jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st up a el cubano by manny lopez ( local) 5 year anny. maduro robusto
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    stephen_hannibal:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Just lit a SWAG from the COTMC. What a huge borefest.

Thank GOD a rainstorm rolled in. That cigar is a huge waste of tobacco.
    I've never been happier to dunk a cigar in my coffee and call it a day.

I felt the same way.
    Do you guys think time will do anything for it?
    Probably not, but who's to say?
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Alec Bradley American Classic
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alec Bradley Pryme Robusto, need to pick up more of these
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    docbp87:
    You are reviewing this right.

• Options
    Having my first San Cristobal thanks to ENFIDL... So far so good
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    stephen_hannibal:
    stephen_hannibal:

I felt the same way.
    I had one that was pretty fresh and didn't care much for it, then recently I had one with a few months rest...though I wasn't blown away by it, it was pretty a decent stick. I have one more to try in a few more months.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    dbeckom:
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    stephen_hannibal:
    stephen_hannibal:

I felt the same way.
    I had one that was pretty fresh and didn't care much for it, then recently I had one with a few months rest...though I wasn't blown away by it, it was pretty a decent stick. I have one more to try in a few more months.
    good to know, the 1 i have ill try in a couple more months , i knew id been holding off on those for a a reason,lol
  • Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    docbp87:

Stephen Hannibal... mind reader! Yeah, I am. Will post when done, later tonight.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Gurkha Park Ave
  • Options
    next up a rocky patel gran vida maduro toro
  • Options
    docbp87:
    stephen_hannibal:
    docbp87:

Stephen Hannibal... mind reader! Yeah, I am. Will post when done, later tonight.
    I was just about to ask the same! I can't to hear your thoughts doc.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    docbp87:
    stephen_hannibal:
    docbp87:

Good... been waiting for a review of these.

• Options
    Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real
  • Options
    Ave Maria Clermont...by far my favorite vitola in the line!

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    tonight i had a diesel shorty that i got from jozer he had it since 11/18/10 Photobucket great smoke if i say so myself!
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Verdadero Organic - like I promised on some thread recently (don't remember which one) and I'll post notes on it when I find out.
  • Options
    jlmarta:
    Verdadero Organic - like I promised on some thread recently (don't remember which one) and I'll post notes on it when I find out.
    I'll give you my notes... Robitussin and day old vomit.
  • Options
    docbp87:
    jlmarta:
    with moldy raisins? lol
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    RP SG, Starting very nice
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    jlmarta:

Oh, poo! Are you tryin' to say you didn't like 'em? Hhmmm.
  • Options
    Smoking a Gran Habano 3SLS (new blend/band) that I got from DBeckom. Thanks again man, this smoke is legit!
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    AJGARLETT:
    Smoking a Gran Habano 3SLS (new blend/band) that I got from DBeckom. Thanks again man, this smoke is legit!
    I really enjoy the GHV2002, but I've never tried the 3SLS. Every time I think I'm going to buy some, a new DD comes up that I just can't resist... lol.

all I've heard are good things, though. Maybe one day I will get around to actually buying some. lol
  • Options
    BigT06:
    AJGARLETT:
    I really enjoy the GHV2002, but I've never tried the 3SLS. Every time I think I'm going to buy some, a new DD comes up that I just can't resist... lol.

all I've heard are good things, though. Maybe one day I will get around to actually buying some. lol
    AJ, I think I also sent you one of the original GH without the bottom "3SLS" band. It's from the original release from '07...they're even better than the newer release with the 2nd band. Time does this cigar really well.

BigT, I've got some for you. I can either ship em to you or just hand em over when we go to the SE Herf...your choice.

• Options
    dbeckom:
    BigT06:
    AJGARLETT:

AJ, I think I also sent you one of the original GH without the bottom "3SLS" band. It's from the original release from '07...they're even better than the newer release with the 2nd band. Time does this cigar really well.

BigT, I've got some for you. I can either ship em to you or just hand em over when we go to the SE Herf...your choice.
    You sure did send me an original! Im going to let that one sit about a year before I touch it. From what you (and others) say about the older blend....time can really make those a VERY nice smoke!
  • Options
    AJGARLETT:
    dbeckom:
    BigT06:
    AJGARLETT:

You sure did send me an original! Im going to let that one sit about a year before I touch it. From what you (and others) say about the older blend....time can really make those a VERY nice smoke!
    Smoke it! I'll send you another one to keep! That'll show you what the newer ones will be like with some age.

• Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    smoked a LP T52 what a great smoke, I wish Drew Estate would develop more new traditional sticks.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    ShotgunJohn:
    smoked a LP T52 what a great smoke, I wish Drew Estate would develop more new traditional sticks.
    agreed. I have never smoked a LP... I was very generously given one by RCY Cigars, but I'm trying very hard to let it rest a while...

however, I can fully agree with what you said about DE. I am not a fan of infused cigars as a general rule, but there is no denying the knowledge and skill that the guys at DE put into their cigars. I too just wish they had more traditional stuff to choose from. It would be super great to see a sub $6 traditional stick imho.
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Had another Padilla Single Batch #RC17 and had a much better experience this time. Really enjoyed it! Looking forward to getting some of these in the Toro Grande size from BigT06 in a trade this week!