Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    On a differen note, I just ordered a chest of Gurkha Warlord. Not a bad price. $209.95 for 33! That's $6.36 a cigar. YAY!
    I will be your ccom mooch
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I had an Oliva Serie O perfecto. Doggone, there are a lot of good perfectos out there, fellas. And this is one of them.

Last night, I had a Sancho Panza dbl. maduro corona (I think they call it the La Mancha) and a Gurkha Centurian while watching the election results come in. Both were excellent.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    kuzi16:
    rwheelwright:
    On a differen note, I just ordered a chest of Gurkha Warlord. Not a bad price. $209.95 for 33! That's $6.36 a cigar. YAY!
    I will be your ccom mooch
    :-)
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a nice Padron 2000 habano this evening, sadly it was the last of a 4 pack I had bought, all of them were consistently good though, so I've found yet another reasonably priced cigar to add to my list of go to cigars.
  • Options
    I had a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet tonight. Not sure of the size but it was really small. Maybe a 5 or a 6 inch by maybe 38 or 40? It was better than the other Cuban Cabinets I've had.

Tomorrow I am going to VA. I'll be bringing at least 4 with me. I'll end up smoking two each way and I'll bring a few as spares! Definately gonna have one of te Royal Salutes. Probably start with that one. I'll probably bring a Warlord with me, Grand Age, Shaggy Maduro and Connecticut and maybe a Nub or two. I love long drives. I get to clear my head, listen to some good music and enjoy my smokes! Oh, and I am using my Don Carlos 30th Anniversary travel humidor for the first time. Gonna smoke in style! Yum... I can't wait!
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    My first Acid, a Kuba Kuba. Wasn't sure quite what to expect. Overall nice smoke; interesting flavor, nice aroma, perfect burn.

RW, what part of VA are you coming to?
  • Options
    zoom6zoom:
    My first Acid, a Kuba Kuba. Wasn't sure quite what to expect. Overall nice smoke; interesting flavor, nice aroma, perfect burn.

RW, what part of VA are you coming to?
    Centreville. My best friend lives there.
  • Options
    Tonight was a Sol Cubano Sumatra churchill. I finally sat down with one of these to see what the buzz was all about, and it was a pretty good cigar I must say.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    just got in from the b&m - picked up a kuhlua torpedo, sancho panza ,maxx curve,cao brazillia,cusano 18 dbl conn, cusano 59 - should be a good weekend
  • Options
    I had an Upmann, earlier. Good stuff. Now it's time for . . . something else.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    I'm smoking the Opus X **** that Urbi sent me recently. It's tough trying to put aside the hype and go about it with an open mind to form my own opinion. I am getting some really nice flavors from it.
  • Options
    Oliva Serie G Maduro, Drew Estate Java Waffe. I also tried the Cigar.com corojo and did not like it one bit, I gave it a good try, smoked half but just couldn't be bothered to finish.
  • Options
    Scrambler:
    I'm smoking the Opus X **** that Urbi sent me recently. It's tough trying to put aside the hype and go about it with an open mind to form my own opinion. I am getting some really nice flavors from it.
    I'll be interested to hear what you think, Scramz. I haven't lit one up, yet.

I finished off last night with a Savinelli ELR. As an old pipe-smoker, I really wanted to like this one. I have to say, though, I come away with an "Eh" on the RRS. It had some nuttiness that was nice, now and then, but didn't seem terribly flavorful, overall.
  • Options
    I smoked the Gurkha Royal Salute first on Friday on my long drive. The beginning was ok but got harsh around the half way point. My second cigar of the drive was the Shaggy Conn. I liked that one so much better. If I remember it had hints of coffee, chocolate and cream. Probably going to smoke a Shaggy Maduro and Warlord on the way home tomorrow.
  • Options
    I just had a Cusano Hermanos Vintage churchill. This is a good, mild cigar. If I didn't already have a few mild cigars I really, really like, I'd keep these on hand.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    If it wasn't so cold and windy I'd be out on my patio smoking a Nub Connecticut. Been looking forward to them and with a month of rest on it, it should be good to go if I can find a place to smoke.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Had a Gurka Turk this afternoon...

Haven't decide yet on tonights sacrifice :)
  • Options
    romeo y julieta clemenceaus (tubed) good smoke---- come to think of it -can't remember a romeo y julieta i have been disappointed in
  • Options
    I'm smoking my first Sol Cubano Connecticut Toro and lovin it!!!
  • Options
    I took a stab at a Gurkha Masters Select, in the giant 6x60 XO size. Short story short, this was a thoroughly boring cigar...it offered nothing special to me, and didn't even offer enough for me to keep burning it. As it is getting a bit more on the chilly side at night, I'm finding my tolerance for average/boring cigars is dropping.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I took a stab at a Gurkha Masters Select, in the giant 6x60 XO size. Short story short, this was a thoroughly boring cigar...it offered nothing special to me, and didn't even offer enough for me to keep burning it. As it is getting a bit more on the chilly side at night, I'm finding my tolerance for average/boring cigars is dropping.
    Hrm... I had one of these and really liked it. Maybe a bad stick?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    j0z3r:
    Hrm... I had one of these and really liked it. Maybe a bad stick?
    i have a ew resting now. maybe ill get time to light one up soon.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Last night I had some friends over for risk, had a new playboy robusto, which was mild yet had some good tasty notes to it, burned very well. Also had a nice RP 1990 aged 12 year toro, now let me tell you, that was a damn good stick. Beefy as hell but very good, just took me a long, long time to smoke. Anyone have the 10 year? I'm wondering if I should pick a couple of them up, or just get another 2 of the 12 year..
  • Options

just finished a cao brazillia torp - good burn,const, just did not impress me- for whatever reason enjoyed mx2 more-

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:

just finished a cao brazillia torp - good burn,const, just did not impress me- for whatever reason enjoyed mx2 more-

I saw some of these at my shop, but saw they had some America's so I picked two of them up. Man are these boys thick. I'll have to try the mx2, though I wasn't super found of the cx2, I might try the mx2, but they are a little spendy, like 9 bucks at the shop.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    took a little trip with friends sat, sun and today. Had RP vintage 1992 torpedo (which I've had before and loved), Oliva G which I've had before and like and Nub connecticut which I've never had before and like very much.
  • Options
    I had the Warlord and Shaggy Maduro today on my drive back. The Shaggy was not as intense as the Conn Shaggy but good just the same. I swear for a second I tasted bacon! Weird. The Warlord was soooo different. It reminded me of a Mayorga in the beginning. Near the end, I started to get that taste that a cigar tastes like when it is not fully lit and is about to go out. It was tough but at least it was near the end. I left about 1 1/2 to 2 inches on it. If was hard going right from one big cigar to another big cigar without a rest. On the way down I gave myself like 45 minutes before I lit up the second.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Scrambler:
    dutyje:
    Tonight I had one of the Nestor Reserve Maduro Torpedos. I think Scrambler would absolutely love this smoke.
    I'll be sure to try one. I just read it has a maduro wrapper, with a cameroon binder? Sounds good.
    So, I bought a bundle of these, and the first one I didn't enjoy very much at all. The flavor was just extremely sweet, almost saccharin-like. Anyway, I'm glad I pulled another one out to try tonight. It is very well balanced, with a lot of flavor. I'm glad I have 23 more in the humi, thanks for the recommendation.
  • Options
    Genealogically, the credit for this one goes to sdip. He recommended them to me (maybe even sent me one?), I sent one (or two?) to doodie, doodie recommended them to you.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    I guess this was my rec. Lucky - just liked what I read in the catalog and the 93 rating. If I am ranking maduros I would say the 5 Vegas Apex and the RP Double Maduro are better, but only the 5 Vegas is comparable with price/value.