Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    KingoftheCove:
    Flor de Oliva Robusto - dang good $2.00 stick!
    Next up?? - don't know yet - Diesel Shorty?
    DO IT and DO IT NOW! lol
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    KingoftheCove:
    Flor de Oliva Robusto - dang good $2.00 stick!
    Next up?? - don't know yet - Diesel Shorty?
    DO IT and DO IT NOW! lol
    hail yeaya, tomorrow i will, lol
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I had a fat Particulares and my favorite fresh roasted coffee for a nightcap
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    After some thought - decided to go with a LFD Double Ligero 600
    (this thing smells awesome!) - my first LFD - gotta go light it now!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I started my ride to VA with a armada perfecto. Burn was off so numerous relights were needed. Next was a graycliff professional from the cotm 6 months ago. It was squishy and got kinda bitter. Needed.numerous relights and had a messy ash. My final smoke was an opus ****. This needed a few touch-ups but nothing terrible. We'll see what tomorrow brings. I still have an armada toro grande, fuente magnum, nepalese warrior, 5V AAA and a lfd something or other left while I am down here.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Tonight I reached to the top shelf... A Camacho 10th Anniversary. What a great smoke. Flavor profile included coffee, leather and a nutty almond taste. A nice bite on the tongue as well. Thanks to RCY Cigars who sent this my way a few months ago. I was letting it rest after it's long trip from Germany. I got another that may not last.
  • Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    Tonight I am kicking back with a glass of AAA 10 y/o and a Diesel Unlimited.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Gran Habano Vintage 2002 Churchill, burn has significantly improved with 8 months rest. Very nice so far.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Firing up an el Titan redemption maddy. Less than 12hrs off the truck. My batch were just rolled Tuesday... so we will see how they are fresh!
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Smoked a bowl of my local shop's Latakia heavy English blend, Jackson Ward (one of the several blends they have named after historical areas of downtown Richmond). Great, smoky roasted meat and woody notes. Then I smoked a bowl of their black Cavendish. Only problem is I now have to rest both of my churchwardens, and am probably gonna want to use one tomorrow. Need more pipes.
  • Options
    BigT06:
    Firing up an el Titan redemption maddy. Less than 12hrs off the truck. My batch were just rolled Tuesday... so we will see how they are fresh!
    40 min in. Around the half way point. I'm scared to tell you guys how good this is.

Rick, thanks again for the head's up... and Isaac, trust me, you won't be disappointed!

EDIT: 1hr 15min to the nub. Thought about eating the nub...
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Started the evening with a Kristoff Ligero Criollo and finished with a LHCOF a great evening over all.
  • Options
    JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    BigT06:
    Thought about eating the nub...
    Haha, nice.

I will be smoking a Bahia Trinidad Maduro Robusto. I am strangely optimistic about this cigar despite the fact that I almost posted about my last Bahia on the GAR thread. My backup strategy in case this one grows legs and walks across the street is a Cusano 18 Paired Maduro Toro.

• Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sitting at the B&M with BigT and his brother TJ having a La Sirena with a Yuengling.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    dbeckom:
    Sitting at the B&M with BigT and his brother TJ having a La Sirena with a Yuengling.
    Sounds like a plan. I will be right over.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    a Camacho Coyolar (I think) mini perfecto that I got from Sniper as fall out from the Sniper hunters rampage. My first Camacho and so far so good. I like it. Thank you mr Sniper this little guy is going to be my study buddy for a while before I get started on a J Fuego Delirium.
  • Options
    Smoked a Carlos Torano cameroon first, good cigar. Smoking a Quesada Oktoberfest now. Great cigar.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perdomo Champagne Noir

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    Finished the Oktoberfest. Now on a Oliva Serie V lancero.
  • Options
    boydmcgowan:
    a Camacho Coyolar (I think) mini perfecto that I got from Sniper as fall out from the Sniper hunters rampage. My first Camacho and so far so good. I like it. Thank you mr Sniper this little guy is going to be my study buddy for a while before I get started on a J Fuego Delirium.
    The J fuego Delirium was pretty nice, didn't wow me, but I really enjoyed it. I don't know a thing about this cigar, because I picked it up on a whim and don't feel like looking it up, but it was a very simple looking dark cigar, with a spotty wrapper and an easy dray that gave a rustic feel to it. I'm guessing it was a maduro wrpaper, and I know he uses a lot of brazillian wrappers so maybe thats it. Regardless of what it is and where it came from, I really appreciate the fact that the wrapper was left spotty and there was nothing done to it to even out the color. All I know is that is was a very light medium bodied cigar with a lot of sweetness to it, and it was easy to retrohale almost all of it, when I felt like it.

I'm not really good with flavors, and I had the camacho first and I always pick up way less when I smoke two back to back, but my wife just made a dark chocolate cake with dark chocolate gnache frosting, and I kept thiking of that cake while smoking this thing. It was rich, yet very light at the same time, and it reminded me of dark chocolate, but still had a lot of sweetnes to it. I hate reviewing cigars on here that Ccom doesn't carry, but I guess if you like milder cigars with some sweetness to it, then you'd do well to pick up a few if you get a chance. For me it was the perfect study buddy while the little dude napped away the afternoon.
  • Options
    double post, my bad
  • Options
    JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    JonathanE:
    BigT06:
    Thought about eating the nub...
    Haha, nice.

I will be smoking a Bahia Trinidad Maduro Robusto. I am strangely optimistic about this cigar despite the fact that I almost posted about my last Bahia on the GAR thread. My backup strategy in case this one grows legs and walks across the street is a Cusano 18 Paired Maduro Toro.

I almost counted the brand out after my first expeirence with a Bahia cigar but now I'm really glad I gave it another chance. It has an overly open draw but a great burn performance with plenty of both oral and olfactory flavors. It has the right touch of espresso bitterness and some pepper and spice but with enough cedary earthiness to make it well rounded. This is a decent little smoke in its own right but at $1.75 it's awesome!

EDIT: I'm almost ashamed to say that I got buzzed like a noob too!

• Options
    willso7willso7 Posts: 156
    Smoking my first 262 paradigm. Taste pretty well.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Hopefully something. This new parent thing really cuts into smoking time.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried a CAO Brazilia, and that thing was awesome! So much smoke from it.. Good all the way down. I'm definitely going for the 10 pack deal.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st up was a smoke i got as a freebie to try and wasnst bad at tall, " simpatico " , ash didnt hold on too long but nice flavor , leather and towards the end a chewy smoke,, next up a my father le bijou 1922
  • Options
    Padilla habano
  • Options
    t_evan50:
    Hopefully something. This new parent thing really cuts into smoking time.
    +1 to that
    BigT06:
    Smoking a Quesada Oktoberfest now. Great cigar.
    'bout to light one up shortly
  • Options
    Finally, time to relax. Just fired up the Oktoberfest with some Flying Dog Dogtoberfest.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Couldn't resist, having a Monte.#2. Wonderful, this could be a great morning smoke.