Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Stayin up late after bboyin all night at a show. Relaxing with a JDN DC. Dryboxed this one and its burning nicely. Have had a lot of trouble with these in the past so Im excited about to have a good experience with this cigar. Flavor profile is deffinatly my kinda thing.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Enjoyed one of the new Obsidians last night. Gee, the band is a bit large on these... if you 'smoke it down to the band" you're only in a quarter inch. (If you haven't seen one, the band pretty much covers the entire cigar!). It was a beautiful night to sit outside in the dark and enjoy a smoke, at least until the neighbors kids decided to come out and start screaming in spanish and creating a ruckus.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I smoked the last of my 5 Vegas what I think they were minis (came in a tin; maybe 5 in the tin. Got them free for spending a certain amount). They are about the size of the Upmann Demitasse but in a torpedo shape. I got them at least 3 years ago, maybe more. Every single one was consistent. And what I mean about consistant is that every one had tar buildup no matter where I cut it. Within 10 minutes I had tar. I would cut more and alas I would get more tar!
  • Options
    Graycliff G2, it is amazing how much my palate has changed in the last few weeks, now I can hardly taste anything in this mild and I'm looking forward to the Gurkha Triple Liguro taster I ordered today with the "You must buy this" daily deal sampler.
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    I had a 2 yo IT Fire mmmm lol.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Opus X Robusto with a year on it. Man I love smoking indoors in a lounge on a leather couch and bar service!!! Downing street to anyone who visits Houston!
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    zeebra:
    Opus X Robusto with a year on it. Man I love smoking indoors in a lounge on a leather couch and bar service!!! Downing street to anyone who visits Houston!
    jealous as hell. I have to drive 2hrs to get to a decent b&m/lounge.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    t_evan50:
    zeebra:
    jealous as hell. I have to drive 2hrs to get to a decent b&m/lounge.
    I hate smoking outdoors when its HOT! High here was 103 today!!!! Thats why I only smoke a cigar or two a week, if that, because of how nasty it is to sit outside for over an hour.

Sux to drive that far, lucky for me, Downing Street is a 5 minute drive from my work.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    I smoked the last of my 5 Vegas what I think they were minis (came in a tin; maybe 5 in the tin. Got them free for spending a certain amount). They are about the size of the Upmann Demitasse but in a torpedo shape. I got them at least 3 years ago, maybe more. Every single one was consistent. And what I mean about consistant is that every one had tar buildup no matter where I cut it. Within 10 minutes I had tar. I would cut more and alas I would get more tar!
    Ah, the Shorties. That was a short lived gimmick (pun intended), how long were they around, a year, 18 months?
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st up a nub cameroon , getting a cold and soar thoat i belive i may have to take a day or 2 off my cigars, we shall see,lol
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a Rocky Patel- Patel Brothers. Great stick always enjoy these.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cu-Avana Intenso

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    I've never had a Patel Brothers...heard a lot of good and bad about em. I finally got one a couple weeks ago and letting it rest a bit.

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Arganese Robusto and A Cuba Aliados Toro. Both good everyday smokes.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    dbeckom:
    kaspera79:
    I've never had a Patel Brothers...heard a lot of good and bad about em. I finally got one a couple weeks ago and letting it rest a bit.
    I have two. Your welcome to one so you can give us A review on it after smoking two.
  • Options
    next up a af Chateau
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    jj20030:
    next up a af Chateau
    There was a time when I smoked these every day. They are just downright consistent, flavorful, and the perfect size. Like the sungrown wrapped version best, myself. After like 6 months, they really start to mellow, and lose the bitter edge they have when too young, and pick up a floral sweetness. F*cking love the Chateau Fuente size. Oh, and the price is right!
  • Options
    docbp87:
    jj20030:
    next up a af Chateau
    There was a time when I smoked these every day. They are just downright consistent, flavorful, and the perfect size. Like the sungrown wrapped version best, myself. After like 6 months, they really start to mellow, and lose the bitter edge they have when too young, and pick up a floral sweetness. F*cking love the Chateau Fuente size. Oh, and the price is right!
    and thats just how its starting off, about 1 year in the humi too , only problem is , its the last one unless i got one hidden in one of my humis,lol , but yea consistent and flavor ive found in almost all fuentes ive had!
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    5 vegas gold maduro
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    rwheelwright:
    Ah, the Shorties. That was a short lived gimmick (pun intended), how long were they around, a year, 18 months?
    I got one and I have no Idea where in the hell it came from..lol it usually finds it way to the bottom of the humi and I forget about it.. then every few months or so I reorganize and I dig it up again.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Room 101 and a New Belgum Enlightened Black Ale. Not too shabby.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    V lancero.
  • Options
    Smoked the first stick from the box of 2002 La Gloria Cubana Medaille D'or No. 1's I got yesterday... HOLY ****. I have smoked some great cigars in my short time into this hobby... but this is one of the absolute best. The complexity of flavors was off the chart, floral, perfume, milk chocolate, almonds, honey... and smooth, and mild the whole way. Draw was perfect, just a touch of resistance. If only I had the patience to let all of my cigars get almost a decade of age, dammit.
  • Options
    Russ55:
    V lancero.
    Delicious.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    docbp87:
    Smoked the first stick from the box of 2002 La Gloria Cubana Medaille D'or No. 1's I got yesterday... HOLY ****. I have smoked some great cigars in my short time into this hobby... but this is one of the absolute best. The complexity of flavors was off the chart, floral, perfume, milk chocolate, almonds, honey... and smooth, and mild the whole way. Draw was perfect, just a touch of resistance. If only I had the patience to let all of my cigars get almost a decade of age, dammit.
    That's a great pickup, only have had one LGC, but it was fantastic and not terribly old. I have a box of '01 Hoyo de Monterey du Dauphin coming pretty soon, really excited for those. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of your LGC box though.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    docbp87:
    That's a great pickup, only have had one LGC, but it was fantastic and not terribly old. I have a box of '01 Hoyo de Monterey du Dauphin coming pretty soon, really excited for those. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of your LGC box though.
    j0z3r, I share your jealousy...I have never had a LGC myself. These sound absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing doc!

• Options
    Avo Heritage Short Robusto with some scotch. Luved it.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Tonight I had a Gurkha Sherpa. I was certainly pleased with this stick. Nice and mellow.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    jbraslins:
    Avo Heritage Short Robusto with some scotch. Luved it.
    That is a great cigar.
  • Options
    Lakota72:
    Tonight I had a Gurkha Sherpa. I was certainly pleased with this stick. Nice and mellow.
    I had a Sherpa this morning! They are much better with about 9 months rest!