Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    amz1301:
    Finally, time to relax. Just fired up the Oktoberfest with some Flying Dog Dogtoberfest.
    Sounds like a great combo! Let me know how they pair up!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    dbeckom:
    amz1301:
    Finally, time to relax. Just fired up the Oktoberfest with some Flying Dog Dogtoberfest.
    Sounds like a great combo! Let me know how they pair up!
    Took your advice, took her out of the humi lastnight. 45min in and no burn issues and no relights so far. Very nice.
  • Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    Earlier this evening I lit up my last Cohiba Puro Dominicana and pitched it after about a third as it is still nasty to my palate. I then lit a Diesel Unlimited Torpedo and am finishing the night with a LCH Core.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Before dinner was a Room 101 Namakubi Papi Chulo, after dinner was a Tatuaje 7th Reserva and now headed to a bar with a MB1 in hand. :)
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Yesterday I had an Airbender Chisel, a LFD DL 600, and a Cuba Libre Epicure. Very nice.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just lit up a San Lotano habano.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Hemingway Signature while watching the Skins game on TV, and the Bucs game on my laptop. Cigar is great... games not going my way
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Just finished a Carlos Torano exodus silver.
    And to celebrate the Bucs narrow come back... Lighting a 2 year old Opus Super Belicoso I was gifted by a great botl.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Finished an RP Rosado, nice medium body and good flavor
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st up was a gurkha rare breed
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    5 Vegas Series 'A' Anomaly.
    up now a joya de nic. cabinetta toro, nice
  • Had a La Herencia corona earlier, now on to an Obisidian perfecto.
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    CAO Brazilia Gol, one of my favs.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    La Gloria Cubana - Medaille D`or No.3 with 2 fingers of Havana Club 7 year old rum.
  • JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    1st) Gurkha Empire V - great smoke, mild but with a strong taste/flavor. Is that a contradiction??
    2nd) Cusano 59 Rare Cameroon - very evolving cigar. Oddly, the last third was the best!

• Bucking_WBucking_W Posts: 208 ✭✭
    After a nice dinner and finally some rain here in Texas and went out back in the cool air and had a Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve. Always a great smoke.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    JonathanE:
    1st) Gurkha Empire V - great smoke, mild but with a strong taste/flavor. Is that a contradiction??
    2nd) Cusano 59 Rare Cameroon - very evolving cigar. Oddly, the last third was the best!

. Love the 59 rc. One of my go to smokes for sure. One of my favorite cameroons as well.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Diesel UHC - it's becoming a favorite - (and that's RampMonkey's fault!)

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Smoked a Gurkha Beauty in Charlestown, WV yesterday and a Fuente Magnum Rosado and Armada Toro Grande today on the way home.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Sat night I had my first 1844,thanks to xxIcedGuardianxx, while herfing with him and Stephen_Hannibal and wow that was a fantastic stick! Paired it with a Sam Adams Octoberfest also courtesy of the Guardian who is Iced. Carl thanks again brother! You are way too kind Sir

Then on Sunday me, my mom and her boyfriend went to watch the Titans game before they left to go back to TN and he and I both had Diesel UC's. Another stick that I can't get enough of and he loved it as well. Paired that with a Sam Adams Octoberfest as well.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Had a 5 Vegas 'A' while getting some fall projects done.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I had me a La Vieja Habano from Drew Estates... Good basic stick... Nicely done Jonathan
    been busy, only one tonight, firing up a obsidian belicoso
  • Passed my last phd exam today...nothing left but the dissertation so my girl took me out to celebrate and bought me a DPG blue label, one of my favorites. Following it up now, with a Romeo y Julieta short churchill...man it's been a long time coming!
  • jj20030:
    been busy, only one tonight, firing up a obsidian belicoso

ps JJ how's that belicoso? I loved the perfecto I had the other night.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mephisto:
    Passed my last phd exam today...nothing left but the dissertation so my girl took me out to celebrate and bought me a DPG blue label, one of my favorites. Following it up now, with a Romeo y Julieta short churchill...man it's been a long time coming!
    Congratulations...that's quite an accomplishment!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
    bandyt09:
    La Gloria Cubana - Medaille D`or No.3 with 2 fingers of Havana Club 7 year old rum.
    That sucker from Joe? I smoked one I got in a trade with him a few days ago. Killer sticks.

Burning a Behike BHK52 I've had for a few months. Origins were a little dubious, but I am relieved to report that the "the only way to really tell is to smoke it" test has proven that my fears of fraud were unfounded. This thing is, to steal from Suckling, THE BOMB.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Mephisto:
    Passed my last phd exam today...nothing left but the dissertation so my girl took me out to celebrate and bought me a DPG blue label, one of my favorites. Following it up now, with a Romeo y Julieta short churchill...man it's been a long time coming!

Congrats Mephisto.