Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    La Aurora 1495. Very nice cigar that I believe would age nicely. Great taste throughout, amazing draw and burn, thumbs up on this one.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lakota72:
    I am enjoying an 1844 courtesy of my winnings from dbeckom. Thanks buddy this is a real nice smoke.
    I love em. Wishing I had bought 2 more boxes...the 2 I have won't last long!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Just lit up an LFD DL Chisel with about 3 years on it.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    San Lotano habano...yummy!
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    amz1301:

Interested to know how those are with so much age. I love em but never aged one before.

601 blue torp with the og band. So its got to have at least a year on it. Always love these.
  • Options
    oliva o havent had one in awhile
  • Options
    gaberox:
    amz1301:
    Interested to know how those are with so much age. I love em but never aged one before. 601 blue torp with the og band. So its got to have at least a year on it. Always love these.
    Very nice so far, perfect burn, no touchups, no harshness. Pinched the cap, draw is perfect. Very smooth tasting. First one I've had so none without age to compare it to.

• Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    dbeckom:
    KingoftheCove:
    Just got home (late for me for a Fri) - gotta BBQ some marinated skirt - so that means a "working" cigar - so that means old faithful - Gran Habano Vintage 2002 - gonna snip it with my Wolf Cutter (love that thing!) - paired with a RadlerMass

Undecided about after dinner smoke around the fire pit - have a Padilla Black Bear and Gurkha Titan ready to go, but there's this Padilla Sig. 1932 that has been staring at me for weeks now...........decide later.
    How are the Black Bears? I just ordered some from The Beard today!
    I love them - cool burning, yet burn perfectly - lots of smoke - nice mellow flavor profile - not overly complex (I couldn't probably tell if a cigar was complex yet anyways) - but solid tobacco flavor. They look a bit menacing, but it's a medium body smoke in my opinion.
    Very consistent - no issues on any that I've smoked.
    Give yourself time, I've had them go 2 hours.
    My humi is at 65/66, and I dry box these 12-24 hours - perfect.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    donkey droppings
  • Options
    amz1301:
    gaberox:
    amz1301:

Interested to know how those are with so much age. I love em but never aged one before.

601 blue torp with the og band. So its got to have at least a year on it. Always love these.
    Very nice so far, perfect burn, no touchups, no harshness. Pinched the cap, draw is perfect. Very smooth tasting. First one I've had so none without age to compare it to.

Oh yeah I reckognize that older band, nice! If I was more wealthy LFD could take up lots of space in my humi. As it is they are a much too rare treat. Great pics, thanks.
  • Options
    KingoftheCove:
    dbeckom:
    KingoftheCove:
    Just got home (late for me for a Fri) - gotta BBQ some marinated skirt - so that means a "working" cigar - so that means old faithful - Gran Habano Vintage 2002 - gonna snip it with my Wolf Cutter (love that thing!) - paired with a RadlerMass

Undecided about after dinner smoke around the fire pit - have a Padilla Black Bear and Gurkha Titan ready to go, but there's this Padilla Sig. 1932 that has been staring at me for weeks now...........decide later.
    I love them - cool burning, yet burn perfectly - lots of smoke - nice mellow flavor profile - not overly complex (I couldn't probably tell if a cigar was complex yet anyways) - but solid tobacco flavor. They look a bit menacing, but it's a medium body smoke in my opinion.
    Thanks! I love the Golden Bear, so I figured the Black Bear would be great too. The PA Broadleaf should be a tasty addition to the '68 filler blend!

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Started the night with an Epernay Le Elegance, now smoking an 8-5-8 Sungrown from last year's release. Both are great.
  • Options
    dbeckom:
    KingoftheCove:
    dbeckom:
    KingoftheCove:

Thanks! I love the Golden Bear, so I figured the Black Bear would be great too. The PA Broadleaf should be a tasty addition to the '68 filler blend!
    My pleasure - and you helped make up my mind!
    Black Bear it is for the evening smoke!

• Options
    A note to the wind. Thanks for half ruining another cigar. My coveted original 601 blue.

PS I hate you..
  • Options
    ltherronltherron Posts: 60
    Just finished off as San Miguel. Very smooth and creamy with a lot of smoke, only my 2nd one and I think I will be getting a few more. On a side note My 5ct Herf-a-dor is holding strong after 2 months with a pillow inside. Only drawback is it’s a 5ct, I will be investing in a 10 or 15 count in the future.
  • Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    I started the evening with a MOW box pressed from a sampler tin I received Thursday. I just lit a MOW box pressed Ruination. I see why everybody is so high on AJ. I placed an order for two boxes of the Puro Authenico. I can't wait until they arrive as I think I have just found my favorite brand of cigars.

I just posted this in the wrong discussion of "What did you get today." I guess it's time to put up the bourbon.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Duke2:
    I started the evening with a MOW box pressed from a sampler tin I received Thursday. I just lit a MOW box pressed Ruination. I see why everybody is so high on AJ. I placed an order for two boxes of the Puro Authenico. I can't wait until they arrive as I think I have just found my favorite brand of cigars.

I just posted this in the wrong discussion of "What did you get today." I guess it's time to put up the bourbon.
    lol, it happens
  • Options
    kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    Working on a Tat Havana IV Nobles

damn fine so far
  • Options
    Next up, San Lotano Maduro
  • Options
    KingoftheCove:
    dbeckom:
    KingoftheCove:
    dbeckom:
    KingoftheCove:

My pleasure - and you helped make up my mind!
    Black Bear it is for the evening smoke!

Interesting - this Black Bear has some pepper, more than any other I've had so far .......just an observation.....I'm not usually a "pepper" fan.....but that;s OK - the stick is still dang good.

• Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    3 cigar night by the fire. First a La Aurora Sapphire then a San Lotano Habano followed by a La Veija. Very good night. Tho the beer was "lassy esk" with Miller High-life Lite. :)
  • Options
    kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    deep into the final third of this Tat. Just finished listening to the stream of Phish at Outside lands. Good night for this guy.
  • Options
    Just finished a Gurkha Triple Ligero, good draw, good ash, good burn, nice smoke, thought it was more of a medium than a full bodied, although at the end it got very peppery.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Had a CAO Soprano Boss tonight... Not that impresses. Especially for the price. Luckily mine was gift.
  • Options
    mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    So far today I've had an Oliva G, punisher and Kuba Kuba........lets see whats next
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    mfotis:
    So far today I've had an Oliva G, punisher and Kuba Kuba........lets see whats next
    That's a good smoking day.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Herfed a DPG Tobacos Baez in the 5 x 50 tonight with JonathanE.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    5 Vegas Miami M5

• Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Tonight my plans include a CAO Odyssey 2001, and a My Father Le Bijou 1922 with about 6 months on it.
  • Options
    Just took the steak off the grill, after that its a Gurkha Triple Ligero