.

• Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Just finished a Padilla Signature 1932 Toro
    Very solid smoke - loved it - nubbed it, minor burn issues (it was windy, even in my sheltered outdoor smoking lunge) - a solid B+ on my amateur rating system (88 points on the CA scale I would guess if I was forced to that)
    Definitely will look for these on sale (I purchase as part o the Padilla Top Tier sampler - a good value IMHO)

• Options
    1st up was a ccom red label robusto, very good to the nub
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    5 Vegas Miami with lots and lots of rest. Very smooth.
  • Options
    d-robd-rob Posts: 61
    Had a Graycliff G2. Good smoke
  • Options
    fixing to fire up a romeo y julieta viejo "E" with about 10 months restin
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a Diesel Shorty... I love that cigar.

• Options
    jbraslinsjbraslins Posts: 57
    Oliva Master Blends III rather strong stick. Doubt I can smoke more than half of it. Sipping on some Laphroaig with it.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Cubao maduro with plume. If the wind kicks up anymore and ruins this cigar I may just cry.
  • Options
    this romeo y julieta viejo "E" paired with some dogfish head 60 ipa just great!
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    jj20030:
    this romeo y julieta viejo "E" paired with some dogfish head 60 ipa just great!

Nice I love the 60 and 90 min dfH ipas. Having an Odells Myrcenary double ipa myself. One of the best dipa's Ive ever had. Up there with Pliny the elder in my book.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Just got back home after dinner at Sullivan's Steak House. Fired up an Emilio AF2 Toro and drinking some Yuengling Black & Tan now.
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    just got done with a natural by drew estate irish hops loving that stick every time i smoke one
  • Options
    Smoked a pork butt today for some killer pulled pork sammiches. Of course several cigars were smoked along the way, a Cohiba Red Dot peque
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    ccom sun grown label. Nothing shy of fantastic.