Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    Tonight we had a thunderstorm that dropped the temp from 103 to 73 degrees. First rain we have had in 11 months. Sat outside on the porch and had a Cohiba Red Dot Puro Dominicana Robusto and watched the rain. I am now enjoying an Ave Maria St. George with three fingers of bourbon. Nice way to end the evening.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    j0z3r:
    docbp87:
    Smoked the first stick from the box of 2002 La Gloria Cubana Medaille D'or No. 1's I got yesterday... HOLY ****. I have smoked some great cigars in my short time into this hobby... but this is one of the absolute best. The complexity of flavors was off the chart, floral, perfume, milk chocolate, almonds, honey... and smooth, and mild the whole way. Draw was perfect, just a touch of resistance. If only I had the patience to let all of my cigars get almost a decade of age, dammit.
    That's a great pickup, only have had one LGC, but it was fantastic and not terribly old. I have a box of '01 Hoyo de Monterey du Dauphin coming pretty soon, really excited for those. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of your LGC box though.
    Nice. The French line are some of my favorite cigars coming from the island these days. I have my eye on a 50 cab of Hoyo Des Dieux from 2003... just have to convince my wallet that I need them.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I smoked a lot of Sherpas a few years ago years ago. But I haven't had any for a while. I never kept them long enough to age. I would smoke one every time I cut the grass. One bundle a summer.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    La Aurora preferido maduro, have to make up for the dissapointing 5 vegas gold maduro,
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    docbp87:
    j0z3r:
    docbp87:
    Smoked the first stick from the box of 2002 La Gloria Cubana Medaille D'or No. 1's I got yesterday... HOLY ****. I have smoked some great cigars in my short time into this hobby... but this is one of the absolute best. The complexity of flavors was off the chart, floral, perfume, milk chocolate, almonds, honey... and smooth, and mild the whole way. Draw was perfect, just a touch of resistance. If only I had the patience to let all of my cigars get almost a decade of age, dammit.
    That's a great pickup, only have had one LGC, but it was fantastic and not terribly old. I have a box of '01 Hoyo de Monterey du Dauphin coming pretty soon, really excited for those. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of your LGC box though.
    Nice. The French line are some of my favorite cigars coming from the island these days. I have my eye on a 50 cab of Hoyo Des Dieux from 2003... just have to convince my wallet that I need them.
    You might be able to convince my wallet that I need 25 if you are looking to do a split.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    JdN 1970n Antano. Loved it.
  • Options
    Now I'm headed home to fire up a San Lotano Habano. I'm trying SOOOO hard to let em age, but I'm just not that strong willed yet. Love these freakin things.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I spent about 5 hours at a Studio Tobac event and smoked 2 Cain Nub Maduro and LP T-52 and a LHCOF
  • Options
    Just finished an Olivia Serie G Cameroon Toro, I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    docbp87:
    Russ55:
    V lancero.
    Delicious.
    Yeah, the size is really good, and it's grown on me. I might have to get a box.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Currently smoking my first diesel shorty. Super chewy and enjoyable. I'm sure the Laphroaig has nothing to do with it
  • Options
    ShotgunJohn:
    I spent about 5 hours at a Studio Tobac event and smoked 2 Cain Nub Maduro and LP T-52 and a LHCOF
    That's 5 pretty serious cigars in 5 hours!
  • Options
    about to fire up a Tatuaje Havana VI
  • Options
    BigT06:
    about to fire up a Tatuaje Havana VI
    About 45 min into this Tatuaje, and I just wanna say, for the record, that cigars like this one are what keeps me excited about smoking cigars. Excellent.
  • Options
    dennisking:
    I'm sure the Laphroaig has nothing to do with it
    My all time fav scotch. So frigging good.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    j0z3r:
    rwheelwright:
    I smoked the last of my 5 Vegas what I think they were minis (came in a tin; maybe 5 in the tin. Got them free for spending a certain amount). They are about the size of the Upmann Demitasse but in a torpedo shape. I got them at least 3 years ago, maybe more. Every single one was consistent. And what I mean about consistant is that every one had tar buildup no matter where I cut it. Within 10 minutes I had tar. I would cut more and alas I would get more tar!
    Ah, the Shorties. That was a short lived gimmick (pun intended), how long were they around, a year, 18 months?
    You got me. I tried looking for them online but couldn't find them. I'll take the Upmann anyday over these.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    BigT06:
    ShotgunJohn:
    That's 5 pretty serious cigars in 5 hours!
    It was only 4 but they were delicious 2 Cain, 1 LP T-52 and 1 LHCOF
  • Options
    Just finished a Maxx by Alec Bradley. It didn't have a consistent burn.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    j0z3r:
    rwheelwright:
    I smoked the last of my 5 Vegas what I think they were minis (came in a tin; maybe 5 in the tin. Got them free for spending a certain amount). They are about the size of the Upmann Demitasse but in a torpedo shape. I got them at least 3 years ago, maybe more. Every single one was consistent. And what I mean about consistant is that every one had tar buildup no matter where I cut it. Within 10 minutes I had tar. I would cut more and alas I would get more tar!
    Ah, the Shorties. That was a short lived gimmick (pun intended), how long were they around, a year, 18 months?
    You got me. I tried looking for them online but couldn't find them. I'll take the Upmann anyday over these.
    Yeah, me too. The Shorty just wasn't very good...I thought it was at the time, but not anymore. I think I've got a full tin somewhere.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st up a la aroma de cuba robusto
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Just got home (late for me for a Fri) - gotta BBQ some marinated skirt - so that means a "working" cigar - so that means old faithful - Gran Habano Vintage 2002 - gonna snip it with my Wolf Cutter (love that thing!) - paired with a RadlerMass

Undecided about after dinner smoke around the fire pit - have a Padilla Black Bear and Gurkha Titan ready to go, but there's this Padilla Sig. 1932 that has been staring at me for weeks now...........decide later.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    Just got home (late for me for a Fri) - gotta BBQ some marinated skirt - so that means a "working" cigar - so that means old faithful - Gran Habano Vintage 2002 - gonna snip it with my Wolf Cutter (love that thing!) - paired with a RadlerMass

Undecided about after dinner smoke around the fire pit - have a Padilla Black Bear and Gurkha Titan ready to go, but there's this Padilla Sig. 1932 that has been staring at me for weeks now...........decide later.
    How are the Black Bears? I just ordered some from The Beard today!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    next up a zino platinum grand master
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Just finished the second week of my new job; reasonably sure I'm not going to be fired come Monday, so I decided to fire up a GOF Carlito churchill I've been saving for the past 6mo and enjoy a glass of some Bailey's irish cream (first time trying it - this stuff is delicious; like liquid candy)
  • Options
    BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    xmacro:
    Just finished the second week of my new job; reasonably sure I'm not going to be fired come Monday, so I decided to fire up a GOF Carlito churchill I've been saving for the past 6mo and enjoy a glass of some Bailey's irish cream (first time trying it - this stuff is delicious; like liquid candy)

IT always goes in my morning coffee. Buy the bigger bottle as you will become an addict.

Smoking a year old Padilla Miami smoking beautifully.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    BlueRings:
    xmacro:

IT always goes in my morning coffee. Buy the bigger bottle as you will become an addict.

Smoking a year old Padilla Miami smoking beautifully.
    Yep Baileys or Emmets in coffee is a beautiful thing and this is coming from a guy who drinks his coffee black no sugar.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    I am enjoying an 1844 courtesy of my winnings from dbeckom. Thanks buddy this is a real nice smoke.
  • Options
    Had a Partagas Super Partagas after work, great flavor in a young cigar, perfect for a daily smoker. Just lit up a Kristoff Maduro robusto, the regular maduro is my favorite of the bunch, not really a fan of the ligero blend in either wrapper when compared to the standard blend.
  • Options
    Husker44Husker44 Posts: 172
    Diesel Shorty tonight
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Macanudo Robusto