Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Almost finished with a very nice Padron. Honestly not sure exactly what it is as it was a gift from RCY Cigars, and its my first Padron, but its very nice!
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Sitting at north shore on my second smoke. A EP shortrun 10, now a anejo shark.
  • greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    Robusto no 3.
    I haven't smoked a Maximus yet. I had one in my humi, but I sent it to a friend.
  • Padilla1932--one of my favorites
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Smoking my 1960's JARL oil hardened briar right now, burning a local tobacconist's blend called "Poe's Blend", it's a dark, smokey English blend. Loving my pipes lately.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Smoking my 1960's JARL oil hardened briar right now, burning a local tobacconist's blend called "Poe's Blend", it's a dark, smokey English blend. Loving my pipes lately.
    That sounds nice, sending PM
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Just fired up an LHCOF Toro, they never disappoint.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started the evening off with a Augusto Reyes Nativo Corona with about 2 1/2 years while BBQing, then had a JdN Antano 1970 Gran Reseva (very nice smoke) and then a La Riqueza that had about a year on it. Paired them with about a dozen Shock Tops, so it was a good evening.........
    Cusano 59 rc. Love it.
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    BigT06:
    Cusano 59 rc. Love it.
    I've got one of those resting, been eyeing it up.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    Cusano 59 rc. Love it.
    I've got the one you sent me resting up. I've only had one of these, the one from the July COTM...it was good, but it wasn't great. I read how you love the RC and it makes me look forward to my re-visit.

As for Cameroons, have you had the La Pearla Habana Morado? It's one of my favorite Cam's out there!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
    dbeckom:
    BigT06:
    Cusano 59 rc. Love it.
    I've got the one you sent me resting up. I've only had one of these, the one from the July COTM...it was good, but it wasn't great. I read how you love the RC and it makes me look forward to my re-visit.

As for Cameroons, have you had the La Pearla Habana Morado? It's one of my favorite Cam's out there!
    the Cusano 59 is just a solid, medium bobied, full flavored stick with good balance and enough complexity to keep it interesting, while maintaining that underlying cameroon sweetness.

and yes, I really enjoy the LPH Morado too. Another one of my fav cams, and prob the best value in premium cameroon wrapped cigars, imho.

I keep and entire tray in my big humi dedicated to those 2 sticks alone.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Finished the night with a Graycliff DE and an EL Titan
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Had my first Padilla Single Batch #RC17. It was a cheap smoke, so I wasn't expecting the world. It was so-so. More mild than I expected, but it definitely had that great flavor that I'd expect from the brand, just not enough of that flavor.
    JudoChinX:
    Had my first Padilla Single Batch #RC17. It was a cheap smoke, so I wasn't expecting the world. It was so-so. More mild than I expected, but it definitely had that great flavor that I'd expect from the brand, just not enough of that flavor.
    I agree. Very light pack for such a big cigar (I got the 58rg) and very loose draw. Good flavors though. Worth the 2 bucks for sure, but the first time I tryed a Fonseca Arana... well, I started giving the pad sb away. Lol. At that price point the arana is just a better everyday hobano wrapped cigar, in pretty much every way. Especially in the corona size.
  • e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    Had my first ccom house blend Sun Grown Label last night, very good smoke. I believe I will try another house blend tonight, still deciding which one I want to try next.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    BigT06:
    JudoChinX:
    I agree. Very light pack for such a big cigar (I got the 58rg) and very loose draw. Good flavors though. Worth the 2 bucks for sure, but the first time I tryed a Fonseca Arana... well, I started giving the pad sb away. Lol. At that price point the arana is just a better everyday hobano wrapped cigar, in pretty much every way. Especially in the corona size.
    I went with the standard Toro. Wonder how the other size compares. I'll give it a shot one of these days.
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    had a airbender w/ nearly a year resting in my humi. the time really does wonders for mellowing it out. ihad the big guy, 58-60r. thoroughly enjoyed it. funny, its the 1st out of 4 that hasnt knocked me down, they were all w/out rest thou...... like i said aging mellows this stick. still incredible flavor but much more even.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Last Night I started with a Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial and finished off with a Graycliff Platinum Edicion Limitada
  • MarmicoMarmico Posts: 93
    JudoChinX:
    BigT06:
    JudoChinX:
    I went with the standard Toro. Wonder how the other size compares. I'll give it a shot one of these days.
    Personally I preferred the smaller ring gauge, I felt it brought the wrapper's natural flavor. For the price, it's a decent enough stick, especially when it had free shipping! ;) A good mid-day cigar though, great while reading.
    About 3 months ago a got some AF Don Carlos Presidente. In about 6 hours 1 is going down.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greg2648:
    About 3 months ago a got some AF Don Carlos Presidente. In about 6 hours 1 is going down.
    Never had a Don Carlos, but from what I read you're in for a treat!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Had a Diesel Unlimited corona today. Even after almost a year these things have a ton of spice. Good cigar, wish AJ made more of his sticks in this size as regular production items.
    A 2009 La Verite Churchill with a couple of months on it and a can of Murphys.
    AB Family Blend, Thanks Krieg, these are good
    CI Lab Blend XX-5552
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    RP Fusion churchill with over a year on it. So far its much better than the others Ive smoked with little to no rest. Not sure its interesting enough to get me through a whole churchill but we will see.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Carlos Torano Vigoroso. Excellent cigar. If anyone wants to offload any please let me know.
    I agree!!! The "Virtuoso" is really good!!!!