Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    txpooltxpool Posts: 30
    I just lit a viaje satori, so far it's very good.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Meant to quote dbeckom "
    601 Blue Label Maduro with 8 months rest. I kinda miss the spicy bite that these had when I first bought em, but it's super smooth and tasty now!"

No secret 601 blue is one of my top 3. I do think the 08/09 vintages were the best for that cigar. They are still great just not quite as magical. I have one torp left with the original band Im hoarding.

Having a Kristoff criollo, very good but not even close to the maduro and I love criollo wrappers. Still a fine cigar. Need to try the ligero series Kristoffs.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gaberox:
    Meant to quote dbeckom " 601 Blue Label Maduro with 8 months rest. I kinda miss the spicy bite that these had when I first bought em, but it's super smooth and tasty now!" No secret 601 blue is one of my top 3. I do think the 08/09 vintages were the best for that cigar. They are still great just not quite as magical. I have one torp left with the original band Im hoarding. Having a Kristoff criollo, very good but not even close to the maduro and I love criollo wrappers. Still a fine cigar. Need to try the ligero series Kristoffs.
    You have a pm!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    PM replied..
  • Options
    AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    a 3 cigar day today as I waited for power to be restored in the area.

Gurkha European Selection Connecticut Churchill...developed some great flavors for a connie, pretty impressive!

CAO Sopranos Associate w/about 3 months rest...was pretty good, not complex but solid

Right now im working through a Cuba Libre One torpedo....its good, oily mouthfeel w/ a pepper finish that stays for about a minute, enjoying it so far!
  • Options
    Husker44Husker44 Posts: 172
    2fer tonight. Dominican cigar from a boutique in Punta Cana followed by an Oliva O
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LHCOF..never let's me down.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the jaime garcia was just great while i had a couple burn issues on the ar 858 but still a good smoke
  • Options
    jj20030:
    the jaime garcia was just great while i had a couple burn issues on the ar 858 but still a good smoke

those and the sirena have been on my to try list forever. Same with the Tempus maduro of which I was outbid for with under 1min left just now. Grrrrr!
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Today's line up: 0530- Carlos Torano 1959 Exodus Silver, 0800-Jdn Fuerte Series B, 1130- Cu-Avana Intenso Gordo, 1600- Perdomo Habano, 2000- AJ Fresh Rolled ROTT. Very good variety today!
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    fla-gypsy:
    Today's line up: 0530- Carlos Torano 1959 Exodus Silver, 0800-Jdn Fuerte Series B, 1130- Cu-Avana Intenso Gordo, 1600- Perdomo Habano, 2000- AJ Fresh Rolled ROTT. Very good variety today!
    how was the Fresh rolled AJ?
  • Options
    A little dissapointed with the Kristoff criollo. Perdomo 10th blows it away. Wish the perdomo came in a smaller rg than 54 bet it would be amazing 50/52.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    gaberox:
    A little dissapointed with the Kristoff criollo. Perdomo 10th blows it away. Wish the perdomo came in a smaller rg than 54 bet it would be amazing 50/52.
    I think a lancero would be amazing
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    gaberox:
    I think a lancero would be amazing

Agreed that wrapper is incredible, crisp and sweet, just a little spice. My top criollo behind the Tempus.
  • Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    Tonight's lineup started with a MoW PA and I am finishing the night with a Diesel Unlimited along with a pour of Four Roses Single Barrel.
  • Options
    Blue Label. Great cigars. can't beat em for the price.
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    est.1844 i do recommend!
  • Options
    napalmnapalm Posts: 50
    Passed on ruination and had the mow puro authentico, my god...my bank account will be depleted soon. Phenomenal stick. Getting a box ASAP
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    La Reloba toro and it's starting off nicely
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Oliva Master Blends 3 from January of LAST year... Shame it's my last one!
  • Options
    SpazzSpazz Posts: 22
    Tried the sol cubano cuban cabinet and i have to say its like the ruination i cannot say it is like any other cigar i have ever tasted. Very flavorful and full bodied imo.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Last Night I smoked a San Miguel and followed with a MOWPA
  • Options
    Tonight I celebrated my birthday with a Partagas black this afternoon and a GOF Don Carlos 2006 tonight.
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Last night I had a San Lotano Habano, so it only makes sense to give the San Lotano Maduro a shot tonight, especially considering that The Beard threw a couple freebies in with my recent order. What a guy and what a company. Love ccom.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    CAO Brazilia then a Siglo IV from 07
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    ShotgunJohn:
    Tonight I celebrated my birthday with a Partagas black this afternoon and a GOF Don Carlos 2006 tonight.
    Happy Birthday there ShotgunJohn!!!
  • Options
    The Kid:
    ShotgunJohn:
    Happy Birthday there ShotgunJohn!!!
    Thanks it was a good one.
  • Options
    Illusione Epernay. Amazing. Thanks Rick!
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    Illusione Epernay. Amazing. Thanks Rick!

Man, you waste no time, lol. Glad you like it, BlueRings put me on to those. Stay away from that guy. He's just as bad as Kuzi with reviews. If he likes it, you'll buy it. If he doesn't, well you still might try it. But you'll be hesitant at first, lol. Hope you enjoy the rest of them.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    AB sungrown... pretty good smoke.