Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i would say the 5 vegas is better than the macanudo.

...regardless of price.

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I'd say Black and Milds are better than Macanudo! haha Kidding!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Tonight I settled down with a La Aurora Barrel Aged robusto, nice cigar I must say. Compared to the first one I had, I still think they need some time to settle and meld a little more, not surprising since my first one was roughly a month ago, so I'll see where this one is at around January, I think it will be quite good.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I finally had a RP 1992. It was awesome! I need to get me more. I think it was aging in my humidor for about 4 months.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    I finally had a RP 1992. It was awesome! I need to get me more. I think it was aging in my humidor for about 4 months.
    So.. What took so long ? After all that's been said about these sticks in the past you should have jumped on that one. I really like them, probably my favotite R.P. stick.
  • Options
    You know, everytime I went to smoke it something came up. I wasn;t able to smoke where I was, didn't have the time to fully enjoy it, etc... Plus a few came up like the Shaggy and Royal Salute than I wanted to try even more. But I am glad I waited till I could enjoy it. I'll have to pick up some more once I deplete my inventory.

I had a Gurkha Grand Reserve today. Not the one in the tube with the Congac but a regular one that my friend got in a bundle. Not bad, not huge amounts of flavor. Can't say I would buy them but I wouldn't say no if I was offered one.

Hrm... What to smoke tomorrow? Got my box of Warlords today. Just gotta figure out how I am going to humidify them. No room in the humidors. I don't have a cooler. I think I am going to throw some of those Humi-Care Water Pillows in the box. I have three spare for now. I may have to think about getting the 7th Hunidor. A really big one! I have a Monitcristo one that is almost a waste. It fits the nubs good but is really small and I can't put much in there.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya know the old saying "Even an old, blind sow finds an acorn now and then'? Well, I found one.

Based on the brand name, I had a preconcieved notion that the smoke I had tonight would probably be relegated to the 'dog rocket' category but, Boy!. Was I wrong! I had a FIRE by Indian Tabac and I guess it was the brand name that turned me off. I should have known better - after all, it's one of Rocky Patel's blends and I haven't yet smoked one of his and been disappointed with it.

It was touted as full-bodied but I didn't find it so. It was more a medium-bodied smoke but had very nice flavor and lots of creamy, white smoke with a smnooth, easy draw and an even burn. It was really quite good.

And, for a little different taste, try dipping the head of one into a big snifter of Knob Creek just before taking a puff. MMmmm! Very tasty. This one goes on my 'preferred' list.

Molto Bene.

Marty

Life is too short for bad cigars, Grasshopper

• Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I picked up a AVO no 2 tonight. All I can say is that it was one classy smoke. Lit up like magic and was rich from the start. Kind of a loose draw at first, but developed a nice rich woody flavor immediately. Didn't really reveal much of any other notes, but got richer as it burned. After an hour, the draw began to stiff up a bit. I tried to work it out, but it only got slightly better. I took a few more labored draws from it, then let it expire with about 2 1/2 inches left.

All in all, it was a wonderful first experience with my first AVO. A nice mild-med cigar to finish my night.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    bbc020:
    I picked up a AVO no 2 tonight. All I can say is that it was one classy smoke.
    Innit? I haven't had the no.2, but the Domaine no.30 is one of my faves, and "classy" is definitely the word for it.

As for me, I had a Don Carlos no.3 tonight. Top-notch, as always.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    yesterday was a rare two cigar day.

first was a gurkha warlord. good cigar. not my favorite gurkha but good.

next was an Oliva series G maduro. this too was a good cigar. the flavor was great but i found that the cigar got way to soft as it went along. i think there wasnt enough filler in there.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Taking a personal day today, just finished a Victor Sinclair Series 55 Grand Reserve Corojo churchill. Not a bad smoke for a cool misty morning. Haven't had one of these before, it's been sitting in the humi for a long time - came in some sampler way back when.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Finally had a dry morning and I even woke up a little early. Lit up a cigar.com camaroon label and man this little guy wasn't half bad, and smoke, lots of it. Stayed even all the way through, lots of smoke, and no issues what-so-ever. I really didn't pick up anything other than ta-backy and spice.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    yesterday was a rare two cigar day.

first was a gurkha warlord. good cigar. not my favorite gurkha but good.

next was an Oliva series G maduro. this too was a good cigar. the flavor was great but i found that the cigar got way to soft as it went along. i think there wasnt enough filler in there.
    I like the olivia g as well, never had it go soft though, in both my personal life and my cigar smoking... =-p
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Tonight is an Oliva V Beli. It is freakin cold sitting on the third floor deck in Chicago. I forgot how much it sucks to not have a garage.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    You know, everytime I went to smoke it something came up. I wasn;t able to smoke where I was, didn't have the time to fully enjoy it, etc... Plus a few came up like the Shaggy and Royal Salute than I wanted to try even more. But I am glad I waited till I could enjoy it. I'll have to pick up some more once I deplete my inventory.

I had a Gurkha Grand Reserve today. Not the one in the tube with the Congac but a regular one that my friend got in a bundle. Not bad, not huge amounts of flavor. Can't say I would buy them but I wouldn't say no if I was offered one.

Hrm... What to smoke tomorrow? Got my box of Warlords today. Just gotta figure out how I am going to humidify them. No room in the humidors. I don't have a cooler. I think I am going to throw some of those Humi-Care Water Pillows in the box. I have three spare for now. I may have to think about getting the 7th Hunidor. A really big one! I have a Monitcristo one that is almost a waste. It fits the nubs good but is really small and I can't put much in there.
    rwheel, 7th Humidor is full ! Now thats a great problem to have. When you put the pillows in the box, put the box in a big zip lock bag too, I have stored boxes for months at a time that way without any problem. Actually, I double zip lock bag them with another couple pillows in the outer bag.
  • Options
    I just finished up with a La Aurora 1495 corona. After finishing this cigar, I understand why I like the 1495 cameroon, this blend is amazing and adding an extensively aged cameroon wrapper just makes it more so. For those of you who like the 1495/1994 cameroon, I'd recommend trying the regular 1495 corona, it's awesome.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    rwheelwright:

rwheel, 7th Humidor is full ! Now thats a great problem to have. When you put the pillows in the box, put the box in a big zip lock bag too, I have stored boxes for months at a time that way without any problem. Actually, I double zip lock bag them with another couple pillows in the outer bag.
    Agreed. The Warlord box is not suitable to use as a humidor by itself, I tried that with mine and it just didn't work at all. The bags will do the trick.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I just finished up with a La Aurora 1495 corona. After finishing this cigar, I understand why I like the 1495 cameroon, this blend is amazing and adding an extensively aged cameroon wrapper just makes it more so. For those of you who like the 1495/1994 cameroon, I'd recommend trying the regular 1495 corona, it's awesome.
    Thanks Joe, You just cost me another 100 buck. It has been my experience that if you like it, so will I. And I really like the 1495/1994.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    Thanks Joe, You just cost me another 100 buck. It has been my experience that if you like it, so will I. And I really like the 1495/1994.
    Dang, you should have shot me a pm, I could have hooked you up with some to try before you buy. That said, I don't think you'll be disappointed, it really is a fantastic blend.
  • Options
    Thanks for the offer Joe, but I trust your advice when it comes to good cigars..You smoke only the best.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    had my first maxx curve today - really enjoyed- would proably buy again
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    rwheelwright:

Agreed. The Warlord box is not suitable to use as a humidor by itself, I tried that with mine and it just didn't work at all. The bags will do the trick.
    I am gonna have to get a damn large zip lock back for the chest. Maybe I'll just take them out and split them into three zip lock bags and leave themfor now until I can stomach another humidor. Thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Had a perdomo lot 23 robusto last night. been having some humidifercation problems, ok more than a litte, so it was drier than I would have liked. still seemed decent. wish i could have had it under better cirumstances.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    blaming more people again.... =) :::shakes head:::

Don't think I've had any warlords before, a whole box, nicely done. I've got to give them a try sometime.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    rwheelwright:

I am gonna have to get a damn large zip lock back for the chest. Maybe I'll just take them out and split them into three zip lock bags and leave themfor now until I can stomach another humidor. Thanks for the advice!
    I'm thinking a big, green garbage bag. :)
  • Options
    just smoked a cohida pequenos at work ( not enough time to enjoy a full size smoke today) pretty impressive but then again what from cohiba is not good !!! tin of 6 for 9.99 from local small hole in the wall shop close to home.excellent value. cheapest i have seen these
  • Options
    cohiba pequenos .
  • Options
    Today was (a) A. Fuentes Cuban Corona.. Nice little cigar. Coffee like, nutty, some leathery taste. When I was finished, I wanted another. A sure sign of a good cigar to me.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Just picked up 2 CAO Gold torpedos that I've been dying to try. Gonna go see a movie with a bud and then lighting up these babies.
  • Options
    Today was a most rare 3 cigar day for me. I started early with a Padilla Habano torpedo, which I liked despite the wrapper malfunction I experienced around the halfway point. In the early afternoon I settled down with a favorite of mine, a Punch punch, which never disappoints. To cap off the day, I just finished up with a Toraño Virtuoso robusto, I was quite pleased with this one and now I wish I had purchased more than one...maybe next time. What a good day, plenty of relaxation and good cigars, I couldn't ask for much more.