Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    RCY Cigars:
    BigT06:
    Illusione Epernay. Amazing. Thanks Rick!

Man, you waste no time, lol. Glad you like it, BlueRings put me on to those. Stay away from that guy. He's just as bad as Kuzi with reviews. If he likes it, you'll buy it. If he doesn't, well you still might try it. But you'll be hesitant at first, lol. Hope you enjoy the rest of them.
    I don't waste time on anything that comes sans cello. I simply don't have a humi set up with enough dividers to keep singles without cello safe from mixing with each other...

sounds like a legit enough reason, right?? lol

truth be told, I started drooling the min I looked at the stick... I'm actually amazed it made it this long LOL!
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carlos Tora

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Park Ave maddy. Started great, but was frought with burn issues by the 2nd third and never got itself together (despite my desperate attempts lol). Shame, it started out very nice!
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    BigT06:
    fla-gypsy:
    Today's line up: 0530- Carlos Torano 1959 Exodus Silver, 0800-Jdn Fuerte Series B, 1130- Cu-Avana Intenso Gordo, 1600- Perdomo Habano, 2000- AJ Fresh Rolled ROTT. Very good variety today!
    how was the Fresh rolled AJ?
    It is not going to blow anyone away but it is a decent everyday stick. I put my thoughts in the thread currently going on it
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st up a macanudo conny corona
  • Options
    Just left Casa Fuente in Vegas...Had a Mojito and a Casa Fuente House Blend....EXCELLENT COMBO
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    LFD Cameroon Cabinet #1. Wonderful cigar.
  • Options
    next up a macanudo vintage 97 maduro
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    jj20030:
    Love those. Got another 5r on the way.

Im going to try a Tat. Fausto tonight.
  • Options
    Cuba Libre One

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    Band or no band? I'm curious about the recent banded batch.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Perdomo Maduro Tenth Anniversary Robusto and A Cuba Libre Brute, both good solid smokes. I'd recommend these to anyone.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    cain daytona (Edit) this one is a corona and so far this is my favorite vitola. zesty!!
  • Options
    t_evan50:
    jj20030:
    Love those. Got another 5r on the way.

Im going to try a Tat. Fausto tonight.
    right on, this is gettin chewy, yummy
  • Options
    A well rested 5 Vegas Cask strength II , yummy stick :)
  • Options
    Herfin'' Chef:
    A well rested 5 Vegas Cask strength II , yummy stick :)
    Great choice! I love the Cask Strenght!

• Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    cao brazil another great maduro from cao
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Just finished a 5 Vegas AAA that's been in the humidor since March.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Romeo Y Julieta 1875 Bully.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    Band. Heh. Now I'm curious about the unbanded. Are the Banded ones still in production? I could definitely see a cab purchase, or split in the future.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Earlier this afternoon I partcipated in a Ghurkha C-10... Nice smoke, took a long time though!
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    RCY Cigars:
    Just finished a 5 Vegas AAA that's been in the humidor since March.

I need to try one of those here soon. Been hearing good things about it...got me thinking there RCY.
  • Options
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    Band. Heh. Now I'm curious about the unbanded. Are the Banded ones still in production? I could definitely see a cab purchase, or split in the future.
    As far as I know, the banded ones are newer production, I don't know if they're making more or if they're done.
  • Options
    MarmicoMarmico Posts: 93
    Had a My Father last night, had my first 5 Vegas Limitada 2010 tonight. I was a bit disappointed with the My Father, but I'm pretty sure it was just a bad stick. I was thoroughly impressed by the Limitada, I will always be keeping them in my humidor, if I can.
  • Options
    Marmico:
    Had a My Father last night, had my first 5 Vegas Limitada 2010 tonight. I was a bit disappointed with the My Father, but I'm pretty sure it was just a bad stick. I was thoroughly impressed by the Limitada, I will always be keeping them in my humidor, if I can.
    The My Father really needs some time to shine, I'd recommend no less than 12 months, and more in the neighborhood of 24-30+ months. Recently I smoked one that had right around 2 years and it was fantastic, smooth, complex and just bursting with flavor. Your patience will be rewarded.
  • Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    Tonight I am having a Diesel Unlimited with several pours of Bulleit Rye.
  • Options
    napalmnapalm Posts: 50
    Padron 1926 no.6 natty. Pretty pretty pretty good
  • Options
    MarmicoMarmico Posts: 93
    j0z3r:
    Marmico:
    The My Father really needs some time to shine, I'd recommend no less than 12 months, and more in the neighborhood of 24-30+ months. Recently I smoked one that had right around 2 years and it was fantastic, smooth, complex and just bursting with flavor. Your patience will be rewarded.
    I appreciate the suggestion, I'll have to get some more and set them aside for a good while. Its hard to imagine aging something for 2 years, since I haven't even been smoking for two years! Do you feel the same aging is needed for the Le Bijou?
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    CAO La Traviata!
  • Options
    Marmico:
    j0z3r:
    Marmico:
    I appreciate the suggestion, I'll have to get some more and set them aside for a good while. Its hard to imagine aging something for 2 years, since I haven't even been smoking for two years! Do you feel the same aging is needed for the Le Bijou?
    I haven't had the experience with the Le Bijou to say how much time it needs, but I do feel it needs at least a year. That's my opinion though, I can't really say if you would agree. I will say that in general DPG cigars tend to do well with time, so you can't really go wrong aging any of his blends.