Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First up for the evening, a Diesel UHC

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Half an Ave Maria... started raining and had to roll up my windows.

• Options
    jbraslinsjbraslins Posts: 57
    Graycliff Double Espresso
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st up a el triunfador
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Half an Ave Maria... started raining and had to roll up my windows.

What, you don't clam bake?

Currently smoking an AB Family Blend, probably one of AB's finest cigars.
  • Options
    lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    After seeing jbraslins first order post I think I am going to have to dig out an Ashton VSG. They looked good in his pic and its been a while since I have had one.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Guillermo Leon Signature Gran Corona.... One of my recent favorites.
  • Options
    Perdomo Habano Maduro Toro

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    dbeckom:
    my next one but a robusto, not sure how long ive had this one the wrapper has turned brown and its rich with flavor
  • Options
    jj20030:
    dbeckom:
    my next one but a robusto
    I actually tossed it after the first third! I've never had a bad Perdomo Habano. That one had great flavors at first, then it started developing a really foul taste on the tip of my tongue...the longer I smoked, the stronger that taste got.

So, I'm now enjoying a Nub Cameroon...yummy as always!

• Options
    dbeckom:
    jj20030:
    dbeckom:
    I actually tossed it after the first third! I've never had a bad Perdomo Habano. That one had great flavors at first, then it started developing a really foul taste on the tip of my tongue...the longer I smoked, the stronger that taste got.

damm, this one is so far so good , had a gran habano vintage 2002 like that once, even started leaving nasty brown juice in my mouth
  • Options
    jj20030:
    dbeckom:
    jj20030:
    dbeckom:

damm, this one is so far so good , had a gran habano vintage 2002 like that once, even started leaving nasty brown juice in my mouth
    Got too many good tasting cigars to be wasting time on a bad one!

• Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    PDR 1878 CO Lancero. Little smoke but tons of flavor.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    The foul taste on the tip of the tounge and nasty brown juice sounds like tar. I think you can often just re-cut the cigar a little further down and still salvage it. Where you using a punch cut? I smoked a La Gloria Cubana Serie R maddie not too long ago with a v-cut. Started getting a terrible taste, looked more closely and could see the liquid tar coming through the cut. I wiped it off, cut with a guillotine further down (past the depth of the v-cut) and managed to smoke the rest with no reoccurence of tar.
  • Options
    Heavy:
    The foul taste on the tip of the tounge and nasty brown juice sounds like tar. I think you can often just re-cut the cigar a little further down and still salvage it. Where you using a punch cut? I smoked a La Gloria Cubana Serie R maddie not too long ago with a v-cut. Started getting a terrible taste, looked more closely and could see the liquid tar coming through the cut. I wiped it off, cut with a guillotine further down (past the depth of the v-cut) and managed to smoke the rest with no reoccurence of tar.
    I've had tar buildup a couple times before and yes, a deeper cut did improve the taste. The Perdomo I was smoking tonight developed a foul smell in the resting smoke as well. My wife even mentioned that it stunk more than usual.

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    dbeckom:
    Heavy:
    I've had tar buildup a couple times before and yes, a deeper cut did improve the taste. The Perdomo I was smoking tonight developed a foul smell in the resting smoke as well. My wife even mentioned that it stunk more than usual.
    Wierd. Oh well, glad you didn't waste too much time with it. Gotta love the wife's comment 'stinks worse than usual' lol
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Smoking a AJ Fernandez signature salomon, about 45 min and an inch and a half later, I'm feeling good and it's a good smoke so far
  • Options
    big chunks:
    Smoking a AJ Fernandez signature salomon, about 45 min and an inch and a half later, I'm feeling good and it's a good smoke so far
    I really like those! It's a good, smooth medium body stick...for when you have 2+ hours to kill

• Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Ya it was a good smoke a little over 2 hours had to put it down as I got a nicotine buzz but it is a good medium stick
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Smoking a sol cubano artisan tonight that I received in a Bomb from Shotgun John. Thanks Brother, I'm enjoying this way more than I was expecting to. Very rich and flavorful yet still suprisingly smooth.

Its proving to be a great study buddy tonight, much like redman used to be in my college days 10+ years ago.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Up late enjoying a 601 green robusto with an Odell Myrcenary double IPA. Love these when Im in the mood for a powerfull cigar with great flavor. Smoke with so much body you can practically chew it.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Avo Heritage Churchill.
  • Options
    bobdbobd Posts: 71
    chateau real, maybe another stick later
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    CAO La Traviata, im not a huge cao fan, but this one is pretty taisty...
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    La Traviata's the real deal. Best in CAO's line in my opinion.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I started out with a 5 Vegas Cask Strength, now I'm chilling out with a Diesel corona.
  • Options
    1st up was a mow robusto , now time to look fer # 2
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    AJF Signature series Sumatra Salamon. I can't believe how cheap these things sell for. 2.5+ hour smoke, and delicious.
  • Options
    y2pascoe:
    firetruckguy:
    La Traviata's the real deal. Best in CAO's line in my opinion.
    +1 By far the best of the line!

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Diesel Unlimited d.7 and Padilla '68 Golden Bear, both in my truck while on a long drive. Both good but the ring gauges were too big.