Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• ltherronltherron Posts: 60
    Sitting at my desk rolling and smelling an acid 5 in my hand. I think its time for an hour long smoke break..
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Uh its 95 outside. Do I dare?
  • ltherronltherron Posts: 60
    Acid 5 was good, flavor was nice and what I expect from an Acid but lacked the punch I like. Needs some dark rum or heavy beer the next time I have one.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I smoked another 1844, a little rest has really brought these around.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    changed my mind on the lhc core and san lotano habano, so will split them up, 1st up tonight a lhc dos capos and a san lotano habano, tomorrow ill pair up the lhc core
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    EP Short Run 2010. Not a bad smoke at all. Way better than the Core Lines I've tried.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    DPG Cuban classic, with plume. One of my all time favorites, never disappoints. Paired with some red stripe, perfect forma beautiful summer night.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    1844. My tenth. Very consistent and enjoyable.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Pura Sangre Churchhill ... took over an hour and a half . I'm not sure how long these have been out but this one was gifted to me by the owner of one of my local B&M's today so it was fresh !

This is supposed to be Nestor Plasencia's personal blend . I can tell you this , fresh from the b&m , personal blend or not , this is a dang great cigar. A Nicaraguan Puro . For you Nic tobacco lovers this is a MUST try . Construction and burn was spot on , I was nursing some rum along with it , and was taking my time , just enjoying the breeze and my deck and this thing never offered to come close to going out or a uneven burn. Flavor was very very good , earthy ,leather , and a hint of something else I can't quite put my finger on . Tons and tons of creamy smoke . Yeah that might be the other flavor , like a creamy earthy smoke . Anyways , I'm no Kuzi at doing reviews , he's the expert , but guys this one is worth paying for !!!
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    Pura Sangre Churchhill ... took over an hour and a half . I'm not sure how long these have been out but this one was gifted to me by the owner of one of my local B&M's today so it was fresh !

This is supposed to be Nestor Plasencia's personal blend . I can tell you this , fresh from the b&m , personal blend or not , this is a dang great cigar. A Nicaraguan Puro . For you Nic tobacco lovers this is a MUST try . Construction and burn was spot on , I was nursing some rum along with it , and was taking my time , just enjoying the breeze and my deck and this thing never offered to come close to going out or a uneven burn. Flavor was very very good , earthy ,leather , and a hint of something else I can't quite put my finger on . Tons and tons of creamy smoke . Yeah that might be the other flavor , like a creamy earthy smoke . Anyways , I'm no Kuzi at doing reviews , he's the expert , but guys this one is worth paying for !!!
    I smoked one of these the other night,, Yes I agree it was a good smoke, it did have a good flavor, however I didnt think it was worth the 7.00+ (I cant remember exactly) I payed at the B&M, feel there are many other cigars that are better in this price range. Just my opinion. If they could be found at 5 or under it would be something I would consider buying again..good review.One other note I smoked a smaller vitola, robusto i think
  • Tonight i had another 262 paradigm it is a fantastic cigar it aged about 2 weeks i know i cant let a cigar sit very long! it was a great smoke i enjoy these guys very much it was a robusto i have noticed since i have quit smoking cigarettes my palate has gotten better and i can taste so much more within my cigars!
    Smokin another special stick , a Ramone Allones, gifted by RCY,, first thing I noticed RCY was the yellow cellow..very nice, bout half way through
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    The Kid:
    Smokin another special stick , a Ramone Allones, gifted by RCY,, first thing I noticed RCY was the yellow cellow..very nice, bout half way through
    He gave me one as well, and the yellow cello was DEFINATELY the first thing I noticed.
  • Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    Having a LHC Core Robusto with a pour of AAA 10 y.o. Nice way to end the evening.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Rocky Patel Puro Cubano Toro, it's been resting since Feb 2010...
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    I'm about to bust out a San Lotano Habano. Hoping for good things!
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    JudoChinX:
    ?
    That is a great stick IMO. What was your thoughts on it Judo? Had a Oliva G last night, started off good then it was like one was smoking a wet piece of wood....
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    RampMonkey:
    JudoChinX:
    ?
    That is a great stick IMO. What was your thoughts on it Judo? Had a Oliva G last night, started off good then it was like one was smoking a wet piece of wood....
    Turned out great! Smooth wrapper, tight seems, minimal veins, lit easily, burned perfectly straight, and the draw was pretty good, though a bit on the tight side. It's only been resting for a couple weeks now, so certainly something that's very smokable rott. The cigar was pretty heavy and built solid. Burned nice and slow. I stopped with about 2 inches left and that brought my smoke time to an hour and ten mins. Flavors were great with a bit of pepper, not real strong, and some good earth and wood flavors. An excellent habano for certain.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Last night was a J.Fuego Origen Original. Nice cigar as always!
  • bipbip Posts: 483
    Smoked a Diamond Crown Maximus, sitting on the beach fishing in Galveston TX with my brother, sis-in-law ans some of their friends. Great night. Only thing missing was some dark beer. For some reason it's harder then hell to find it in Texas
    bip:
    Smoked a Diamond Crown Maximus, sitting on the beach fishing in Galveston TX with my brother, sis-in-law ans some of their friends. Great night. Only thing missing was some dark beer. For some reason it's harder then hell to find it in Texas
    Sounds like a good time bud!!Glad to hear from ya, take care!!
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Me and a buddy smoked an origen original and then follwed that with a punch double maduro. Good times.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Lasabar:
    Rocky Patel Puro Cubano Toro, it's been resting since Feb 2010...
    How was this, lassy? I have one in my humi that a buddy game to me a while back. I want to smoke it, but then I keep passing it over when its game time. I'm always in the modd for something else. Change my mind here, man. was it good?
    1st up a jaime garcia reserva especial toro
    next up, maybe nothing, dont think i can top the last one,
    well, f that, 1 more a af 858 maduro flor fina
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    601 Blue Label Maduro with 8 months rest. I kinda miss the spicy bite that these had when I first bought em, but it's super smooth and tasty now!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Padilla Cazadores. Fantastic smoke. I'm fallin' for these
  • Earlier a Nica Libre Diplomatico....and just finishing up a CAO La Traviata Maduro....darn fine smokes...
  • Just had a Padilla Miami with about a year on it and a glass of Jack Daniels Single Barrel. Good times.