Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing! I've had a migraine, so I haven't had a cigar for the past few nights!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    Right now I am enjoying some Four Roses Single barrel with a Diesel Unlimited Robusto.
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    dbeckom:
    Nothing! I've had a migraine, so I haven't had a cigar for the past few nights!
    I feel for ya. Ive actually been over doin it. Had a bunch of xtra time to myself this week and been over indulging. Palate fatigue sucks.
  • Nothin' cause I'm at work. Dreaming about that Obsidian perfecto tomorrow, though.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    My very last RP Sumatra.
    lcpleel:
    My very last RP Sumatra.
    Is that the xtreme or Edge sumatra? Been curious bout the xtremes as they can be had cheap.
  • First up was a Cuba Libre, then I had a Oliva serie V maduro. So smooth, it's official..my first box purchase will be these. Start time 1 am, finished @ 2:50 am. So tasty

• Having my second cigar tonight.... bought a "Arturo Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8" The store only has like 10 different cigars to choose from, so maybe i'll have them all done by the time I leave here. Wish me luck!
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    That is a great cigar and a great price usually. The maduro is my favorite of that one.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    I was out and about yesterday, trying to stay away from the new crack site that ccom has placed up...couch..sprint..couch...and decided to check out a smoke shop that was close to home that a buddy of mine stumbled across just the other day.

I stopped in and found it to be over all not a bad little shop. Single chamber humidor with little to no walking inside due to the shelf in the center of it. Several nice feature that caught my eye was it had a smoking lounge and just off to the side of it was a door to the pub/restaurant next door! I'm thinking hell yeah!

Anyway long story short I snagged a Alec Bradley Family Blend. Got it home, sat down in my back yard with a drink in hand looking to tear this bad boy up, one I have never tried, and I have to say was DAMN, this was a dog rocket! Tossed this thing straight to the garden! Just over all was too earthy or green for me. Burn issue, damn thing would stay lit. Anyone else have this issue or just a bum stick. Thoughts?
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Finally out by the creek enjoying a Viaja Satori and a Guiness.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    RampMonkey:
    I was out and about yesterday, trying to stay away from the new crack site that ccom has placed up...couch..sprint..couch...and decided to check out a smoke shop that was close to home that a buddy of mine stumbled across just the other day.

I stopped in and found it to be over all not a bad little shop. Single chamber humidor with little to no walking inside due to the shelf in the center of it. Several nice feature that caught my eye was it had a smoking lounge and just off to the side of it was a door to the pub/restaurant next door! I'm thinking hell yeah!

Anyway long story short I snagged a Alec Bradley Family Blend. Got it home, sat down in my back yard with a drink in hand looking to tear this bad boy up, one I have never tried, and I have to say was DAMN, this was a dog rocket! Tossed this thing straight to the garden! Just over all was too earthy or green for me. Burn issue, damn thing would stay lit. Anyone else have this issue or just a bum stick. Thoughts?
    I've had 2AB Fam. Blend and I enjoyed both. And I hate a "green" tasting cigar. You should revisit if u have the chance. Ihmo
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    t_evan50:
    RampMonkey:

I've had 2AB Fam. Blend and I enjoyed both. And I hate a "green" tasting cigar. You should revisit if u have the chance. Ihmo
    I shall someday, thanks T_evean.
  • JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    howtobass:
    Having my second cigar tonight.... bought a "Arturo Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8" The store only has like 10 different cigars to choose from, so maybe i'll have them all done by the time I leave here. Wish me luck!
    Dude, after I get done with you - courtesy of the "Troops Cigars" thread - you're going to have to smoke 'em just to keep 'em fresh!

What did you think of the Flor Fina?

I burnt a La Aroma de Cuba Monarch Robusto tonight. Nice tasting, great draw. ...but there was something odd about the way it performed. Never had one quite like that before.

Just arived at a Drew Estate event that doesnt start for 3hrs. Passing the time by lighting up an Liga Privada no9 double corona. Seriously I didnt even know they made this blend in a x2 corona.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Passing the time @ Habanos Cigar Lounge in The Bucket, having an AVO No. 9 and a Guiness. Fiance's going to be peeved when she gets home and I'm here...but I like AVO's and Guiness, so it's okay.
    y2pascoe:
    Passing the time @ Habanos Cigar Lounge in The Bucket, having an AVO No. 9 and a Guiness. Fiance's going to be peeved when she gets home and I'm here...but I like AVO's and Guiness, so it's okay.
    Ha ha lucky for me my ladys gone at a work confrence till wed, shell never know Im out spoiling myself.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    gaberox:
    y2pascoe:
    Ha ha lucky for me my ladys gone at a work confrence till wed, shell never know Im out spoiling myself.
    I've already been chastised for not being home to put dinner on the stove before she gets home. It's Friday night for pete's sake!
    y2pascoe:
    gaberox:
    y2pascoe:
    I've already been chastised for not being home to put dinner on the stove before she gets home. It's Friday night for pete's sake!
    tell her to grab some drive through and meet you out and have some fun. After all it is Friday night!
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte. Bold and flavorful.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st up was a fonseca vintage robusto , i likey, lol,, now a mf lancero
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Heres a pic of myself....wait for it.....
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    Is that you DB, god your sexy!!!!Always nice to put a face to the legend..(edit) Dang it I got you and your brother mixed up....lol hopefully he's got a sense of humor too ...
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a diesel shorty.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    Smoking a God of Fire by Don Carlos 2006. Drinking some rum.
    The Kid:
    RBeckom:
    Is that you DB, god your sexy!!!!Always nice to put a face to the legend..(edit) Dang it I got you and your brother mixed up....lol hopefully he's got a sense of humor too ...
    LMAO! that's funny! I'll have to dig up a pic of me.

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • RP 1990
    LPH Black Pearl. Haven't had one of these in a while...seeing em on the Sprint made me want one! These babies never disappoint!

• jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i read that these my father lanceros would last over 2 hours, wouldnt belive it but yeaya, still got about 4 inches left on this bad boy!
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    First up Graycliff G2 Torp. with some Guinness Black Lager. Hopefully I can stay awake long enough to have a second stick tonight.