Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 15 minutes into my first Armada

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Diesel Unlimited d5 - tastes great, but needs a bit more time in the humi, as it has a tendency to go out on me. Might have to light up a JDN Dark Corojo Antano, another favorite of mine
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    dbeckom:
    About 15 minutes into my first Armada
    Oh man. Envious. Armada is AMAZING.
  • Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    El Primer Mundo Criollo Maduro
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Padilla 68
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2end up a padilla 1932 torp.
  • Options
    Husker44Husker44 Posts: 172
    nothing, it is too damn hot to enjoy one.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Just lit a La Gloria Cubana Serie R No. 6

It had a cracked foot and is starting off terrible with burn and draw... We'll see how this one pans out
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    La Herencia Cubana. Medium bodied and flavored. A good cigar just short of great. I'll definitely visit this one again.
  • Options
    Lasabar:

It had a cracked foot and is starting off terrible with burn and draw... We'll see how this one pans out
    how you liking that one?
  • Options
    jj20030:
    Lasabar:

how you liking that one?
    So far... Meh... Maybe it was the Little-Bit Spicy Noodles & Co. I had for dinner or the Scotch overpowering it... But all I'm getting is just a slightly bitter Tobacco taste... I think the huge ring guage is a major contributor of that, but that should at least be more flavorful than THIS!
  • Options
    Never had luck with the LGC Serie R. Always had a bitter flavor... always had my doubts about that wrapper as well. Just doesn't do it for me. Ernesto Carrillo has done amazing stuff lately though with his eponymous brand. If you dig the NC LGC stuff, definitely get into EP Carrillo cigars.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a MoW Puro earlier. Just finished up a Bolivar petit corona, I've been having a hard time with these being too tightly rolled, but this one was dead perfect and the flavor was on point with a lasting finish.
  • Options
    I put this thing down about 1/3rd through, either it's off, or something on my pallate is taking ANY thunder it had away...
    Now I play video games online
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    I put this thing down about 1/3rd through, either it's off, or something on my pallate is taking ANY thunder it had away...
    Now I play video games online
    lol, i have some that are smaller ring i think ill let them just rest a loong time before i even try one, thanks
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    Husker44:
    nothing, it is too damn hot to enjoy one.

same here man but my ave maria is calling me
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Had a MoW Puro earlier. Just finished up a Bolivar petit corona, I've been having a hard time with these being too tightly rolled, but this one was dead perfect and the flavor was on point with a lasting finish.
    Love the Boli PCs when you get a good box. Actually, the entire Bolivar line is pretty damn solid. Corona Juniors always have a palce in my humidor for a good 40 minute smoke.
  • Options
    bipbip Posts: 483
    Smoked my first Liga 9 tonight. When I first lit it and was taking the first few puffs off of it, I was thinking what the he)). It was def spicy (which I like) but a rough kind of spicy. I was about to get disappointed in a cigar I've been waiting for a while to try. after the first inch or so, it mellowed out quite a bit and a very nice cedary taste came through. near the last couple of inches the spice came back but with the cedar and seems like a bit of leather mixed in. What a great taste. Thoroughly enjoyed this cigar
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    A buddy and me smoked some Anejo #46 this evening.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    bip:
    Smoked my first Liga 9 tonight. When I first lit it and was taking the first few puffs off of it, I was thinking what the he)). It was def spicy (which I like) but a rough kind of spicy. I was about to get disappointed in a cigar I've been waiting for a while to try. after the first inch or so, it mellowed out quite a bit and a very nice cedary taste came through. near the last couple of inches the spice came back but with the cedar and seems like a bit of leather mixed in. What a great taste. Thoroughly enjoyed this cigar
    Give them 6 months and see how outstanding they are ;)
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    docbp87:
    j0z3r:
    Love the Boli PCs when you get a good box. Actually, the entire Bolivar line is pretty damn solid. Corona Juniors always have a palce in my humidor for a good 40 minute smoke.
    I'm working my way through an 07 cab, they are hit or miss on the draw, but the good ones are smoking fantastic, just wish there were more hits and less misses. Such is life.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Casa Magna Colorado Torp.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    D7, tasty
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had a Ave Maria Reconquista last night rott. It was a little hot so I put it in the freezer for 5 minutes. I can't stand when my cigars are hot before I smoke them. It started off good with a good burn and draw, but didn't wow me. With about 2 1/2 inches left it was just kinda bleh and tasted funny almost like bitter but not. I can't explain it. I did smoke it till there was about an inch left.

As my second smoke I had a Cain FF. It was ok. Solid burn and draw. It tasted similar to the regular cain and not the cain F. I did nub it. Was burning my fingers.
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Gonna go with a Pinar del Rio Clasico Torpedo while I'm BBqing the Tri-Tips
    Then a Padilla Black Bear after dinner while sitting around the fire with the kids and their friends.
    The wife is out of town - gonna be a "smokin" weekend.

• Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Room 101 compliments of The Kid...I am really liking this cigar so far!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Had a CAO Mx2 on my ride from vermont to new hampshire (work), first half was good nothing great but I had some burn issues and there were some flaws in the wrapper got the the half way point and it got really harsh and bitter I had been smoking it really slow and it wasn't too hot or anything the taste just went bad. I have another one sitting in the humi so I'll probably let it sit a few months and give it another shot.
  • Options
    1st up a la perla habana morado toro
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Last night started off with a Diesel d.7 followed with a Arturo Fuente Sun Grown
  • Options
    Boliver Corona Junior this afternoon, and just lit an Opus Lost City Toro