Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    MarmicoMarmico Posts: 93
    j0z3r:
    Marmico:
    j0z3r:
    Marmico:
    Had a My Father last night, had my first 5 Vegas Limitada 2010 tonight. I was a bit disappointed with the My Father, but I'm pretty sure it was just a bad stick. I was thoroughly impressed by the Limitada, I will always be keeping them in my humidor, if I can.
    The My Father really needs some time to shine, I'd recommend no less than 12 months, and more in the neighborhood of 24-30+ months. Recently I smoked one that had right around 2 years and it was fantastic, smooth, complex and just bursting with flavor. Your patience will be rewarded.
    I appreciate the suggestion, I'll have to get some more and set them aside for a good while. Its hard to imagine aging something for 2 years, since I haven't even been smoking for two years! Do you feel the same aging is needed for the Le Bijou?
    I haven't had the experience with the Le Bijou to say how much time it needs, but I do feel it needs at least a year. That's my opinion though, I can't really say if you would agree. I will say that in general DPG cigars tend to do well with time, so you can't really go wrong aging any of his blends.
    Any advice is good advice. My palate has advanced far faster than my knowledge of the industry or of cigars. I can pick out every little nuance, but I don't know the first thing about why they're in that particular cigar. Speaking of which, I think I'm going to cap the night off with a Prensado. :)
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    My first Casa Fuente Lancero. Well, my first Casa Fuente anything. As soon as I lit the cigar it cracked all the way up for about an inch and a half with the binder bulging out. After it got past that point everything was fine. I don't think it affected the flavor. I have to say that I wasn't really impressed. I have one left but will age that one for a few years probably unless I have the money and opportunity to get some more.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    LFD Cameroon Cabinet #1. Wonderful cigar.
    Band or no band? I'm curious about the recent banded batch.
    Band. Heh. Now I'm curious about the unbanded. Are the Banded ones still in production? I could definitely see a cab purchase, or split in the future.
    As far as I know, the banded ones are newer production, I don't know if they're making more or if they're done.
    That's what I thought. I hope this is a regular production item for a while. If you're interested, I'll swap you a banded for and unbanded.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    5 Vegas "A" from JudoChinX. Good stick.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    LFD Cameroon Cabinet #1. Wonderful cigar.
    Band or no band? I'm curious about the recent banded batch.
    Band. Heh. Now I'm curious about the unbanded. Are the Banded ones still in production? I could definitely see a cab purchase, or split in the future.
    As far as I know, the banded ones are newer production, I don't know if they're making more or if they're done.
    That's what I thought. I hope this is a regular production item for a while. If you're interested, I'll swap you a banded for and unbanded.
    Sounds good.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Diesel
  • Options
    ltherronltherron Posts: 60
    Just pulled a MOW ruination with 2 years and a trip across the pond on it, wrapper was nice and yellow. Ill post the reasoning in the special cigar thread after I enjoy it.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st up a pinar del rio sun grown habano lancero
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perdomo Habano Maduro

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Fuente Chateau Fuente Maddy courtesy of jj20030. Just a downright solid rothschild sized maduro. Fuente is pretty much always on for me though. Thanks dude!
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Just lit up a G.A.R. courtesy AJGARLETT. Thanks again brother.
  • Options
    BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    Viaje WLP wow a few months later and this still knocks my d.ick in the dirt.
  • Options
    next up a bahia maduro torp.
  • Options
    docbp87:
    Fuente Chateau Fuente Maddy courtesy of jj20030. Just a downright solid rothschild sized maduro. Fuente is pretty much always on for me though. Thanks dude!
    they are always on arnt they!, i love all the ones ive ever had,thanks for the pinar del rio sungrown habano lancero, it was right on
  • Options
    AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    amz1301:
    No problem bro! Please let me know how (and if) you like it!

Currently puffing on a SWAG, I think they did a disservice to this cigar with the name....its actually pretty solid and putting out a ton of smoke. Not really complex but good flavor to it.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MOW Puro Authentico. This one is very oily so the burn is not the best, but the flavor is awesome...very spicy!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    going to try my first MOW virtue
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    RyJ Reserve Maduro
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Diesel corona. Awesome stick, awesome blender, awesome VITOLA!
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MOW PA.
  • Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    I enjoyed a San Lotano Oval Robusto from my order that arrived today. Great flavor and a even burn. Lots of smoke as well.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Onyx reserve,,nice stick
  • Options
    MonteWhiteMonteWhite Posts: 200
    pbchevo:
    going to try my first MOW virtue
    Lit up one of these as well.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    AJGARLETT:
    amz1301:
    No problem bro! Please let me know how (and if) you like it!

Currently puffing on a SWAG, I think they did a disservice to this cigar with the name....its actually pretty solid and putting out a ton of smoke. Not really complex but good flavor to it.
    Pretty good, smoked er' to the nub. Been reading some good things on the SWAG.
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Smoked a Brickhouse on 26 holes of golf tonight. Tight draw but decent smoke.
  • Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    San Lotano Habano toro, thanks to my man Andy D. Great cigar! Love these things.
  • Options
    nUb conn.

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Graycliff DE.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a Gurkha empire series 1 and a Final Blend Toro.
    The Final Blend was amazing.

• Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    RP Decade. One of my favs.