Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Finished a Gurkha Titan a while ago - smoked several of these in the past - but this one sort of kicked my butt a little - not enough food maybe, and extra strong one maybe.............something lighter tonight....gotta look and see.........
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    Finished a Gurkha Titan a while ago - smoked several of these in the past - but this one sort of kicked my butt a little - not enough food maybe, and extra strong one maybe.............something lighter tonight....gotta look and see.........
    I smoked a Titan a week or so ago with over three years on it. I wish they were all that good. Young does not work for me on the Titan.
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    KingoftheCove:
    I smoked a Titan a week or so ago with over three years on it. I wish they were all that good. Young does not work for me on the Titan.
    Three years....nice!
    Mine have a whopping 3 months.......I need to put some away.................

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    kaspera79:
    KingoftheCove:
    Three years....nice!

Yeah. It was part of my very first Cigar of the Month club package here. I also have A 40 month old Beast, and Centurian waiting for me.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Gran Habano Vintage 2002 Churchill
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Tat IV meh guess I need a break. Cant taste anything, same last night.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Started with a Tat Verocu #5. Just finished an RASS rott, very good though they do need a rest from their long trip.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Romeo Y Julieta Reserve Maduro Corona. My new favorite of the line. Smooth and mellow with A hint of spice and pepper.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    Romeo Y Julieta Reserve Maduro Corona. My new favorite of the line. Smooth and mellow with A hint of spice and pepper.
    That one has been resting for a while! I just smoked my last one one of those a couple weeks ago!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Carlos Torano Fortress from Alienmisprint
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    CAO Italia. Very tasty but I think the smaller ring gauges are better (duh).
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    KingoftheCove:
    kaspera79:
    KingoftheCove:
    Three years....nice!

Yeah. It was part of my very first Cigar of the Month club package here. I also have A 40 month old Beast, and Centurian waiting for me.
    That was the joining package when I joined too. I still have one of the Sol Cubano Artisans from that one. I think about 3 years as well. I'd have to check to be sure.
  • Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    I just finished a Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure Robusto on the front porch. It's still in the 90's here at 9:45 pm. It topped 103 today. The temps been over 100 degrees for so long I've quit counting. The last rain we had was in Sept. 2010.

I am so ready for winter.
  • Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Last night I had my first Ave Maria, great stick. Followed that with a CAO Gold Maduro and then capped the night off with a Gurkha Ancient Warrior.
  • Options
    Est. 1844. Nice smoke, I highly recommend this one.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st up a joya de nicaragua antano 1970 gran consul
  • Options
    next up a sol cubano artisian
  • Options
    MonteWhiteMonteWhite Posts: 200
    jj20030:
    How is that cigar? I've always been curious.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    CAO Brazilia. Flavor was great as always but my wife came by and remarked 'that cigar reeks, do you like it'? I did, but she was right, the aroma was not so good.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Had a few today. First was a sol cubano cuban cabinet toro which was good, but I dropped it in the dirt on accident, so had to get another stick. I went with a Bolivar Petite Corona isom. Good flavors and aroma but the draw was just too tight to get a real satisfying draw. After that one I smoked my last remaining Sancho Panza Double Maduro Quixote from a box I bought over two years ago. Had the beginnings of plume on it, and even though it's only a 3 dollar stick damned it didn't feel like a treat with that much rest on it. Very satisfying. Might have to replace that box.
  • Options
    MonteWhite:
    jj20030:
    How is that cigar? I've always been curious.
    not much on reviews but no burn problems and i like it almost halway thru it, kinda fruity notes , maybe a hint of cherries, lil nutmeg, sweet taste not too much though , enjoyable
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MOW Puro Authentico

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    Gurkha Empire IV.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I had a fat Rocky 1961 and some 100% Kenyan Coffee. Nice evening
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had my first Partagas today. I believe a Padre, from the daily deal last week. I loved it! Great mild-medium, with some sweet flavors, maybe some almond somewhere in there.. my first cigar w/ a cameroon wrapper. Got real toasty the second half, with a loosened up draw. Glad I have 4 more! Well, one came injured, but hopefully ccom will get that fixed up tomorrow! Now a diesel unlimited.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a Punisher..damn my lips are on fire but well worth it!
  • Options
    MonteWhiteMonteWhite Posts: 200
    5 Vegas AAA
  • Options
    AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    Had a Centurian and a J. Fuego 777 Maduro corona with a few months on it. Those 777's are such consistent sticks....they keep moving higher up my favorites list!!
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Pacman84:
    Having a Punisher..damn my lips are on fire but well worth it!
    dont rub your eyes or touch your tool..
    smoking a 5 vegas miami
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    First cigar in awhile... Padilla Achilles from exactly 2 years ago... let's see how this pans out....